Proper nutrition is always one of the components of health. In some diseases, doctors recommend using special diets that promote a speedy recovery or improve health. Such ailments include arthrosis, in which a special menu is recommended. The therapeutic diet for arthrosis positively affects the body’s condition and helps to overcome the disease, reducing its destructive effect to a minimum.
Proper nutrition with arthrosis
The diet that ensures the intake of necessary and sufficient amounts of energy into the body is balanced and varied. The general condition of the patient and the features of the course of the disease must be taken into account. The main requirement: nutrition for arthritis and joint arthrosis should saturate with nutrients and moisture, which prevents ossification of the joints and allows for greater mobility and lower pain threshold.
What can you eat with joint arthrosis?
In order to optimize the process of cure, it is necessary to know what can be eaten with arthrosis, and from the use of which it is worth abstaining. The list of products allowed for therapeutic nutrition is quite wide, which allows full nutrition during the treatment period and provide a need for vital substances. Diet for arthrosis recommends:
- meat of turkey or chicken, saturating the body with protein;
- marine fatty fish, rich in Omega-3 acids;
- fresh greens and dairy products, ensuring the supply of calcium;
- All kinds of nuts, flaxseed and oil, which are saturated with vitamin E;
- porridge and rye bread – sources of carbohydrates;
- natural juices, vegetables and fruits, supplying vitamins to the body;
- Legumes rich in vegetable protein;
- butter – the supplier of fats.
What can not be eaten with joint arthrosis?
There is also a list, familiarization with which allows you to understand that you can not eat with arthrosis. They do not benefit, do not contribute to the improvement of the patient’s condition and are the sources of “fast carbohydrates”, the consumption of which leads to weight gain and aggravation of the disease. To speed up the recovery, it is necessary to exclude from the diet:
- any cream confectionery, including cakes and pastries;
- buns and biscuits;
- freshly baked wheat bread;
- ice cream and desserts, cooked on the basis of whole milk and cream;
- products with the addition of chocolate;
- fast-food products;
- salted nuts, chips, crackers, toasts;
- sweet soda;
- strong drinks (tea and coffee);
- spicy seasonings and sauces, especially mayonnaise;
- salting and smoked meat;
- fatty dairy products;
- alcohol of any strength.
Dietary diet is not a medicine, but it can have a beneficial effect on the effectiveness of treatment and accelerate the process of recovery, because it ensures the receipt of vital substances, protecting against the aggressive effects of others, by eliminating all the unhelpful of the menu. Nutrition for arthrosis means providing the body with a whole complex of vitamins and micronutrients.
A wide range of products included in the list of allowed for a diet for arthrosis, allows you to make a variety of menus that, despite the limitations, will provide activity, fill with energy and enhance the positive impact of a set of measures aimed at treating the disease and early recovery. Nutrition for joint arthrosis implies fractionality and provides the following menu:
- immediately after lifting it is necessary to drink a small sip of a glass of clean water, then freshly squeezed orange or pomegranate juice;
- breakfast (after 20-30 minutes after taking the juice): porridges cooked on the water with a small amount of butter, cottage cheese, sour-milk products, unsalted cheese, soft-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, green tea, crackers;
- second breakfast: fruits, sour-milk products, nuts;
- lunch: soups from vegetables and cereals, steamed meat dishes, boiled or baked fish, vegetable salads, and stew, stewed vegetables;
- afternoon snack: fruit, compotes, jelly, jelly, mousses with crackers, dry biscuits or loaves;
- vegetable salads, stew, stewed vegetables, dishes from cottage cheese; not strong tea.
The question of fasting with arthrosis directly depends on the weight of the patient. If its excess is noted, then, as a rule, the doctor gives recommendations for its reduction, which will bring relief and reduce joint pain. In this case, most often, it’s not about hard starvation, but about a diet: limiting the intake of certain foods and reducing the size of portions. The curative fasting with arthrosis is carried out under the supervision of the attending physician. In some cases, it is generally strictly prohibited.
The question of drinking during illness can be considered in two aspects: when it comes to drinking water; on the intake of other liquids, including alcohol. Ordinary water for arthrosis must be drunk! Otherwise, the bones become more fragile, and the connective tissue is “limed”, which leads to a decrease in the mobility of the joints and their deformation. To saturate the body with moisture a day, you need to drink from 2 to 3 liters of water.
