Diet after removal of hemorrhoids surgically
Important diet is for hemorrhoids, because in most cases, the main causes of the appearance of this disease is malnutrition, and, consequently, disruption of the bowels.
Many people are at risk. In addition, a sedentary and sedentary lifestyle, overweight, and bad habits aggravate the situation. Alas, but often the first symptoms of hemorrhoids are ignored. This delicate problem is tried to solve independently with the help of ointments or candles. But as a result, the disease reaches the final stage and it is necessary to lay down under the knife.
The operation to remove hemorrhoids is an extreme remedy, getting rid of the constant acute pain and discomfort. To prevent the disease from returning, special attention should be given to the diet after removal of hemorrhoids.
Diet after an operation to remove hemorrhoids
Diet after removal of hemorrhoids is one of the ways to rehabilitate and prevent the appearance of the disease again. The first day is better to refrain from taking any food, so as not to cause injury to fresh seams when going to the toilet. On the second day, you can start eating, but it is important to follow the rules that require a diet after removing hemorrhoids surgically, as well as give up products that cause bloating and the process of fermentation.
Proper nutrition in the postoperative period is important. Since constipation can lead to injury to stitches, and a breakdown – to the appearance of inflammation and infection. Be sure to consult with your doctor and choose a menu for a diet.
Diet after removal of hemorrhoids: eating rules
Doctors recommend not only a diet, but also certain rules for eating.
- Rule 1. More vitamins and minerals. Removal of hemorrhoids surgically, like any other surgery, is a stress for the body. A quicker return of the physical and psychological balance will help the correct and balanced diet. In spite of the fact that the diet after removal of a hemorrhoids has the features and restrictions, nevertheless it is necessary to try to provide an organism with all necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Rule 2. Eat often and in small portions. Do not overload your stomach. It is better to eat small portions every 2-2,5 hours. It is also important to follow the diet and eat at the same time.
- Rule 3. Choose light foods. The first time, so as not to irritate the postoperative wounds, you need to give up heavy food, as well as from foods that cause flatulence. Also, food should not be too hot or cold.
- Rule 4. Individual selection of products. Choose food that helps you make regular visits to the toilet. In addition, drink plenty of liquid (at least two liters per day). It can be like ordinary water, and compotes of dried fruits. It is known that water helps to soften fecal masses, thereby preventing constipation and facilitating defecation.
What kind of diet after a hemorrhoid operation?
Diet after removal of hemorrhoids surgically, at first, very strict. Doctors recommend a special emphasis on using:
- Loose cereals (millet, buckwheat). Such porridges are nutritious and easy for the stomach and intestines.
- Bread of wholemeal flour, which is rich in vitamins necessary for recovery from surgery, and also does not complicate the process of digestion.
- Sour-milk products that will help to improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Protein food: chicken meat, fish, veal. Such products need to be introduced gradually and in small portions.
- Vegetables and fruits (but not all!). During the rehabilitation period it is better to eat carrots, pumpkin, beets, lettuce and other vegetables that have a thin fiber. Vegetables must be processed. To eat them raw, you need to be careful. Of fruits, it is better to give preference to bananas and kiwis. An excellent option will be dried fruits.
The first months after the operation, you need to exclude legumes, cabbage, radish, citrus fruits, fresh bread and pastries, strong tea, coffee, fatty meats, carbonated drinks and other products that can cause gravity and excessive gas formation. A strict diet should be held no more than a month. Then you can expand your diet and add other products. A special diet should be adhered to not only in the postoperative period, but also in the future. After all, a diet with hemorrhoids will help to avoid relapse, and also to adjust the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
Remember that the right diet after the operation to remove hemorrhoids helps fast healing and recovery.