Diet and detailed menu for children with allergies
Intolerance to the organism of certain elements present in the environment and in contact with it, brings a lot of discomfort. An allergic reaction can occur on a wide variety of irritants and foods, and such conditions can even threaten life. Especially dangerous are allergies in childhood – they manifest themselves brightly and at times quite difficult to control them. Within the therapy of the problem, an important element is a special dietary diet that helps the child’s body to recover and prevent subsequent cases of intolerance.
What is an allergy and why does it occur?
The term “allergy” has a very long history. For the first time it was introduced in 1906 year, consists of two words of Greek origin: allos – another, ergon – I act. Proceeding from this, an allergy is an inadequate reaction, certain actions of the organism in response to the penetration of certain substances. Such a reaction is said when the human immune system reacts violently to contact with those substances that in themselves do not pose any threat, in other words, this can be called increased sensitivity. Allergic reactions can have a wide variety of manifestations, and some of them can pose a direct threat to life.
One of the manifestations of allergy in children – rashes on the skin
The age at which an allergic reaction may first appear is completely dependent on its specific type. So, the earliest is considered food intolerance: it occurs even in children under one year at a time when, in addition to breast milk, the baby starts to get other foods.
Specialist’s note. The reaction to aero allergens develops much later, usually at 10-year-old age, because for the appearance of hypersensitivity the body needs not only to face the allergen, but also to contact it for a long time.
There are many allergens that can be grouped together:
- Food allergy (occurs on food).
- Household (the reaction is determined by the conditions surrounding the child, that is, intolerance of house dust, animal hair, etc.) can be detected.
- Allergy to insect bites.
- Chemical (occurs as a reaction to contact with household chemicals and other synthetic compounds).
- Allergy to plants (their pollen).
- Reaction to medications.
There is a suggestion that an allergy can be a problem inherited, as many parents with allergies suffer from some form of intolerance.
Any form of allergic intolerance imposes restrictions on the diet. Undoubtedly, with the nutritional type of the problem, the diet is an integral part of the treatment, but with other methods this method allows to increase the immunity and minimize the risk of contact with the allergen. Failure to comply with dietary principles can lead to the formation of a sustained intolerance of a fairly large group of products, which will bring a lot of discomfort to the child’s life.
What allergic disease would not occur, a diet for children with this diagnosis should be clear and strict. This is necessary primarily to ensure that the immune system can recover from a violent reaction, and the burden on the body has decreased. Duration of diet therapy is determined by the complexity and stage of the process. In food allergies, the main method is the determination and complete elimination of the allergen product from the diet, and also by this method it is possible to reduce the symptomatic manifestations of the ongoing process.
It is worth noting that often within the diet eliminates not only the product-allergen, but also other elements of nutrition, which very often provoke similar reactions of the body. It is believed that against the background of increased activity of the immune system, intolerance of new products may arise.
Principles of nutrition for children with individual intolerance to any component:
- Do not force the child to eat, if he refuses – overeating is harmful;
- products should be steamed, boiled or stewed;
- you should avoid foods with a lot of sugar or acid;
- the menu should be diverse;
- It is better not to give meat and fish to the child in one day.
Nutrition of allergic infants: lure, mother’s diet
Lure for babies with food allergies is difficult to enter. When exactly to start adding new products to the diet can install a pediatrician depending on the specific situation, but do not overdo it because the baby may be in a deficit of certain elements. Usually the feeding of infants begin to enter from 5 months, and its purpose is not to feed the baby, but to introduce him to the new food.
When introducing complementary foods, the following rules should be adhered to:
- The new product should be added gradually, for the first acquaintance 10 gram will suffice, after which it is necessary to monitor the state of the baby during the day. If negative reactions of the body does not occur, the amount is constantly increased and within two weeks brought to the norm recommended according to age.
- If the baby has signs of an allergy, do not add new elements to the diet during this period.
- It is important to record how much and what kind of product the baby receives, and how he reacts to it. The obtained results of observations will be useful in compiling a baby’s ration.
Another important aspect is which lure to choose. Experts recommend starting with cereal without milk or vegetable puree. It is better to choose gluten-free versions of cereals: if necessary, they can be dissolved with breast milk or a mixture that feeds the baby. Fruits and dishes from them can be added only after six months.
Doctor’s opinion: it is worth noting that during pregnancy or feeding the baby the allergy for a woman first appears extremely rarely, often such situations are typical for patients who already had such a problem earlier. Some forms of allergic reaction in the mother can be dangerous for the fetus, so doctors need to monitor this issue and prescribe preventive measures.
If the baby is allergic, then you should not give up breastfeeding, you need to continue it, only my mother should make her food hypoallergenic. Such a diet for lactating women assumes the complete exclusion of products with a high risk of allergies (chocolate, seafood, nuts), with the content of extractives (radishes, meat broths, onions, etc.), as well as those positions for which they or children have intolerance.
When a child eats on his own, there is a need to competently make up his diet, because despite allergies, he must receive all the necessary nutrients.
The main ban for food allergies falls on specific food allergens, as well as all meals in which they are included as ingredients.
Potential allergens are the following products:
- most of seafood;
- milk products;
- canned food;
- goods with a large number of food additives in the composition;
- products of beekeeping.
A child who is allergic is allowed to give such products:
- Meat of rabbit, turkey, lamb and lean pork;
- porridges and legumes (buckwheat, oatmeal, risk, peas, string beans);
- diet breads or bran bread;
- cucumbers, cabbage, zucchini, potatoes, green onions, parsley and dill;
- olive or linseed oil;
- fruit green and white without skin (apples, pears);
- of drinks allowed green and white tea, water without gas and compotes, cooked on allowed fruits and berries.
A few simple and interesting recipes
It may seem that the baby’s diet is severely restricted due to prohibitions, but this is only at first glance. In fact, of the allowed products can be prepared a lot of interesting dishes. Let’s consider some simple recipes.
Vegetable soup – an indispensable element of the baby’s diet
- onion red;
- a stalk of celery;
- sunflower oil;
- vegetable or meat broth;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Onion, celery, zucchini and carrots finely chopped.
- Pour the sunflower oil in a saucepan and gently warm it.
- After add the sliced vegetables and cook minutes 5 – until the semi-preparedness of the vegetables.
- Add the tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
For salad it is recommended to use rabbit meat, turkey, lean pork
- Pre-cooked meat is cut into small cubes.
- Add to it other crushed ingredients: a little soy cheese, a couple of cucumbers, Bulgarian pepper and parsley.
- To fill this salad is best olive oil.
- A little salt.
Pancakes from courgettes will bring additional benefits, improving digestion
- In a blender, a cleaned and washed zucchini is ground (you can just rub it on a grater),
- Add to it quail eggs, flour and a little salt.
- Cooking such pancakes is best for a couple. But you can just fry.
Allergy is not an excuse to deprive a child of dessert
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder.
- Add water and oil. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour the finished dough into the baking dish. Bake at a temperature of 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
You can prepare and banana version of cupcakes – you need to add banana puree to the dough.
Recipes muffins fit only if the child does not have allergies to the main ingredients – cocoa or bananas.