Food allergy is a negative reaction of the body, to a product whose properties are sensitized. The main feature of food allergy is that it can be caused by any product without exception.
Since recently, the number of people suffering from food allergies has increased, doctors and allergists more and more often describe the diet to their patients. And the diet for food allergies in everyone is individual
Basic principles of diet with food allergies
Diet with food allergies: a fine healing process. Whatever form of diet for food allergies you are not offered, in any case, it will exclude products for which you have a negative reaction. Also excluded are products that in principle contain allergens: vegetables / fruits, fish / seafood, canned food, soda. In this case, you can get rid of allergies much faster.
In principle, there are many products that contain many allergens. A long list of such products can be easily excluded from the diet: sweet soda, smoked meat, marinades, canned food, alcohol. They also include products with flavorings, preservatives, dyes, emulsifiers.
But among the products that cause allergies, there are also useful ones, namely: fish / seafood, chicken / beef, offal, whole milk, eggs, fruits / vegetables / berries, citrus fruits, cocoa / coffee, chocolate.
Diet with food allergies categorically prohibits their use, and, as you know, it is wise to make a full-fledged replacement yourself, you can not. Be sure to consult an allergist, and it will be for you a diet that will give your body a full meal, and, at the same time, relieve allergies.
Consolation is that the diet with food allergies slowly but surely will save you from unpleasant symptoms, and you will be able to return your favorite foods to your diet – but carefully and little by little. When and how much this can be done – your doctor will decide.
Diet will teach you to carefully monitor your diet, and you will lose weight and you will feel much better.
Which foods are the most allergenic
Variety. So, for example, in the inhabitants of coastal regions, where fish is considered one of the main foods used for food. It often causes an allergic reaction.
Most often, an allergic reaction occurs to marine fish. In some people, the allergy can already be manifested by the smell of fish. Quite often there is an allergy to seafood, such as: shrimp, crawfish, caviar, crabs, since they contain a very large amount of pure protein.
However, meat, although it contains a high amount of protein, rarely causes an allergic reaction. For example, pork, horse meat, chicken are more likely to cause allergies than lamb or beef. In these types of meat, the quantitative composition of the protein is very different and therefore those who can not beef can eat lamb or pork.
It would seem that the most useful foods for a person, such as vegetables, fruits, berries, can be potential allergens.
One of the most powerful allergens are nuts.
However, an allergy can manifest itself to one kind of nuts and does not arise at all when another is used. The manifestation of allergy to nuts can be so strong that even traces left by the presence of some kind of nut can cause a strong reaction.
Symptoms and time of manifestation of food allergies directly depends on the type of allergic reaction. So when an allergic reaction is immediate, the allergy manifests itself in a few minutes (usually 20-30 minutes) or after 3-4 hours after eating.
The following manifestations occur: urticaria, anaphylactic reactions, rhinitis, dermatitis, asthma, vascular edema.
The reactions of the same delayed type are manifested through 10-24 hours or several days after taking the product.
Symptoms are gradually manifested: depression, muscle pain, inflammation of the joints, headaches, vascular spasms, impaired urinary function, enuresis, bronchitis, poor appetite, constipation, blurred vision.
With food allergies in children, the symptoms are more likely to occur from the skin and respiratory system, less often from the gastrointestinal tract.
From the skin: itching, rashes, redness and dryness of the skin. The most common products are: tomatoes, citrus fruits, milk, chocolate, eggs.
On the part of the respiratory system: cough, discharge from the nose, sneezing, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, nasal congestion. The most common products are milk, vegetables, fruits, wheat, eggs.
On the part of the digestive system: vomiting, abdominal pain, choking in the throat. The most common products are: milk, fish, cereals, meat, eggs.
Diet for allergies to pollen trees
(birch, alder, hazel, oak, elm, maple)
- bread products – bread, buns and biscuits;
- Soups and dishes from meat – any of low-fat beef, veal, poultry;
- dishes from eggs – any
- milk and milk products – milk, sour milk, fermented baked milk, kefir, acidophilic milk, sour cream, non-acid cottage cheese, short shelf life;
- cereals, casseroles from cereals, pasta;
- vegetables – old potatoes, beetroot, radish, radish, cucumber, tomato;
- beans – beans, peas, lentils, peanuts;
- drinks: tea, weak coffee with milk, drinking and mineral water.
- sweet dishes and confectionery products – sugar, sweets, jam
- food colorings and food additives
- smoked sausages
- cold drinks
- ice cream
In addition, the use of certain medicinal herbal remedies – birch buds, alder cones is prohibited.
