Colonoscopy is an endoscopic examination of the large intestine. This diagnostic procedure requires careful preparation. This is necessary in order to maximize visualization and obtain reliable results. At the time of the procedure, the intestine of the patient should be empty. This is the main condition for preparing for a colonoscopy.
Preparation is appointed by the doctor a few days before the diagnostic procedure. The volume and duration of training is determined individually, depending on the presence of concomitant pathologies.
- Identification of contraindications to the procedure (for example, the inflammatory process in the intestine);
- Strict adherence to all training guidelines;
- Compliance with a special slag-free diet. As a rule, the diet is prescribed for 3 days before the study. However, in the presence of constipation, the power adjustment is carried out for 5 days before the colonoscopy. The patient is given a list of permitted and prohibited foods;
- Purgation. This stage is no less important than compliance with the right diet. Purification of the intestine is carried out with the help of a cleansing enema and the use of laxatives. A cleansing enema is prescribed the day before the procedure (in the evening) and on the day of the examination;
- Cleansing the bowels with a laxative. Such drugs must be prescribed to patients with chronic constipation. Modern laxatives can replace cleansing enema, since this procedure delivers some discomfort to patients. These drugs include: Fortrans, Lavakol, Dufalac. They contribute to a mild cleansing of the intestine, but you should read the instructions for using the drug, since they have certain contraindications.
What you can eat while preparing for a colonoscopy
Diet in this case should be gentle. It is recommended to eat liquid, wiped dishes. They do not increase peristaltic movements of the intestines, which is one of the main requirements of the diet.
When a patient is assigned a colonoscipia, the treating doctor (therapist, surgeons, proctologist), in a charming manner, should acquaint the patient with a special diet and a list of prohibited and permitted foods that can be eaten and absolutely not allowed.
Products that can be eaten before colonoscopy:
- Fermented milk products: yoghurt, ryazhenka, sour cream. These products must be low-fat;
- Cheese and cottage cheese with a low percentage of fat;
- Broths based on vegetables, low-fat varieties of meat and fish. And broths are allowed to be consumed even on the day of the survey, provided that the survey is conducted after 14: 00. They should not be transparent without solid particles;
- Porridge on water and low-fat milk (mix water and milk 1: 1). It is allowed to use semolina, well-boiled rice and buckwheat porridge;
- The meat is boiled. Preference should be given to dietary types: turkey, chicken breast, veal, beef;
- Creamy and vegetable (olive, sunflower, corn) oil can be added to ready meals in small quantities;
- Eggs of chicken and quail can be eaten as a light steam omelet or boil them soft-boiled;
- White bread, better yesterday, in small quantities. You can also eat breadcrumbs of white bread (preferably home-made), dry biscuits, baked pastries without additives (poppies, nuts, years, dried fruits, sesame seeds and other seeds);
- Confectionery, which can be allowed in limited quantities: jujube, jelly, honey;
- Drinks: tea (black, green), pure drinking water, mineral water without gas, compote without pulp, clarified juices (except plum and grape) and jelly.
To prepare was effective you need to give up some food:
- Fatty meat and broths based on it;
- Semi-finished products and sausages, bacon;
- Vegetables in fresh form, all without exception;
- Fresh berries and fruits, they, like vegetables, are rich in fiber, which strengthens the intestinal peristalsis. And some types of vegetables and fruits provoke fermentation in it;
- Cereals are useful, however, coarse varieties enhance the digestion process in the intestines. This is their beneficial property interferes with colonoscopy. This is why it should be abandoned: oatmeal, barley, pearl barley, corn and brown, wild rice;
similar articles Diagnosis Colonoscopy procedure of the intestine
- Rye bread, as well as bakery products with bran;
- Whole milk, cream and fatty dairy products;
- Legumes (peas, beans, lentils, soybeans);
- Nuts and seeds;
- Canned food;
- Seasonings, and accordingly sharp and salty foods and dishes;
- Fatty and fried foods;
- Chips, croutons and various snacks;
- Carbonated drinks and juices with pulp;
- Coffee, chocolate and other sweets.
There are groups of drugs, the use of which is undesirable or contraindicated:
- Preparations with iron (they are canceled, if possible);
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). They promote blood thinning and can provoke bleeding during the procedure;
- Anticoagulants (for example, Heparin) dilute blood.
Diet menu a few days before the diagnosis
During preparation for the colonoscopy of the intestine, you must follow a certain diet – a special menu should be followed for 3 days before the diagnosis. If the patient has chronic constipation, then the diet is prescribed for 5 days before the colonoscopy.
If there is an 3 day left before the examination, then the menu during the diet for colonoscopy will be extended. It includes more products that are allowed to be consumed. On this day you can eat boiled and grated vegetables.