Bench press lying on a bench with a negative slope
Bench press lying on a bench with a negative slope – the technique of doing the exercise:
- Lie down on an incline bench as shown in the picture.
- Take the bar with an average grip (so that during the movement between the shoulder and forearm an angle of 90 degrees is created) and lift it above yourself. This will be your starting position. Hands should be perpendicular to the floor. Tip: During the exercise, use the help of a partner.
- On inhalation slowly lower the bar until the neck touches the bottom of your chest.
- After a short pause, on exhalation, return the bar to its original position. Try to squeeze the bar using the pectoral muscles. Fix your arms above, strain your chest, after a second pause, start moving down again. Hint: Ideally, the downward movement should take twice as long as moving up.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
- Return the bar to the stand.
Attention: if you are doing this exercise for the first time, use the help of a partner who insures you. If this is not possible, use light weight.
Also make sure that the bar of the bar touches the bottom of the chest. Avoid fluctuating the bar, carefully monitor its movement.
Variations: To perform this exercise, you can also use a dumbbell or an expander.