Stroke is a serious and dangerous disease caused by impaired cerebral circulation in an acute form and accompanied by loss of consciousness, and in some cases, paralysis. According to statistics, about 80% of people who have had a stroke, remain disabled for life. Stroke ranks second in terms of mortality in the world after heart disease.
The causes of the stroke include: hypertension, atherosclerosis, myocarditis, and myocardial infarction. Provoke the development of the disease and frequent stress, smoking, alcohol abuse, obesity. Restoration of the body after a long stroke. In addition to drug treatment, an important role in the rehabilitation process is played by the diet 10 table, developed by M.I. Pevzner.
Diet 10 table for Pevzner when appointed?
Diet The 10 table for Pevzner is prescribed for both prophylaxis and after a stroke. At the first symptoms of a stroke: dizziness, numbness of the hand and cheek, darkening in the eyes, headache, vomiting, convulsions, fever, you should immediately consult a doctor. After a complete examination and the prescribed course of treatment, it is necessary to start the patient to follow the diet Table 10.
Diet after a major stroke is the use of dishes in liquid form (broths, kissels, fruit and vegetable purees, liquid cereals, milk and dairy products), even if it is possible to feed the patient without using a probe.
Diet after stroke of ischemic is a strict restriction in the diet of fats of animal origin. Animal fats raise the level of cholesterol in the blood and provoke the occurrence of cholesterol plaques, which in turn are the main cause of ischemic circulatory disorders.
Diet after a stroke of hemorrhagic is the exclusion or restriction of animal fats and salt. The elimination of salt affects the reduction in pressure. With hemorrhagic stroke, maintaining normal blood pressure is very important, as it can lead to a re-hemorrhage. In the diet must necessarily include products containing magnesium and potassium.
Diet after a stroke of the brain It is also aimed at weight loss, which is especially important for people suffering from diabetes. Weight loss has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. It is known that the more slender the person, the less he is at risk of a stroke. In addition to the treatment and diet of the 10 Table, moderate exercise and outdoor exercise are helpful.
The essence of the diet after a stroke
Diet 10 table for Pevzner after a stroke is aimed at optimizing the recovery of health and preventing relapse. It is both a curative and preventative measure, based on proper nutrition.
Diet 10 table for Pevzner – basic rules:
- Meals should be varied. The diet should be rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and all the necessary nutrients for normal life.
- The food should be a fraction. Eat should be at least 4 once a day, but in small portions.
- Last meal with a diet Table 10 after a stroke should be easy and at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- In diet diet 10 Table imposed restrictions on animal fats (reduced at least twice), salt (no more than 5 g per day), sugar (no more than 50 g per day).
- The amount of food consumed per day should not exceed 2 kilograms according to the diet 10 table for Pevzner after a stroke.
- Daily it is necessary to drink about 1 liters of still water.
Permitted and Prohibited Products
Diet after stroke – approved foods:
- Veal, rabbit, chicken, turkey (boiled or baked with a diet Table 10);
- Vegetarian soups;
- Low-fat varieties of fish (in boiled or baked form);
- Low-fat dairy and sour-milk products (butter not more than 20 gr per day);
- Eggs (no more than 1 eggs per day, protein in unlimited quantities);
- Cereals and cereals (unpolished rice, buckwheat, oats, millet);
- Bread from a flour of a rough grinding (rye, whole-grain);
- Crackers, an unhealthy cookie;
- Pasta (in limited quantities);
- Potatoes (boiled, baked, occasionally stewed);
- Cabbage, carrots, beets, eggplants, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes;
- Onions, garlic, horseradish, greens;
- Apricots, bananas, dried apricots, citrus fruits;
- Berries and dried fruits;
- Jelly, puddings, marmalade;
- Unsweetened compotes, fruit drinks, jelly;
- Incomplete tea, decoctions of herbs and berries.
Diet after a stroke – Prohibited foods:
- Pork, smoked and fried meat;
- Bird skin;
- All kinds of sausages, especially salami with a diet Table 10;
- Fatty varieties of fish;
- Smoked and fried fish;
- Fatty milk and sour-milk products (cream, sour cream, condensed milk);
- Good and fresh pastries;
- Legumes (beans, peas, lentils);
- Fried potatoes and chips;
- Brew, turnip, radish;
- Sorrel and spinach;
- Desserts and sweets (ice cream, chocolate, sweets);
- Filled broth;
- Carbonated drinks;
- Sweet fruit drinks, juices and nectars;
- Freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices;
- Strong coffee and tea.