If it is a question of alcoholic beverages, then they are not recommended to be consumed. Osteoarthritis and alcohol are incompatible and forbidden at the time of taking medications that may be incompatible with alcohol. As for alcoholic tinctures of hawthorn, marshmallow, comfrey, they are used most often for outdoor use and have no significant negative effect.
There is no specific diet that will completely cure this disease. However, you will alleviate the symptoms and treatment if you follow certain rules. Proper nutrition with arthrosis of the knee joint performs 3 main tasks:
- normalizes weight;
- strengthens bone and cartilage tissue;
- suppresses the inflammation of the joint.
Arthrosis often occurs in people who are overweight due to increased stress on the joints. Therefore, the diet for arthritis and arthrosis pursues the main goal – to lose excess pounds. Reduce the total caloric content of the diet by thinking about the menu for a week. Reduce the portion size, avoid empty calories from sweet drinks, fast food and baking. Divide the food intake by 4-5 times during the day.
Consider the qualitative composition of the diet. Proteins help restore bone tissue and are responsible for the state of cartilage. Complex carbohydrates saturate and give energy, cellulose in vegetables and fruits normalizes digestion. Vegetable fats, vitamins and minerals participate in cellular metabolism and are the key to good health. Prefer the whole-grain products instead of refined, as well as stewed, boiled or steamed.
The diet with gonarthrosis of the knee joint 2 degree should be more rigid and consistent, to stop the further development of the disease and maintain mobility. The diet for arthrosis of the knee joint 3 degree does not allow the use of prohibited products that can provoke an exacerbation.
Essential vitamins and minerals
Recommended minerals and vitamins for knee arthrosis are directly involved in the formation of cartilage, joint fluid and bone tissue. Therefore, monitor the content of these elements in the diet.
Vitamin C reduces pain in the joint, promotes the formation of connective tissue and quality collagen. Without collagen, cartilage can not recover. In addition, vitamin C is an antioxidant, it protects the main components of cartilage from the destructive effect of free radicals.
Clinical studies show that the daily intake of vitamin C should be at least 152 mg and can reach 3 g. The minimum amount of this vitamin is recommended in the amount of 75 mg for women and 90 mg for men. This corresponds to the consumption of 1-2 oranges per day.
One of the important microelements involved in the renewal of bone tissue is boron. Together with magnesium, he participates in the precipitation of calcium in the bones. Boron is part of an enzyme that places calcium in a collagen matrix, and magnesium provides energy for this reaction. Thus, all three minerals must be present in the diet.
More than 2 mg of boron is needed, about 400 mg of magnesium and 1 g of calcium per day to prevent deformation changes in the joints. A good choice as a supplier of calcium will be low-fat dairy products. Boron is found in buckwheat, lentils, beans. Magnesium is rich in almonds, cashews, pistachios, peanuts and oatmeal.
Another nutrient is pantothenic acid, which is one of the forms of vitamin B5 needed to repair damaged cells. The daily requirement of this trace element is from 6 to 200 mg, depending on the degree of inflammation. About 6 mg of pantothenic acid is contained in 100 g of beef or pork liver. It is found in mushrooms, nuts and green peas.
Incorporate into the food omega-3 fatty acids – they ease the pain in the joints and relieve inflammation. The amount of fatty acids that exerts a therapeutic effect is 1-2 g per day. For this, eat 2 portions of oily fish in 5-7 days. The best sources of omega-3 are trout, salmon, salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna. Omega-3 is also found in pumpkin and flaxseed seeds, walnuts.
Useful products for gonarthrosis
Optimal nutrition for gonarthrosis of the knee joint should take into account the full range of nutrients. A study carried out by Finnish scientists at the end of the 1990 shows that in patients with a predominance of unprocessed fruits and vegetables, exacerbation proceeds more easily. Although no objective differences in the activity of this disease have been identified.
- A protein component should be present in the form of low-fat milk, lean meat and fish. Scientific studies conducted in 2014 year found that women who took milk had less progressing arthrosis than those who avoided dairy products.
- Increase water consumption. It is required to remove in a timely manner from the body the products of intoxication, formed during the inflammatory process.
- Add in the menu oranges, broccoli, red pepper, strawberries and white cabbage – in these products the maximum content of vitamin C. It stops the progression of osteoarthritis in the long term.
