Atkins diet – menu for every day
In an effort to lose weight and find a slender, smart figure, many people wear themselves out by strict diets, which sometimes give only a short-term result, detrimental to health. American doctor Robert Atkins proposed a system of nutrition, which personally adhered to throughout life since its inception. Its essence is to limit the use of carbohydrates in your diet, the predominance of protein foods and natural fats. Among the fans of the Atkins diet are many stars of show business, such as Demi Moore, Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Zeta-Jones, who by their own example prove its effectiveness.
Rules of the Atkins diet
Atkins diet for fast weight loss does not belong to the category of grueling and hard. To starve at all it is not necessary, after all portions of albuminous products are not limited. With a strong sense of hunger for Atkins, you can have a snack before bedtime, but with exceptionally permissible products. The advantages of the revolutionary Atkins diet include not only a full-fledged diet, but also the normalization of metabolism, which leads to a stable weight loss.
Atkins argues that eating carbohydrates, especially simple (sweets, confectionery), the body receives a large number of calories, which, when physical inactivity turns into fat. Protein products and complex carbohydrates (vegetables, fruits), says Dr. Atkins, are digested much more slowly, and their energy value is much less than the energy expended by the body for their assimilation, which contributes to losing weight. At the same saturation after consumption of protein products is felt much longer, which leads to a decrease in appetite.
Dr. Atkins diet for weight loss (stage):
- Induction – lasts two weeks. During this period, ketosis (fission of fats) should start. During this period you should use the menu: fish, meat, soy and dairy products. The daily norm of carbohydrates should be 20 gr (to provide it should not starchy vegetables: cucumber, cabbage, broccoli). All diets, fruits, cereals, starchy vegetables, seeds, nuts, butter are excluded from the diet. In the phase of "Induction" there is a rapid loss of weight.
- Balancing – at this stage, carbohydrates can be increased to 40 g per day. As their sources can be used: seeds, nuts, berries and unsweetened fruits. The duration of the stage of "Balancing" – until the moment you do not lose weight and achieve the desired result. Weight goes slowly, in contrast to the first stage, but it is stable. Every day you need to control your weight. After losing weight, you should again reduce the daily norm of carbohydrates to 20 gr.
- Maintaining weight – During this period, the menu should be dominated by proteins and fats. Carbohydrates are allowed in quantities that do not result in weight gain. You should increase their rate by 10 g per week. It is allowed to include starchy vegetables and cereals in the diet, but if the weight slightly increases, their quantity will need to be reduced. The duration of the stage is consonant with its name. It is necessary to adhere to this principle of nutrition until the weight stops, without sudden fluctuations.
- Stabilization – a stage, a lifetime. To maintain the lifetime result of losing weight, Dr. Atkins believes that you should limit the daily intake of carbohydrates to 120 gr.
To whom does the Atkins diet low-carbohydrate for weight loss and is it capable of causing harm to the body? To adhere to the Atkins diet can be people with excess weight, who do not suffer from any chronic diseases. Undoubtedly, the predominance of protein products in the menu is not a balanced diet. In order to make up for the shortage of essential microelements in the body, when feeding on Atkins for weight loss, it is necessary to take a complex of vitamins and minerals.
Are there any contraindications to its use? The Atins diet is not permissible with a number of existing diseases or in a certain period of life (for example, during pregnancy, so as not to deprive the fruit of the necessary vitamin and mineral complexes for normal development).
- disruption of the gastrointestinal tract;
- chronic diseases in the acute stage;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- children and adolescence;
- kidney disease (insufficiency, cholecystitis);
- high cholesterol in the blood.
The diet of Dr. Atkins means daily use of a specific set of approved products, which should provide stable weight loss without harm to health.
List of products for the Atkins diet:
- Meat: beef, veal, pork, rabbit;
- Bird (including game);
- Fish and seafood (oysters in limited quantities);
- Eggs (in any form: hard-boiled, soft-boiled, scrambled eggs, fried eggs);
- Do not starchy vegetables: asparagus, spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, bell pepper, radish, sorrel;
- Fruits and berries: raspberries, blueberries, avocados, apples, pears;
- Nuts, beans;
- Dairy products: cottage cheese, cheese, natural yoghurt, milk;
- Barley, brown rice, oats;
- Whole wheat bread;
- Nuts, seeds;
- Vegetable, soy, grape oil, vinegar;
- Garlic, thyme, dill, rosemary;
- Water, lemon juice, soda, tea, coffee (low in caffeine).
Atkins for one meal can not use the daily rate of carbohydrates in combination with proteins and fats – can withstand a two-hour interval. The restriction does not apply to the combination of proteins and fats.
List of products on the Robert Atkins diet, which are allowed in the menu, but are limited in quantity:
List of prohibited foods on the diet of Dr. Atkins:
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Sugar (in any form);
- Vegetables with a high content of starch (potatoes, corn);
- Sweet fruits (bananas, melon, grapes);
- Bakery products from wheat;
- Baking, confectionery, desserts with cream;
- Fats of artificial origin.
Menu for the week
Menu for the week on the Atkins diet (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner):
- Steam omelette. Ham;
- Bouillon. Beef medallions;
- Natural yoghurt;
- Salmon baked with Peking cabbage in lemon sauce.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs. Cheese;
- Broccoli cream soup; Turkey fillet steamed;
- Braised rabbit. Asparagus.
