Bench press standing from the chest, from behind the head, to the chin: technique of execution
The most effective exercises for a set of muscle mass are basic, when at least 2x-3 muscle groups are included in the work. Energy costs of the body are very high, in relation to the isolation exercises, which means that much more will be released in the body as well as testosterone.
It should be borne in mind that all basic exercises must be carried out on a very strict and specific technique, otherwise it can lead to injuries, especially among beginners, because the muscles of the stabilizers of the trunk and the muscles of the back have not grown stronger.
Standing bar press is one of the most important exercises for the development of a powerful shoulder girdle. Once he was included in the program of the Olympic Games, showing an assessment of the strength of the upper body of the athlete. Many athletes are acknowledged that it is the bar presses that will help to make excellent deltoid muscles. The wiring is of course also good, but it's still not a basic exercise, they should be done after the bar press is standing or sitting. These exercises should be performed after a good workout. The shoulder joint is very prone to overloads and injuries, so before the barbells press it is necessary to stretch the delta with dumbbells.
This exercise requires a very high dedication, only then it will make sense, it should be performed well by warming up, and also warming up the shoulder joint. Start the exercise best by gradually increasing the weight, that is, the pyramid.
It is also important to have a good stretch and flexibility of the shoulder joint, otherwise the exercise will be performed incorrectly, then the deltas will have to be worked out by other exercises, without forgetting also to train the flexibility of the joint.
What muscles are included in the bench press
- Pressing the bar while standing helps to build up the shoulder girdle.
- The average beams of deltas are especially well worked out, but it is possible to emphasize the load on the front beams if you direct your elbows forward while performing the bench press.
- The posterior deltoid bundle is also partly included in the pressures. Since the elbows move from the maximally low position maximally upwards, this creates all the conditions for the total elaboration of the deltoid muscle group.
- As the shoulder belt is raised, trapezoidal muscles are included in the work, the triceps of the hands respond to the extension of the elbow for the extension of the elbow.
- The back is the main stabilizer in this exercise.
- The top of the pectoral muscle helps the elbows to rise to the level of deltas.
- Work also forearms, helping to hold the bar above your head, and then lower it.
- Also an indirect role is played by the shin, gluteal and thigh muscles, as well as by the press.
- The load on the triceps is very significant, since the moment of maximum contraction at the top and the moment of complete stretching coincide. Thanks to this, not only the deltoid get a good study, but also the triceps arm muscle.
The participation of so many large muscle groups leads to the fact that the standing presses involve almost the entire body of the athlete, which means that they have a very strong effect on metabolism.
When performing muscle stabilizer exercises – the lumbar muscle of the back and the abdominal press, should be in constant static tension, because in another version you can be injured. It is also necessary to take a stable position of the legs and gluteus muscles.
- The barbell needs to be slightly wider than the deltas and, straightening the body and straining the muscles of the back and the press, it is necessary to take the bar on the chest.
- The legs are located at a level slightly wider than the shoulders, so that you can raise the knees slightly to increase stability.
- After that, the neck hardly touches the upper part of the pectoral muscles, the back is straightened and bent in the lumbar region, the shoulders should not be compressed, but on the contrary it is necessary to straighten them, the chest tends forward.
- After this, inhale and, holding your breath, squeeze the bar up.
- After that, it was fixed at the highest point and, exhaling, slowly lowered the rod to its original position.
Remember – the most important thing here is not so much to raise, how many correctly to lower the projectile. Muscles grow in the negative phase, which means that you need to lower the bar about 3 times slower than we press it. We must always control this moment, because among the newcomers this error is repeated almost in 90%.
With a lot of weight, we need cushioning with our feet, that is, when lifting, we sit down, as it were, in our lap, and then get up when the bar is almost at the top, bringing it to the final upper limit. This technique is absolutely not suitable for beginners and is suitable only for experienced athletes, because in any case, a very heavy bar can not be shaken cleanly, so shvung (swing), which is still not going to happen. But this is also not so scary, because the main thing here is again – the negative phase, the main thing is to slowly lower the neck to the chest, feeling at the same time how your deltoid muscles work.
It is generally accepted to perform this exercise for people with good flexibility of the shoulder joint. Very traumatic exercise and with a lot of weight it is not recommended at all. The exercise itself is anatomically wrong, it is not advised to do it for beginners.
The main load falls on the front delta, although many believe that the rear is working more. In general, as a result of this exercise, there is a great chance of injuring tendons and shoulder joints, so you should not abuse it.
- The bar should be placed on vertical racks, come under it, as with squats and gently place it just below the neck.
- The back is strained, the head looks straight.
- Shvunga can not be anything here, so carefully approach the choice of weight.
- Lower the bar should be brought to about eye level and perform it very slowly and smoothly, as well as lifting.
- The elbows are in no way forward, but are strictly labeled.
- The upper point is also fixed for a few seconds, and after it is lowered.
Perform the exercise very smoothly and carefully. If you feel a bad pain in the shoulder joint, then it is better to abandon this exercise and replace it with something alternative.
- It is necessary to stand in front of the counter, on which there is a bar at the level of the shoulder girdle.
- Take the projectile so that the brush is not too broken back.