- Unsaturated fatty acids contained in fish and nuts are needed to produce synovial fluid of the right viscosity to prevent further damage to the joint. Walnuts increase the amount of adiponectin in the body that relieves inflammation.
Proper nutrition with arthrosis of the knee allows the use of olive oil instead of other oils. Studies show that the oleocanthal, contained in unrefined olive oil, works as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent and prevents inflammation. Choose the first-pressing oil with the strongest odor – it contains the greatest amount of monounsaturated healthy fats.
Note that 3,5 tablespoons of olive oil will add to the diet about 400 calories! Adjust the total calorie content based on this amount.
Diet for arthrosis of the knee joint contains a lot of vegetables and fruits. Most of them are rich in antioxidants, which protect the tissue from damage. Two groups of phytochemical compounds found in fresh fruits and vegetables – carotenoids and flavonoids – play a role in suppressing the inflammatory process.
- Carotene-rich products include carrots, pumpkins, apricots, melons.
- Flavonoids are found in berries, grapes, green leafy vegetables, beets.
- A particularly useful flavonoid, quercetin, is found in apples and onions. It reduces inflammation of the joints and reduces pain.
- A powerful bromelain enzyme is found in pineapple. In addition to anti-inflammatory action, it helps digest protein in the digestive tract.
Food should not be fresh. For cooking, use spices that have an anti-inflammatory effect. These include cinnamon, chili, garlic, ginger.
Gelatin in arthrosis of the knee joint is considered as one of the promising chondroprotectors, which will prevent the exacerbation of the disease and support the positive dynamics in the treatment.
There is clinical evidence that gelatin in arthrosis of the knee joint reduces pain and improves the function of ligaments in patients with gonarthrosis. Gelatin contains collagen – one of the materials that make up the cartilage and bones. Gelatine with arthrosis of the knee strengthens the bones and helps to reduce weight.
The therapeutic dose of gelatin is 10 g per day and should be accompanied by the intake of calcium and vitamin C. This combination improves the overall well-being and mobility of the knee joints, stops the progression of the disease. Gelatin is safe for most people, even in large quantities. Up to 10 g of this substance can be safely taken daily for 6 months.
From what products it is better to refuse at gonartroze
Diet for arthrosis of the knee joint excludes foods with a lot of saturated fat. Such food is high in calories and leads to weight gain. Butter and red meat contain saturated fats, which worsen the condition, increase swelling and joint pain. Animal fats are the source of prostaglandins, which provoke inflammatory processes.
It is noted that a decrease in the number of animal fats in the diet improves the picture of the disease.
- The diet for arthrosis of the knee joint 2 degree should completely replace animal fats with plant. This also applies to eggs, where it is preferable to separate the protein from the yolk, since the yolk has a high content of saturated fats.
- Reduce your sugar intake. It worsens the course of the inflammatory process and prevents the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, which are washed out of bone tissue.
- Coffee and alcohol in this disease are unacceptable, since both drinks contribute to the formation of purine bases in the body. This causes swelling and worsens the general symptoms of the disease.
Ambiguous products are Solanaceae salt and vegetables. Salt delays water in tissues and can provoke swelling, although there is no scientific evidence that it directly affects cartilage. Seasonal vegetables, which include tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and peppers, contain the neurotoxin solanine. He is associated with the occurrence of pain in the joints. However, official research does not confirm this connection.
For many years nutritionists around the world have been studying the characteristics of nutrition of different peoples. Comparing the features of the kitchen, scientists are trying to identify the influence of various culinary preferences on the development of certain diseases. The same studies have been carried out on many occasions arthrosis.
Hundreds of theories were put forward, and many assumptions were made. For example, at one time it was believed that development of arthrosis promotes the eating of solanaceous (including tomatoes), then it was suggested that arthrosis develops due to the consumption of a large amount of edible salt.
None of these theories has not been confirmed. It turned out that neither food salt nor tomatoes have any relation to the development of arthrosis. Moreover, it turned out that, despite the difference in culinary preferences and national traditions in the preparation and composition of food, until the end of the twentieth century, in all countries, arthrosis was affected by approximately the same percentage of the population.
The only regularity that scientists managed to discover in the twentieth century was obvious: fat people are sick arthrosis of the knee, ankle and hip joints much more often than thin or people with normal weight. And this is quite understandable – after all, full weight on the joints of the legs (primarily the hip, knee and ankle) is weighted. That is until recently we could safely say that the development of arthrosis does not depend on what kind of products a person uses. But it depends on how many people eat, whether it is full or not.