- Cottage cheese, seasoned with natural yogurt.
- The ear. Fish fillet;
- Baked chicken (used without skin). Spinach.
- Bouillon. Beef on the grill.
- Fish cutlets. Squash caviar.
- 2 eggs are soft. Tomatoes;
- Beef Goulash;
- Seafood salad.
- Soy pate. Ham;
- Tuna baked with spinach;
- Hard boiled egg;
- Salad from chicken liver.
- Omelette with ham, tomatoes and herbs;
- Beef cutlet steamed. Asparagus;
- Natural yoghurt;
- Chicken Rolls. Cauliflower.
The menu of the Dr. Atkins diet is quite diverse. We offer a few recipes for delicious dishes, which can be included in your diet for weight loss.
Wash the chicken and dry it. Grate with spices: salt, pepper, dry garlic. Sprinkle the carcass with lemon juice. Bake in preheated to 180 degrees until cooked (about 1 an hour).
This is an incredibly tasty dish that you can include in your diet menu for lunch or dinner. However, it is worth remembering that nutrition according to Atkins excludes the use of the skin. When baking fillets the bird becomes juicy and tender in taste.
Boil the shrimp. Pepper should be cleaned of seeds, washed, cut into thin half-rings. Onion peeled, cut into half rings. On the dish lay a leaf of lettuce, on top of shrimp, squid rings, peppers and onions. We fill the salad with lemon juice.
Light, but at the same time satisfying seafood salad perfect for dinner with the Atkins diet.
Broccoli cream soup
Boil the broccoli, mash it with a blender. The resulting mashed potatoes should be diluted with chicken broth to a thick sour cream, mix thoroughly, and salt. Before serving, we decorate at will with herbs (dill, parsley).
Soup-puree from broccoli can be included in your diet diet for lunch. According to Atkins, it is allowed to cook this dish on a meat broth according to preference.
Chicken fillet cut into parts, discourage, salt and pepper. Prepare the filling – finely chop the greens with champignons and boiled egg. In meat beads lay out the filling, twist the rolls, fixing them with a toothpick. Dip each roll in a whipped egg and spread on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven (35-45 minutes).
The period of diet compliance coincided with the holidays? Do not get upset, you can include piquant chicken rolls in the menu of your holiday table, while not violating the basic principles of diet for weight loss at Atkins.
Prepare minced meat from fish, add grated carrots, finely chopped onion, egg, salt, mix thoroughly until smooth. Form small cutlets, cook in a steamer 20 minutes.
Fish cutlets are simply melted in the mouth, and therefore spoil yourself with this simple but at the same time hearty and delicious dish for dinner during the diet. You can serve them with broccoli, spinach or asparagus for Atkins.
Salad from the liver
Boil the liver, eggs and carrots, let them cool down. We cut the liver with straws, carrots, eggs and cheese three on a large grater. We mix the liver with carrots and eggs, salt, and yogurt. We spread the salad on a dish, sprinkle it with grated cheese, decorate with greens.
Salad from the liver is quite hearty. This self-sufficient dish can be served for lunch or dinner at the Atkins diet.
Beat the eggs in a blender. We add milk, salt, mix. We pour the mixture into the mold. We cook the omelet for a couple of 15 minutes.
A gentle, airy steam omelette is included in your diet for breakfast. According to Atkins it can be served with ham or greens.
The rules of low-carb diet Atkins for hypertension and epilepsy
Can I use the low-carb diet of Robert Atkins for weight loss in hypertension? Hypertension is not among the contraindications of diet for weight loss at Atkins. People who suffer from high blood pressure, you can adhere to it, but with some adjustments. The daily rate of carbohydrates should be slightly increased. In the diet with a diet should prevail: greens, unsweetened fruits and berries. Most of the menu should be protein products, but fatty foods should not be misused.
Numerous studies have shown that the revolutionary diet of Dr. Atkins allows you to reduce the number of convulsive seizures to 90% in people suffering from epilepsy. To achieve this result, you should eat all the approved products for weight loss on the diet of Atkins, however, give preference not to fats, but to proteins. A low-carbohydrate diet will not only help reduce the risk of new seizures, but also help keep weight under control.
Which diet is better than Atkins or Ducane?
Diets of Atkins and Dukan are very similar – both methods of weight loss are based on the predominance of protein foods in the menu, a significant reduction in complex carbohydrates, and the exclusion of simple (sweets, desserts, fresh baked goods). There are both methods for weight loss from 4 stages, the last of which must be observed throughout life. At the same time, the volume of portions and the number of their receptions are not limited.
However, there are some significant differences in these two diets:
Diet for Atkins. The menu allows the use of fatty varieties of meat and poultry (pork, duck, goose), mushrooms, nuts, butter and vegetable oil. Prohibited products include: ginger, adzhika, mustard. You should regularly count the amount of carbohydrates consumed. Norm should not exceed 20-120 grams per day, depending on the stage of the diet.
The diet for Dyukan. It is forbidden to eat fat meat and poultry, cream and vegetable oil, nuts, especially peanuts. Admitted: adzhika, ginger, mustard. Mushrooms are banned in the first phase of the diet, then allowed. According to Dyukan it is not necessary to count the amount of carbohydrates consumed. However, protein and carbohydrate days should alternate between each other.
To choose the most suitable variant of a diet for growing thin is best in an individual order, taking into account own preferences and features of an organism.