- The legs are about a little further to the shoulder level, the socks can be slightly diluted to the sides, for greater stability.
- The bar should lie on the bulging chest.
- The back in the lumbar region is slightly bent, but not too hard not to overload.
- A very high load falls on the lumbar region of the back, so the choice of weight should also be carefully thought out.
- Taking a deep breath, we lift the bar strictly up, breathing lingers.
- After this, the rod is fixed at the top for a few seconds.
- It is necessary to feel how the deltoid muscles work and slowly, about 3 times slower than the lifting to lower it to its original position.
It is very important to understand the exercise, to understand the lowering of the bar – then you can understand the whole essence of this very useful exercise.
Thrust rod to the chin standing – this is one of the basic exercises. Not only deltoid muscles work, but especially medium beams, but also trapezius muscles.
- The grief is taken by the grip from above slightly narrower than the width of the shoulder girdle.
- Straight stand, straightened deltoid muscles, protruding chest.
- Taking a breath, raise the projectile elbows vertically upwards.
- The first is always the elbows, not the forearms, which is also a common mistake.
- The bar rises to the level of your chin, then fixed for a few seconds, and then descends as slowly as possible, while breathing out the air.
You should perform the exercise slowly and technically. Raising your elbows not to the side, but forward, you focus on the front beams of the deltas and the trapezium. Strongly narrow grip will force the elbows to move forward, which means it will remove a significant part of the load from the average bundles of your deltas. Also, a lot of weight is often a mistake when doing this exercise. It breaks all technicality and leads to poor muscle development.
Thrust rod to the chin standing can also be performed in the Smith machine (bodybuilding simulator). Do it best with one hand! Because the trapezius muscles are turned off, the amplitude of the working path increases, that is, the movement becomes more free and it is possible to work out the deltoid muscles much more zealously.
French bench press with a barbell
Although the French press standing with the bar is isolated (it works for a certain group of muscles), it is still a very good helper in the development of the triceps force and the elaboration of its three beams. He will also help in bench presses, bench press, perfectly emphasize the triceps brachium muscle. Compared with the French bench press, standing press allows you to load triceps during the whole exercise, without any rest point.
- We take the bar, the EZ-neck (curved neck) is best equipped with a narrow grip and fix it above the head.
- The legs are about shoulder level.
- Inhaling, slowly lower the bar by the head, fixing below for a few seconds.
You can not use any cheating (improper execution), as well as dilute the elbows of the side. You should also pay attention to the correct technique and do not chase the scales in this exercise. It is suitable for the final trimming of the triceps and is performed, for example, after the presses with a narrow grip or push-ups on the uneven bars. It is most convenient to do the French press sitting on a bench with an upper slope.
What kind of bench press is better: standing or sitting?
It is impossible to unequivocally answer this question. If we press the bar standing, then the load is removed from the lumbar region, because we are stabilized also by the muscles of the legs, gluteus muscles. In presses sitting very much the load on the lumbar region, but the exercises can be performed only very technically and without cheating and shvunga. Thus, sitting there is a great work of the muscles of the shoulder girdle.
Also standing you can take more weight, again due to the damping of the legs and gluteal muscles, sitting large weights is quite traumatic. Performing a bench press, it is also safe to throw the bar slightly forward, if something suddenly went wrong. With bench presses, this is much harder to do.
Technique of performance and advice regarding the bench press standing you will find in the following video:
Summing up, it can be said that lifting the bar is a basic and very useful exercise for bombarding deltoid muscles. Thanks to these exercises, the total amount of musculature will increase. Before performing such exercises it is necessary to consult a doctor, especially those who have back and spinal injuries.
Do all these exercises you need without throwing the bar. Also it is necessary to do fixing at the extreme point. You can use dumbbells instead of barbells, as they will help give a greater amplitude for elaborating deltoid muscles. There is an excellent option to "finish off" the delta – this is to do several repetitions of dumbbell presses alternately in each hand immediately after the barbell presses.
In general, the bench press exercise is rather complicated, good muscular coordination is needed. It is necessary to learn how to feel the work of deltoid muscles, only then this exercise will be the most effective for you. To set muscle mass of the shoulder girdle – this is exercise number one!
As for the sitting presses, there is a big load on the lumbar region of the back, there is no cushioning of the legs, which means that it is impossible to take large weights, the total muscle mass will not be recruited as effectively as when standing, however, there will be a more detailed elaboration of the deltoid muscles, and buttocks. The best thing is to include a variety of exercises in different training periods, constantly shock and surprise the muscles.
Any bench presses will make the shoulders strong, bulging and bulky. This is one of the most basic exercises after bench press, squats and deadlifts.
Bench press (army bench press) is designed for the development of the shoulder girdle and in particular for the front and middle deltas, and the bench press for the middle and rear deltas. This is a great exercise!
Slacker diets here are given, I was hoping to find here something like abc, ad and similar diets From the summer I.
A good drug, most importantly – do not overdo it with a dosage, which seems to have been a couple of times.
Hey. I even did not know that there are such drugs for slimming, and it's very good to make them in syrups, pills, tablets.
And women also 3-4 times a week doing exercises?