Diabetes mellitus 1 type – an insulin-dependent disease, diagnosed with the inability of the pancreas to produce insulin.
Diet for diabetes
Compliance with a particular diet is one of the basic components of diabetes management, which gives a person the opportunity to lead a normal life.
The diet with 1 diabetes involves limiting the amount of carbohydrates, including in the diet ingredients that ensure the optimal functioning of organ systems.
So, with concomitant obesity, food should be enriched with a large number of root crops with a minimum content of calories. When the liver suffers – in the meals limit the extractive substances, include oatmeal, soy, lean cottage cheese. The defeat of the cardiovascular system dictates for the patient the need to change the amount of salt.
What is Diabetes Diet?
Previously, people suffering from diabetes 1 type, prescribed a rigid diet. Now scientists have developed a special methodology for counting "bread units". Thanks to her, you can eat a variety of products, beforehand paying off their sugar-boosting effect with a certain dose of insulin.
Adhering to this power system, it is important to follow the 5 basic rules:
1. For one meal it is allowed to eat up to 8 HE, or better 4-5 HE.
2. Prohibited to eat fast-digesting carbohydrates.
3. Not recommended ingredients, the calculation of XE in which causes difficulty.
4. Observance of strict daily routine in the diet.
5. Properly selected physical activity.
Diet with 1 diabetes mellitus
For those who do not want to constantly weigh each portion, look for the amount of XE in the table and calculate the necessary dose of insulin, experts advise adhering to the following restrictions:
1. Remove from the diet products made from butter and puff pastry, pasta, semolina. To use, other types of cereals (in small quantities), bran, rye, and wheat bakery products are allowed.
2. Ensure that all the necessary trace elements are supplied to the body. Recommended to eat lean fish, meat, broths, soups. The only exception is canned, sausage products, salted fish and smoked meat.
3. Give preference to the following root crops: eggplant, pumpkin, zucchini, tomatoes, fresh cucumbers. Limit the use of green peas, carrots, beets, corn, potatoes.
4. Ingredients containing simple carbohydrates should be completely eliminated. Sometimes allowed to pamper yourself with cream ice cream, orange, apple.
5. To eat dairy low-fat products it is supposed practically without restrictions. Cream and sour cream – strictly dosed, sweet curd mass and glazed curds – completely eliminated.
6. For those who can not live without sweet, modern food stores offer a large selection of products created on the basis of safe sweeteners. Accordingly, you can please yourself at any time and not be afraid for your health.
Diet (table) in diabetes mellitus: principles
- uniform distribution of food nutrition by basic meals;
- consumption of special substances for sweetening dishes;
- regular, frequent meals (from 4-5 once a day);
- nutritional control of dishes with the use of a table;
- variety of consumed products;
- constant control of sugar in the body;
- inclusion in the diet of ingredients saturated with vitamins;
- The main carbohydrate load should be distributed in the first half of the day;
- consumption of the minimum amount of liquid up to 1,2 l.
Diabetes mellitus 1 type: diet
Nutrition in the first type of diabetes suggests an increased amount of protein. This rule is especially important for people with trophic disorders in the limbs, infectious complications.
If there are concomitant diseases from the digestive tract, it is necessary to limit the intake of products that stimulate increased secretion of enzymes.
Diabetes Diet: The Menu
- unsweetened and not strong tea, coffee;
- dietary bread varieties;
- low-fat dairy;
- unsweetened drinks, mineral water, fruit drinks, compotes from dried fruits;
- oatmeal, rice porridge;
- berries, cherries, plums, pears, apples, lemons, oranges;
- zucchini, onions, peppers, carrots, beets;
- lean fish;
- dietary sausage products, lean meat.
- flour products;
- semi-finished products;
- sour, smoked, spicy foods;
- fried, fatty meat;
- fatty soups, broths;
- alcohol (especially sweet red wine);
- sweet fruits (grapes);
- For cooking, use the grill, braising, boiling, baking.
- To avoid hypoglycemic coma at increased physical exertion, calculate the desired amount of food consumed.
- Do not focus on protein foods.
- Add to the diet products of vegetable origin, reducing glucose in the blood (tinctures, decoctions).