Diet with increased insulin helps to regulate the level of this hormone in the body without the help of special drugs. This is necessary to prevent the development of hypoglycemia. Also, the observed diet with increased insulin in the blood of a person reduces the sharp jumps of this hormone, which have a very negative effect on carbohydrate and protein-fat metabolism throughout the human body. To such measures it is necessary to resort at development of adiposity or presence of a diabetes in people with similar infringement.
Causes of increased insulin levels
With high insulin and violation of carbohydrate metabolism in the human body, various diseases and complications such as diabetes and hypoglycemia occur, up to the development of coma and death. That’s why you need to monitor the level of sugar and the hormone of insulin in the blood.
When the absorption of glucose at the cellular level occurs at an insufficient rate, then the production of the hormone increases, which is the cause of the development of 2 type diabetes.
To understand how this happens, we need to consider the mechanism of this action.
- Deteriorated perception of insulin sensitive receptors, which reduces its function.
- Because of this, after eating, the blood sugar level increases, and its reduction occurs very slowly.
- This concentration of glucose gives the basis for the formation of an additional amount of insulin, which will increase its level in the blood.
The new formation, consisting of cells that produce insulin, can cause its increased secretion. Stress, liver and pituitary diseases, severe physical exertion, polycystic ovary – all this can also trigger an increase in insulin in the blood.
With an increased concentration of insulin for a long period, various irreversible consequences develop, causing dangerous complications in the human body. Therefore, treatment and nutrition should be agreed with the doctor, who will choose products suitable for making the menu.
Also, there are rules that must be followed when feeding with increased insulin.
- Products containing sugar are prohibited. When using the diet will occur the process of stabilizing insulin, then you should not allow sudden jumps in blood glucose. This can happen in the case of eating foods that have an elevated glycemic index, namely: baking, packaged juices, sweets, carbonated drinks. The response to the ingestion of this food will be an increase in the production of insulin.
- It is important to reduce the calorie content of food, but not to allow a feeling of hunger, as sugar falls sharply and there is a risk of developing hypoglycemia. The food should be carried out at intervals of 2,5-3 hours.
- Use in food products with a low hypoglycemic index.
- Do not smoke.
- Limit the reception of coffee or even stop using it.
- Before exercise, in order to prevent a decrease in glucose, you need to eat a product containing carbohydrates, but having a low calorie content.
- Useful for reducing insulin exercise with light physical exercise.
Omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in fish oil, pumpkin seeds and flaxseed oil, normalize blood sugar levels.
Foods in the diet of a person with a high level of insulin
Diet with increased insulin provides an exception to the menu of products that increase the hormone in the human body. It is fatty or fried meat and fish, also potatoes cooked in a similar way. Braised beans, muesli and oatmeal, bread, pasta, milk, cheeses, sweet fruits, chocolate and sweets are forbidden to people with high levels of insulin.
In order to maximally correct the diet that regulates the level of the hormone, you need to make a diet that includes products with a low glycemic index: pears, pomegranates, pumpkin, zucchini, cabbage in raw and stewed.
The intake of salt should be limited to 10 g per day, and the daily caloric value of foods should be about 2300 kcal.
In the preparation of the menu for a week should be taken as a basis:
- fish, can not be more than 2 times a week;
- low-fat meat;
- restriction of starchy vegetables;
- unsweetened fruits;
- the egg is boiled, and a steam omelet is also available every other day;
- dairy products of low fat content;
- soy products;
- porridge is desirable from whole cereal crops: brown rice, oats, wheat;
- additionally appointed by the doctor reception of the vitamin-mineral complex.
If you want to sweeten the dishes, then you can use sugar substitutes. There is a herb stevia that you can add to tea or use sweets for diabetics.