Backdrops with dumbbells (back attacks)
Back attacks with dumbbells (back attacks) – technique of the exercise:
- Stand straight, take a dumbbell in each hand. This will be your starting position.
- Make the right foot a step back, the left foot remains in place. Inhale, sit down, without bending at the waist and keeping your back straight. Hint: do not let the knee of the leg that lies ahead go forward. It should remain on one parallel with the foot. The lower leg, which is in front, should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Pushing away from the floor of the foot, on the exhalation, rise and return to the starting position. Bend from the floor with the toe of the foot, if you want to load quadriceps and use the push of a heel to accent the buttocks.
- Do the necessary number of repetitions, then change your leg.
Attention: this exercise requires a good sense of balance. If you are doing this exercise for the first time or have problems maintaining balance, try doing an exercise without a bar, using only your own weight as an aggravation.
Variations: There are several variations of this exercise.
- You can make lunges alternately, then right, then left foot.
- The starting position may be one in which one leg is already in front. In this case, you will only need to move up and down, sinking and lifting with weight.
- An advanced version of the exercise is the steps with the attack. Instead of taking a step back after the lunge and returning to the starting position, you again take a step forward, alternating, thus, the legs.
- Lungs can also be performed using a barbell on the shoulders.