Cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure during which the gallbladder is removed. This is the most effective way to treat polyps, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis. Surgical intervention is prescribed if the diet and ultrasound treatments have not yielded results. Also, the operation has contraindications: heart, kidney, lung and liver diseases.
Cholecystectomy is performed through a large incision in the anterior part of the abdominal wall, under general anesthesia. In this case, the gallbladder is completely removed, the vessels are bandaged, the site of the incision is cleaned, and then sutured. The operated patient is in a medical facility from 10 days to the crescent, with a good outcome is restored within a month.
If to speak about more sparing method that it is a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. The operation takes place through a puncture size of 1 cm in the abdominal wall area with the appropriate instrument. The whole process can be observed through the monitor. Postoperative punctures are almost invisible. The patient is discharged after 3 or 5 days, the recovery of the organism occurs during the crescent.
Is it necessary to remove the gallbladder
People who suffer from cholelithiasis are divided into several groups: patients with biliary colic and acute cholecystitis, patients with stones that do not create discomfort.
At the present time, surgeons are objective in the opinion that people with an asymptomatic course of the disease and the presence of a medium-sized stone should not remove the gallbladder. The risk of complications due to 1-2 stones is very low, therefore patients are recommended regular ultrasound (ultrasound) procedure of the abdominal cavity. It is important to adhere to proper nutrition and lifestyle.
If the stone is in the gall bladder for many years, then chronic cholecystitis can develop, as well as liver disease, pancreas, or gallbladder cancer. In the case of the asymptomatic existence of stones for more than 2 years, the presence of other diseases, an increase in the size of the stone, the surgeon directs the patient to cholecystectomy.
With rare biliary colic attacks, doctors unconditionally do a planned operation, since subsequent attacks can develop an acute form of cholecystitis, illness of neighboring organs. If there is an attack of acute cholecystitis – colic for 2-3 hours in the upper right abdomen, the drugs are inactive, the temperature rises, the condition is accompanied by nausea or vomiting – immediately call for an ambulance.
Surgeons can make a less traumatic and safe operation with laparoscopic access. It does not depend on how many stones are in the gallbladder – many small or single large – the gallbladder is removed entirely. The operation performed in this way has contraindications, therefore the doctor can perform an open laparotomy operative operation.
What is the need for a diet after removal of the gallbladder
A person after an operation is faced with the fact that during the rest of his life he needs to follow a diet, this is due to the absence of a digestive organ, which previously accumulated bile. The patient should try to avoid stagnation of bile in the ducts. The way out of the situation is frequent meals. If you start the process of stagnation there are stone formation. Recommended five meals in small portions at exactly the same time. Food should be eaten warm, chewing well.
It is important to exclude fried foods from the diet, since it contains substances that affect the secretion of digestive juice, which serves as a gastrointestinal tract irritant. To avoid negative consequences, the food should be stewed, boiled or steamed.
In the postoperative period, the patient has a question: what to eat? Let's learn more about the principles of nutrition after removal of the gallbladder.
The diet from the first days to 1, 5 months implies:
- A couple of hours after cholecystectomy, the patient can moisten the lips, mouth cavity with a tampon soaked in simple boiled or mineral water. After 4-5 hours, it is necessary to incorporate mouthwash with chamomile (sage), do the 3 procedure on a straight day. Through 12 hours or days begin to drink mineral water without gas in small sips (unsweetened broth of dogrose) a maximum of 1 liter during the day. As soon as two days after the operation you can start drinking jelly, cooked from dried fruits without sugar, weakly brewed tea or kefir with a low fat content of up to one and a half liters per day. At a time, a maximum of 150 ml of fluid is permitted every three hours.
- Starting from 3-5 day, natural juices without sugar are added to the diet: from wild rose, beet, apple; jelly from fruit, mashed potatoes and sweetened tea. The volume of consumed liquid is up to 2 liters per day.