However, at the end of the 20th century, the situation changed dramatically. The development of new technologies in the food industry, and in particular extrusion meat products with preservatives led to the fact that there was in fact a new kind of arthrosis: the so-called “metabolic arthrosis”. Or, in pseudoscientific language, “arthrosis against metabolic syndromeforum.
Here’s about this very condition, which is called metabolic syndrome, we now have to talk more.
Before the collapse of the Soviet Union, there was practically no metabolic syndrome in our country. Bad, good was the leadership of our country at the time, but it did not allow the supply to the country of frankly substandard, “chemical food”. However, the Soviet Union disintegrated, and along with its collapse, those sanitary services, whose duty it was to monitor and prevent poor food, actually stopped their full-fledged work. Before the unscrupulous suppliers of frankly harmful products, all obstacles collapsed.
Low quality meat and “hormonal” meat products – it’s not so bad. Much worse, that now in our country in huge quantities comes meat, syringed with preservatives. The task of preservatives, which are now stuffed with meat and meat products – to increase the weight of meat and then keep it for a long time. That is, conditionally speaking, do not allow the meat to dry up during transportation and storage on store shelves. In simplistic terms, such preservatives detain water in the meat (saturated with chemical compounds), and as a result, meat can be stored without losing weight for a very long time, much longer than would be stored without the use of preservatives.
When preservatives from meat enter our body (with food, of course), they gradually accumulate. And over time have an unpleasant effect on the body:
- they complicate the work of the kidneys
- provoke an increase in pressure and eventually lead to the development of persistent hypertension!
- much increase the chance of diabetes (2 type)
- provoke an increase in the level of cholesterol in the blood!
- contribute to weight gain (that is, the person noticeably gets fatter) and growth of the stomach “according to the beer type”
- under the action of preservatives in the blood quickly the level of cholesterol rises!
In addition, preservatives promote accumulation in the joints microcrystals – uric acid, chondrocalcinates and other chemical compounds that worsen the condition of the joint fluid (i.e., “joint lubrication”). In this case, blood levels of uric acid may also increase. But it can remain completely normal – because with metabolic syndrome uric acid and chondrocalcinates concentrate precisely in the joint cavity.
These microcrystals (uric acid and chondrocalcinates) not only worsen the properties of articular lubrication, they are also quite a strong stimulus for the joints – under their influence, so-called inflammatory mediators are developed, the joints begin to periodically inflame; sometimes they can noticeably swell and hurt. Over time, the inflamed joints develop “metabolic arthrosis.” Especially often this trouble happens with the knee joints, less often – with the joints of the fingers, thumbs and (rarely) ankle joints. And women suffer from “metabolic arthrosis” about 2 times more often than men.
Does all of the above mean that now we need to completely abandon the meat and meat products? Not at all. We only need reduce quantity of consumed meat products. And also know how to cook meat properly, and which ones it is better to completely eliminate meat products from our diet (or, at least, reduce their use to a minimum).
So. If you want to improve the condition of your joints and want (if possible) to prevent further development of arthrosis, you should exclude the meat products of so-called “fast food” from the ration. That is, you want to refuse from:
- semi-finished products based on wastes of meat production: from sausages, sausages, various sausages, etc .;
- from the meat products sold in the store, since in most cases this meat is smoked by chemical treatment (and not by fire and smokehouses, as it was done before);
- from the finished meat, processed by chemical substances harmful to the body (taste enhancers and dyes) – bacon, hams, etc.;
- from visiting various establishments of fast food, pizzerias and fast food cafe;
We talked about meat “fast food” and smoked products. Here everything is unique – such food should be minimized, and it is better to give it up altogether. But what to do with the meat itself (raw) – because it is also injected with preservatives, it is also stuffed with hormones and chemistry?
Ideally, of course, buy meat (including poultry) from those who grow it (in the village or on the farm) or in the market with familiar suppliers – provided, of course, that you are sure that this meat or poultry is grown on natural food, without the use of chemistry. However, for most residents of cities such advice seems impossible – familiar producers of meat and chicken we usually do not.