Diet for allergies to cow’s milk
Allergy to cow’s milk is one of the most frequent, especially in children. From a diet with such an allergy, you will need to exclude all foods that contain milk or are prepared on its basis.
Often, people who are allergic to cow’s milk, normally tolerate goat’s milk, which allows a few to expand the diet.
Prohibited to use:
- any soups prepared with the use of milk;
- cheese (including homemade), sausages containing milk;
- mashed potatoes (cooked on milk);
- Pasta with cheese;
- bakery products cooked with the addition of milk: donuts, cookies, cakes, pancakes, pancakes, wafers, pies, breadcrumbs;
- porridge on milk, as well as cereals with high protein content;
- butter, cream, sour cream, cottage cheese (some patients transfer cottage cheese in moderate amounts);
- mayonnaise and margarine, containing milk in its composition;
- yoghurts and cottage cheeses;
- Condensed milk with sugar or sugar-free, milk powder, cocoa with milk;
- Milk cocktails, alcoholic drinks with cream;
- milk chocolate;
- products cooked in butter;
- products made in breadcrumbs (in breadcrumbs);
- for children – artificial mixtures, cooked on the basis of milk; some children do not tolerate kefir and cottage cheese, others can give these products, but in moderation.
It should be remembered that the milk in its composition contains: butter, margarine, cottage cheese, sour cream, dried and condensed milk, ice cream and many ready-made confectionery products. Milk also includes the names: whey, lactose, casein, casein hydrolyzate, which can be read in the composition of products.
Before buying a product, be sure to ask the seller how it was prepared and what is included in it, or carefully read the label. If the label does not indicate the composition of the product, it is better not to take it.
Are resolved to the use:
- broths and broths, filled with products included in the diet;
- products with a high protein content – meat of all sorts, fish, poultry, ham, kidneys, liver, sausage and meat canned foods that do not contain milk and its components;
- eggs, nuts and legumes;
- fruits and vegetables;
- bakery products: French, Italian and Viennese rolls and other varieties of wheat bread that do not contain milk and its components (most types of bread include milk), rye bread;
- dishes from cereals: cereals and casseroles from cereals and pasta, not containing butter, milk and its components;
- drinks: water, weak tea, carbonated drinks, any fruit and vegetable juices without milk and cream.
Excluded from the diet: products containing egg whites (marshmallows, omelettes, baked goods, sausages, mayonnaise, sausages, ice cream, yoghurts). Just pay attention to the labels of products on which the names of egg proteins are written: lecithin, albumin, ovomycin, vitellin, globulin, livetin, lysozyme, ovalbumin, ovomucoid.
Treatment only diet allows to achieve recovery in terms of 1 weeks to 1 months. If the duration of the disease does not exceed 3 years, in most patients the complete disappearance of symptoms occurs in 5-7 days. If the duration of the disease is more than 4 years, remission occurs at least in 1 month. The earlier the corresponding diet has been started, the faster the stabilization of the allergic process is achieved.
- filled with decoctions and broths included in the list of permitted products;
- high-protein products (legumes, nuts, mushrooms, canned fish, liver, kidneys, ham, meat of animals and poultry of all sorts),
- any bakery products,
- any fruits and vegetables,
- any dish from cereals,
- any dairy products,
- products with a high content of sucrose (halva, candy, chocolate, molasses, marmalade, confiture, jam),
- drinks (any alcohol, any vegetable and fruit juices, carbonated drinks, coffee, tea, drinking water).
- fish and fish products in absolutely any forms;
- products containing components of fish (fish oil, bone meal, caviar).
Tips for people with allergies
Do not drink alcoholic beverages, since they increase blood flow, speeding up absorption of gastric mucosa and intestinal food, enhance the action of food allergens.
Do not buy products containing GMOs (they are allergenic): most often it is soybean, corn, rice, pumpkin, cucumber, pepper, potato, also, transgenic proteins are used in the preparation of baby food, infant formulas, sausages, sweets, various drinks.
Prohibited for allergic dyes, additives: E100, E101, E102, E104, E107, E110, E120, E122-E124, E127-E129, E131-EXUMMX, E133.
To avoid an attack of allergies, remove the carpets and down pillows for the summer period. Also, it is often necessary to do a wet cleaning.
We remove from the house poisonous, allergenic houseplants (ambrosia, plants of the family of euphorbia, aroid, amaryllis, kutra, primula).
Often take a shower and wash your long hair.