Do not forget that meals should be held at one time, more than 6 once a day with a dose of 200 ml. It is recommended to eat boiled fish, omelet without yolk, mashed soups, cooked on low-fat broth, if desired, you can add sour cream or butter, but not more than one teaspoon.
- At 5-e day you can afford a stale piece of bread or 100 gr of biscuits.
- By the end of the first week after the operation, porridges (buckwheat, oats and wheat) are allowed, but they must be passed through a blender or sieve. Porridge to cook on water with the addition of milk (1×1), also enter into the diet cottage cheese without sugar; boiled fish, meat (with the exception of pork and lamb) scrolled in a meat grinder, a protein omelet, a mash of their vegetables and any dairy products.
Drink liquid should be at 150 ml per reception, up to 2 liters per day. To weaken the secretion of bile, we exclude from the diet products containing fat and essential oils.
- In a week, 10 days and up to a month and a half a patient should adhere to a sparing diet. Eat boiled fish and meat, cutlet steamed, omelette without yolk, meatballs, meatballs, vegetable soups, puree from potatoes or vegetables, stewed zucchini or carrots, casserole from cottage cheese, mashed porridge on milk, jelly, juice.
What to eat after removing the gallbladder
The products used after the operation should not contain substances that will irritate and influence the excessive production of bile juice. For the preparation of dishes use products with a high content of pectins and lipotropic substances. Pectins cover the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, thereby preventing penetration of harmful substances. And also favorably affect the work of the intestine, have a healing effect. Lipotropic substances contribute to the active cleavage of cholesterol and prevent it from depositing on the walls of the vessels.
It is important to use sour-milk products, they contain calcium, animal protein and living bacteria, positively affecting the intestinal microflora.
- Stale bread, crackers, crackers, biscuits;
- Soups on vegetable or lean broth (on a secondary broth);
- Low-fat fish and meat (except pork and beef);
- Slightly salted, low-fat ham;
- Loose viscous porridge;
- Seafood – they contain a large amount of iodine, which neutralizes cholesterol;
- Omelette without yolk, steamed;
- It is allowed to add butter and vegetable oil to ready meals;
- Dairy products: lightly salted and low-fat cheese, yogurt, natural yogurt, kefir, low-fat cottage cheese;
- Berries, fruits – too sweet to be processed: compote, jelly, jelly or mousse;
- Chalk, marmalade and not very sweet jam;
- Greens, potatoes, tomato, cucumber, carrots, beets, zucchini, pumpkin, sweet pepper;
- Tea with the addition of lemon or milk, coffee is not strong, mineral water, fruit juice, natural juices;
- Slightly salted varieties of fish, vinaigrette, herring pre-soaked, vegetable salads.
It is important to observe the measure of food and alternate reception of permitted products. Dishes should be varied, to add flavor, add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, dill, parsley and vanilla.
From the above, we already know that we are preparing all the food for a couple, stew or cook. Also, when cooking, it is important:
- Add salt, add oil to a minimum;
- Ingredients are good to wash and clean;
- The products required for cooking the dish must be finely chopped;
- Food should have a soft and liquid consistency;
- Before going to bed, you should drink a glass of kefir;
- During the day, drink at least 2 liters of liquid;
- Before eating, drink a glass of mineral water;
- Each meal should have an interval of 3 hours;
- Sweet, sour fruit to process and not eat fresh.
For breakfast or dinner, it is recommended to eat cottage cheese, kefir or yogurt. To them, you can add fruit, carrots in stewed form or a pumpkin cooked on a steamed. At lunch, snack is desirable to eat cereals, fish, meat, but not more than one serving of each product during the day. The fasting days will be useful, with the exception of meat from the diet. To cleanse the bile ducts it is recommended to eat watermelon, melon. From vegetables there are less fibrous, and also to exclude consumption of acid sauces, gravy.
Do not ignore the fact that the food should be baked, cooked, stewed, and all other methods of heat treatment are not permissible.
First, these are products containing essential oils, extracts that irritate the digestive tract:
- Pepper, horseradish and mustard;
- Sorrel, onion, garlic, radish;
- Smoked products;
- Salted, marinated foods and spicy sauces;
- Filled broths.
