Bench press lying on a bench with a positive slope
Bench press lying on the bench with a positive slope – technique of the exercise:
- Lie down on an incline bench. Take the bar with an average grip (so that during the movement between the shoulder and forearm an angle of 90 degrees was created) and lift it above the chest. This will be your starting position.
- On inhalation slowly lower the bar until the neck touches the top of the chest.
- After a short pause, on exhalation, return the bar to its original position. Try to squeeze the bar using the pectoral muscles. Fix your arms above, strain your chest, after a second pause, start moving down again. Hint: Ideally, the downward movement should take twice as long as moving up.
- Carry out the necessary number of repetitions.
- Return the bar to the stand.
Attention: if you are doing this exercise for the first time, use the help of a partner who insures you. If this is not possible, use light weight.
Also, make sure that the bar of the bar touches the top of the chest exactly. Avoid fluctuating the bar, carefully monitor its movement.
Variations of the exercise: you can use different angles of inclination of the bench.