Diet after stroke
Proper diet after stroke is a key moment for the recovery of the entire body. Then all internal organs, intestines, gallbladder, liver, kidneys, spleen, a genital sphere will function effectively. And when the body is ready to fight, he has a strong immune system, then the recovery period is less painful.
The recovery period after a stroke is severe and serious, and one of the fundamental roles in it is played by a balanced and balanced diet. What should be a diet after stroke at home? Details of the composition and diet.
The basic principles of making menu after a stroke
For cooking, it is important to use sunflower, rapeseed, olive and soybean oil. A huge amount of seafood and fish, contra-indicated shrimp, and caviar. A portion of lean meat per day should not exceed – 120
It should be abandoned any bakery products, it is better to eat black bread from whole grains, oat bran, corn flour. Eat more vegetables and fruits of natural growth (if possible).
With a diet after an ischemic stroke, the best drink will be purified water, as well as green tea without sugar and compotes. Alcohol after a stroke is strictly prohibited in any doses!
Sample menu for diet after stroke
- Breakfast: a glass of milk with honey, two pieces of rye bread.
- To snack, you can eat a green salad with a slice of black bread, drink a glass of slightly boiled tea.
- Lunch: Soup with vegetables on beef broth, mashed potatoes, fruit salad with lemon wedges.
- Have dinner two tomatoes, a slice of black bread smeared butter and sprinkled with dill. A glass of low-fat kefir.
After a stroke a person’s taste changes, so you can not refuse to eat, even if it’s forbidden foods.
The main thing is there is little, 5-6 once a day, eat soup-puree, drink plenty of liquid. Do not eat too cold or hot food. You should also drink a full vitamin course.
Adhering to a diet after an ischemic stroke at home, it is important to reduce the amount of salt in the diet, it promotes fluid retention and increases blood pressure, and puts stress on the vessels of the brain. Instead of it, it is possible to put in dishes grasses and spices which do not contain salt.
Diet after ischemic stroke
The diet after a stroke for each day should contain a restriction of animal fats after all these components are capable to provoke a microinsult and a stroke. A valid menu is as follows:
- Breakfast – oatmeal, dried fruits, not strong tea.
- Lunch – light salad with herbs, a piece of black bread.
- Dinner – soup with lean meat or fish, mashed potatoes and fruit salad.
- Afternoon snack – low-calorie cottage cheese.
- Dinner – boiled chicken and a portion of buckwheat porridge, a glass of compote.
Such a diet patient after a stroke will allow him to quickly restore life forces and be rehabilitated after the illness. It is important not to include canned food from the store, semi-finished products, ready-made sauces, soups, and when looking for products, look at the packaging to control the sodium level, the main source of table salt.
A healthy balanced diet and a measured lifestyle – an excellent prevention of all diseases!