- The diet should not contain refractory animal fats (goose, lamb, duck, pork, fat beef, sausage, lard and smoked meat);
- Products with cocoa content;
- Sweets: cakes, pastries, chocolate and sweets;
- Legumes, bread of coarse grinding;
- Alcohol and carbonated drinks.
What vegetables and fruits should be present in the diet?
As for fruits, after the operation, only processed fruits are introduced into the diet. Over time, the consumption of the most common fruits, which grow in the kitchen gardens, is first cleared from the skin. And exotic fruit is better to start eating after 3 monthly rehabilitation. You can freeze berries for the winter and cook compotes from them.
Vegetables in the first time is recommended to extinguish, a week after the operation you can make salads, vegetable juices. The most useful are carrots and beets, they should be introduced into the diet daily. Tomatoes are pre-scalded and peeled. Favorable for the work of the intestines affect cabbage, zucchini and cucumber. It is also necessary to consume fresh fresh herbs daily.
Is it possible to drink alcohol
On holidays, it is better to confine yourself to a glass of low-alcohol beverage and then if your digestive system has come to normal functioning. As for food, it's better to limit yourself, suffer one year, and after allowing yourself to gradually consume foods from the banned list.
Means recipes for dishes prepared from permitted products that do not irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- Breakfast: cereal, scrambled egg whites and tea;
- In 3 hours you can eat crackers, bran or biscuits with juice;
- Lunch: vegetable soup, boiled breast or steamed chicken, boiled carrots through a grater, compote or jelly;
- Snack: apple;
- Dinner: steamed fish, mashed potatoes, salad (apple, carrot), tea with milk. One hour before sleep, drink a glass of kefir.
Questions and answers on nutrition and postoperative problems
Consider the issues of people who have suffered a cholecystectomy and are learning to eat right.
You can after a month and a half little, but it's better to wait a year, because the meat cooked this way, you can call a shish kebab.
Oil is allowed to be added to ready meals, and in the first year it is better to abstain from it.
Here everything is individual, if in a month and a half you have tried cabbage and you have not had a bloating – it means that if you have transferred it badly – postpone for a year.
It is possible, but in case of abdominal pain – stop.
It is possible, with the condition of reducing the consumed fats of the daily ration.
Chocolate is not recommended for a year, but with a strong desire, you can limit yourself to two sweets a couple of times a week.
You can once a week, if you cook from the permitted products and reduce the amount of oil.
I advise you to eat a little, drink tea with lemon. If this does not help, you should resort to medication, after consulting with a doctor.
In the morning a glass of warm water on an empty stomach, in the diet to add vegetables rich in fiber, prunes, cooked carrots and beets. Once a week to do an enema and lead an active lifestyle.
Eat 5 once a day, compulsory presence in the diet of rice, buckwheat porridge, baked apples and fiber.
To consume more liquid, to drink a complex of vitamins, to use podsushivayuschie acne gels, ointments, but only with the permission of the attending physician.
Questions and answers about the patient's behavior in everyday life
Bathe in warm water, and sunbathe only six months after the surgery.
On a bicycle it is recommended in a month in a silent mode, and with rollers to wait up to half a year.
Yoga and dancing in six months, and physical education should be daily.
Wait for as many more, then apply vacuum.
On the rules of dietary nutrition after removal of the gallbladder, you can find out in the following video:
And in conclusion – it is important to follow the above recommendations on nutrition and lifestyle, then your body will recover much faster, due to the lack of irritants. In a year you can afford a little food from the forbidden list. And physical education and outdoor exercise will improve the general condition of your body.
Hey. I even did not know that there are such drugs for slimming, and it's very good to make them in syrups, pills, tablets.
And women also 3-4 times a week doing exercises?
Exercise for stretching is only for those who are professionally engaged in their body for example bodybuilders.
Kiwi used to be like a fairy fruit, now it is sold in every grocery store. Very good.