Diet after a stroke Table 10 – menu for a week (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner):
- Oatmeal porridge with dried apricots;
- Lenten borsch. 2 a piece of rye bread;
- A glass of yogurt. Cracker;
- Mashed potatoes. Boiled beef. Cabbage salad.
- Rice porridge on milk with raisins;
- Beetroot. 2 a piece of whole grain bread;
- A glass of tomato juice;
- Buckwheat. Boiled chicken fillet. Salad of cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Buckwheat porridge with apple;
- Okroshka. 2 a piece of bran bread;
- 2 apricot;
- Baked hake. Vegetable stew.
- Millet porridge with prunes;
- Rice soup. 2 a piece of whole grain bread;
- A glass of ryazhenka. Galette cookies;
- Roast from a rabbit with vegetables.
- Muesli with dried fruits;
- Green soup. 2 a piece of rye bread;
- A glass of yogurt. 2 cracker;
- Baked flounder. Squash Cavier.
- Omelet from 1 eggs and 1 protein per pair;
- Milk soup with croutons;
- A glass of orange juice;
- Boiled turkey fillet. Puree from eggplant.
- Low-fat cottage cheese, dressed with natural yogurt with greens;
- Vegetable soup. 2 a piece of whole grain bread;
- Baked cod. Salad from grated carrots.
In breaks between meals during a diet Table 10 on Pevzner after a stroke you can drink a cup of unsweetened tea, decoction of rose hips, a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Milk 500 ml;
- Small vermicelli 50 gr;
- Butter cream 10 gr;
- Sugar 20 gr.
- Milk pour into a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce the gas, add sugar.
- In boiling milk to throw vermicelli, mix.
- Boil the milk soup over low heat for 15 minutes until cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, sprinkle the soup with butter.
Light and hearty milk soup can be included in your diet for breakfast or lunch with a diet Table 10 after a stroke.
- Black cabbage 0,5 cabbage;
- Onions 1 pcs;
- Carrots 1 pcs;
- Greens to taste;
- Vegetable oil 2 st.l.
- Carrots and onion peel.
- Vegetables and greens rinse, dry.
- Cut cabbage, grate carrots on a large grater, cut onions into half rings, chop the greens.
- Mix all vegetables in a separate container, mix, season with vegetable oil.
A delicious salad of cabbage will enrich the body with vitamins while following a diet after a stroke.
- Flounder cleaned from the entrails and scales, washed, dried.
- Sprinkle the fish with half a lemon juice, add salt, leave to marinate for an hour.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil for baking. Lubricate the foil with vegetable oil, lay on her flounder, wrap the edges.
- Bake flounder in a preheated 180 oven for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove the fish from the foil, put it in a dish, decorate it with lemon slices.
You'll enjoy a refined baked flatfish while observing a medical diet. Table 10 after a stroke.
- Cabbage 0,5 cabbage;
- Potatoes 2 pcs;
- Onions 1 pcs;
- Carrots 1 pcs;
- Greens to taste;
- Vegetable oil 2 item;
- Salt 2 gr;
- Rinse cabbage, chop, put into a saucepan, add water, bring to a boil and cook over low heat.
- Carrots, beets and onion peel. Onion cut into cubes, carrots and beets grate.
- On a frying pan heated with vegetable oil, fry the onion until golden, add carrots to it, stew for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add to the onion and carrot beets, stew for 5 minutes. Vegetable gravy to send in a saucepan to cabbage.
- Peel potatoes, cut into small cubes. Send the pan to the vegetables. Add salt water.
- Cook borscht 20 minutes until the vegetables are ready.
- Before serving, decorate with chopped herbs.
Lenten soup is recommended to include in your diet with a diet Table 10 on Pevzner after a stroke.
Millet porridge with prunes
Millet porridge with prunes
- Prune the rasher, transfer to a saucepan, pour in 300 ml of water. Boil 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Cool the prunes, remove the stones, chop.
- Millet to sort, rinse, pour 400 ml of water. Cook over low heat until all the liquid is evaporated.
- Transfer the millet porridge to the baking pan, put the prunes on top.
Bake in an oven heated to 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
Turn on the diet menu 10 table after a stroke of millet porridge with prunes for breakfast.