Bulbite is an inflammation of the bulb of the duodenum. Pathology often occurs with duodenitis (inflammatory process in the duodenum) and gastritis (lesion of the gastric mucosa), so it requires drug treatment and dietary intake. Diet in bulbite allows you to eliminate unpleasant symptoms, reduce the frequency of relapses and improve the prognosis of the disease.
The menu of therapeutic dietary nutrition should be made under the supervision of a gastroenterologist or nutritionist. However, there are general rules for compiling a curative diet. They are widely used in the period of exacerbation and remission of most diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Features of the regime of therapeutic nutrition:
- one meal – 1-2 dishes;
- fractional food up to 7 once a day;
- use only fresh natural products;
- food should be moderate temperature, puree consistency;
- it is useful to eat heavily overcooked porridges and soups;
- Daily intake of salt should not exceed 8 g, sugar – 50;
- per day the patient should drink a minimum of 1 L of milk;
- for 30 minutes before meals, it is recommended to take 50-70 g of olive oil to normalize the stomach;
- For the day you can only use 1 croup;
- it is useful to eat grated compotes, jelly, jelly;
- The use of bread and other flour products is prohibited;
- food should be boiled, stewed or steamed;
- Fish and meat of low-fat varieties are allowed only in the form of soufflé.
Gastroenterologists recommend more time to walk outdoors, increase physical activity, normalize weight, abandon bad habits (taking alcohol and smoking). It is important to observe a normal mode of work and rest, get enough sleep at night, and avoid stressful situations.
Features of the diet with exacerbation of bulbitis
In acute inflammation of the duodenum, a strict diet is required during the first week after exacerbation. In the first few days, a therapeutic starvation or a sharp decrease in caloric value is shown. Food should be liquid: jelly, mashed potatoes, broth of wild rose. On the 3-4 diet day, you can enter the following products:
- omelet steamed, or eggs boiled soft-boiled;
- Vegetarian soups-mashed potatoes, in which you can add grits and a small amount of butter for refueling;
- mucous porridges (semolina, oatmeal, rice);
- boiled, or cooked in a double boiler meat or fish in the form of puree or souffle;
- milk, oatmeal;
- puree from potatoes, carrots, zucchini;
- baked apple or pumpkin;
- cocoa on milk.
For the second week, if you improve your well-being, the diet can be extended. The following products are allowed:
- breadcrumbs or stale bread;
- porridges that are cooked on water with the addition of a small amount of butter or milk;
- cottage cheese, the fat content of which does not exceed 5%;
- low-fat sour cream;
- Cutlets from chicken or pork without the addition of fat;
- vegetables: squash, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, pumpkin. They can be boiled or baked in the oven;
- vermicelli from durum wheat;
- boiled fish and meat;
- mild cheeses;
- boiled ham;
- mashed potatoes, fruit and vegetable juices.
Dietary food in remission
With a chronic bulbite, the diet involves some relief. The mass of the daily diet should not exceed 3 kg, and the caloric value – 2800 kcal (100 g protein, 90 g fat and 400 g carbohydrates). The menu should be composed of those products that do not have an irritant effect on the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract. The food must be freshly prepared, the use of semi-finished products is prohibited. You can use a small amount of sweets: caramel, marmalade, pastille.
It is important to drink a sufficient amount of fluid – a minimum of 1,5 L per day. This will help normalize metabolic processes in the body, will help eliminate toxins.
What products should be excluded?
In the case of the Bulbet diet, the following products are restricted:
- Soups with the use of rich meat, mushroom and fish broths;
- Fresh pastries and bread;
- chocolate and products based on it;
- ice cream;
- cabbage in any form, spinach, sorrel, lettuce;
- mayonnaise, hot sauces, ketchup;
- coffee and strong tea;
- fresh vegetables and fruits;
- grape juice;
- onion and garlic;
- canned and smoked products;
- fried, hot and fatty foods;
The right diet will help to significantly ease the condition and get rid of unpleasant symptoms.
Approximate menu with bulbite
Each patient should be prescribed a diet only by the attending physician. Adhere to dietary nutrition is necessary for 7-12 months after the onset of symptoms of exacerbation. In some cases, patients have been following a diet for many years.
Sample menu for exacerbating bulbit:
- Breakfast. Omelette, which is steamed, minced meat, loose tea with the addition of a small amount of boiled milk.
- Lunch. 250 ml of boiled milk, carrot puree.
- Dinner. Broth from the hips.
- Second dinner. Rice soup, mashed potatoes and boiled fish, jelly or mashed potatoes.
- Snack. Incomplete tea with 2-3 crackers.
- Dinner. Tea with milk, lazy vareniki with low-fat sour cream, soft-boiled egg.
- The second dinner. 250 ml of milk or kefir.
In the remission phase, the diet can be slightly varied:
- Breakfast. Milk porridge with banana, not strong tea with cracker.
- Lunch. 250 ml of fruit juice, meat cutlet, cooked in a double boiler, mashed potatoes.
- Dinner. Milk whether fruit jelly.
- Second dinner. Vermicelli soup-puree, steamed fish, puree from boiled carrots and potatoes, pumpkin juice.
- Snack. 250 ml of milk with sweet croutons.
- Dinner. Boiled chicken breast with buckwheat garnish, compote of dried fruits.
- The second dinner. 250 ml of natural yogurt, kefir, milk or 50 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
The described dietary nutrition will help to cure the intestines and stomach in the early stages of development of pathology. In neglected forms, complex therapy is shown, in which the diet is supplemented by medicine.