Beans: useful properties and contraindications
Today, beans occupy a certain place in the diet of many people, and this is not surprising.
After all, its variety of varieties and useful properties can be endlessly spoken.
And given that this plant is rich in proteins and at the same time is a low-calorie product, it's just a godsend for many.
Of course, along with utility, there are certain contraindications, which we will consider in this article.
Useful properties of green beans
Surprisingly, but for a long time it was used as a landscaping interior, only seeds used in cooking.
However, there was a resourceful man who tried to use green pods in cooking and did not lose, because it turned out that they were not only tasty, they also had useful properties.
So there was a French string bean.
Green string beans, has really useful properties, the product is very low-calorie (less than 25 kcal), and the necessary microelements for the human body is plenty:
- B vitamins, carotene, folic acid, vitamins C, A, E;
- mineral constituents such as zinc, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, chromium;
- fiber, carbohydrates, protein, fats, sugar.
The use of green beans is diverse and numerous
- Improves the digestive system due to high sulfur content, helps with infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Due to the iron content is recommended for diseases of the hematopoiesis system, and the presence of arginine in this plant makes it an indispensable product for diabetics, which allows you to regulate blood sugar levels;
- Reduces the symptoms of rheumatism, eases bursitis, helps restore joints after prolonged physical exertion. In this case, it is not only about the use of beans themselves, but also the juice from it;
- The use of seeds of this plant, has a calming effect, regulates heart rhythm and blood pressure, fights against atherosclerosis;
- Has a diuretic effect, improves kidney function, prevents the formation of stones, improves the reproductive system.
Red beans and its properties
This variety of beans is also an extremely useful product for many factors:
The content in the fruit of a huge number of plant proteins, of which ¾ is absorbed by the human body and in value it is close to meat and fish.
The red bean contains fiber, which has several positive moments:
- saturates the body and gives a feeling of satiety;
- removes excess fluid and toxins from the body;
- stabilizes blood sugar;
- prevents the formation of malignant tumors.
The presence in the variety of the vitamin complex – C, PP, vitamins of group B (B1, B2, B6) favorably affects human immunity, stabilizes the work of the nervous system.
How much caloric green borsch? Read this and other useful information in this article about borsch.
How good will the hake be if it is baked in the oven entirely? Recommended reading: http://notefood.ru/retsepty-blyud/ry-ba/hek-zapechennyj-v-dyhovke.html
The content of amino acids, namely:
- tryptophan, which has a sedative and soothing effect;
- lysine, which counteracts infectious agents in the intestine, the herpes virus, the development of oncological formations;
- arginine, which contributes to the protection of the reproductive system of women;
- tyrosine, balancing the work of the endocrine system, preventing obesity;
- histidine, which prevents the development of anemia.
Red beans are also actively used for cosmetic purposes.
Basically, these are nourishing masks that fight with signs of aging and give the skin a healthy radiance.
What is useful for white beans?
This variety is also the leader among vegetables on the composition of vitamins and the necessary macro- and microelements for human health.
- Vitamins E, K, PP, C prevent the development of cardiovascular diseases;
- Vitamins Ca, K, P strengthens the enamel of the teeth, prevents many joint diseases;
- Vitamins A, C contribute to the improvement of the visual system.
Fiber helps to remove toxins, has a diuretic effect, which is beneficial for various types of puffiness.
White beans with regular use of it can restore the work of metabolic processes, stabilize blood sugar values, normalize the digestive system, in particular, relieve constipation due to the presence of a coarse fiber.
By its usefulness this kind of this legume plant is not inferior to its associates, its fruits, having a sparing effect on the intestine, evenly enrich the body with the necessary substances, vitamins and trace elements, fully saturating it.
The latest research data showed that regular intake of this variety is excellent prevention of cancer, in particular from the gastrointestinal tract.
The most basic complex of actions of black beans on the human body:
- Diuretic – prevents swelling, development of cardiovascular ailments;
- Sugar-reducing – vegetable protein in the beans creates a certain microflora in the intestines, which promotes a sharp jump in insulin in the blood;
- Antibacterial and wound healing – antioxidants prevent the development of infectious agents.
This species of this plant, a family of legumes, is known to a few, but it is very popular in the East, in another way it is also called golden beans or mung beans.
In particular, its useful properties for women's health are noted, but, nevertheless, for the male organism it also has beneficial effects on many criteria.
Mash contains a variety of minerals and vitamins, which have the following beneficial effects on the human body:
- Stabilizes the state of the nervous system, helps to cope with stress;
- improves memory and has a beneficial effect on the development of intelligence;
- strengthens the joints, in particular struggles with the symptoms of arthritis, improves the functioning of the visual system and kidneys;
- hinders the development of asthma and allergic reactions;
- strengthens the elasticity of blood vessels, prevents the formation of blood clots, maintains blood pressure in the norm;
- counteracts infectious and inflammatory diseases: tracheitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, sinusitis, rhinitis and others;
- has a wound-healing effect in topical application.
The nanocoenzyma, which is part of the beans, will help to protect and restore the cellular structure of the skin from negative factors of the environment.
Lima beans, according to the Institute of Medicine (IOM) specialists, contain a special type of dietary fiber that can significantly reduce cholesterol.
Experts recommend that it be used by people aged 25-50 years.
- The molybdenum contained in it helps to remove harmful toxins from the body, and niacin balances the normal work of the heart and blood vessels;
- Folate and thiamine, which are part of the lima beans, are actively involved in the processes of metabolism and hematopoiesis;
- This legume is an excellent source of calcium (strengthening joints and preventing osteoporosis), iron (a key component of hemoglobin) and manganese (an activator of enzymes).
To summarize, bean lima also has beneficial properties for the body.
By the way, canned beans will also retain their useful properties, so do not be afraid to close these wonderful beans.
Contraindications and possible harm
This legume culture has a lot of useful properties, but also do not forget about existing contraindications.
- Do not use the seeds of this plant in its raw form! Because it contains toxins that are harmful to the body and which are destroyed only after heat treatment;
- This product enhances the formation of gas, there is bloating. These symptoms are easily corrected if the beans are pre-soaked for 6-8 hours in water;
- Persons with high acidity should take with beans with special care, as well as elderly people due to the inability to properly digest food.
Beans are contraindicated in people who have the following diseases:
In order to minimize the negative effects of taking this product, it is worth using more liquid.
It will help to cope with the organs of the gastrointestinal tract with an excessive amount of supplied fiber.