Hence, we need to choose such methods of cooking meat and poultry, in which harmful chemical compounds would be maximally destroyed or “released” from meat. Sometimes changing only this factor (methods of cooking meat and poultry) already makes it possible to achieve an impressive effect in the fight against metabolic arthrosis.
At first. First of all, before cooking it is better to free the meat and poultry from the visible fat. That is, remove the skin from the poultry and cut off the fat from the meat (because it is often in the fat concentrates the most harmful substances).
Secondly. To more useful ways of cooking meat or poultry we classify: boiling, steaming, stewing on water, baking in foil, grilling (but not in tents of “fast food” – often delinquent products or products of questionable quality are often delivered there). Less useful way will be roasting meat or poultry or smoking in domestic smokehouses.
Thirdly. No chillers and jellies! Contrary to popular belief, there is no benefit to the joints from them – and the harm to the body is often monstrous because of the increased concentration of cholesterol (and chemicals, too).
Fourth. No meat soup and broth! Even if the first broth (which is cooked with the greatest amount of chemistry) is drained, in the second and subsequent portions of the decoction of various chemicals and preservatives, there are still quite a lot. If you like soups so much that you can not live without them, accustom yourself to vegetable soups or soups – purees, which are so popular in the West: from vegetables or mushrooms. And try to eat meat soups or broths as rarely as possible – no more often than one – two times a week, especially if you do not have the opportunity to buy for their cooking environmentally friendly meat or poultry.
Fifth. Trying to replace meat for making soup with bouillon cubes or “ready soup packets” will also not lead to anything good – the number of chemical preservatives in them is often completely prohibitive. The maximum, if itch, you can use them 1-2 times a month.
The sixth. All of the above applies to fish. Nowadays, almost all frozen or chilled fish sold in supermarkets are also injected with preservatives and dyes. Therefore, if you like fish, if possible, buy it either in fish farms (where it is bred) or in a store – but only one that is sold alive. And it is even better to eat fish in those countries-resorts where it is caught and immediately served to the table.
Now that we’ve talked about cooking meat and fish, we’ll talk about some more nutritional issues that will help us improve the condition of the affected joints.
1. Try limit intake of table salt (if possible, 1 teaspoon of salt for the whole day). Wherein better use therapeutic and preventive salt: with a lower content of sodium and elevated – potassium. All meals should preferably be prepared without salt, and dosalivat them should be immediately before use.
2. Caution should be given to products containing an excessive amount of salt. These include: salted vegetables, canned food, again sausages and meat delicacies, semi-finished products. And also cheese, salted fish, caviar, chips, sauces (especially soy), mayonnaise, mineral water with high sodium content.
3. When cooking, if possible, give up refined vegetable oil. Use more often unrefined, that is, unrefined oil – it is more useful. Particularly useful unrefined sesame, linseed, olive, cedar and sunflower oils. Their alternate application within a week for only 1-2 months will significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular and oncological diseases. Of course, provided that you consume them in reasonable quantities – no more than 2x tablespoons a day.
4. Try, as far as possible, slightly less eat the following foods (especially if you need to lose weight):
- Cakes, confectionery products with cream (especially cream cakes), muffins, ice cream, milk and cream desserts, chocolate butter and chocolate cheese, chocolate-nut pastes
- Cornflakes. Toasts and chips
- Sweet carbonated drinks. Alcoholic carbonated drinks. Beer
- Oily sauces, complex salads with mayonnaise (olivier and others)
- Sour cream above 10% fat, curd above 4% fat, yogurt above 3,2% fat, cream, cream cheese
- Caviar is red and black, fatty fish – trout, salmon, halibut, sturgeon.
Products listed in this section should be consumed in the first half of the day, up to 14-15 hours.
5. How canmore often use products with a negative caloric content. Such as dill, parsley, green beans, green peas, fresh cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, fresh cucumbers and freshly squeezed juice, tomatoes, freshly squeezed tomato juice, bean and wheat seedlings, celery, green onions, green salad, spinach , radish.
To improve the state of carbohydrate metabolism, products containing pectin should be used: apples (can be baked), red grapefruit, black and red currants, jelly on fructose Ratibor (sold in pharmacies). It is best to use these foods in between meals.
6. Products that can eat safely, without fear of getting better or harming the joints:
- All cereals, cooked naturally (but not new-fashioned cereals of rapid cooking). Especially useful are brown and wild rice, oatmeal with bran
- Strangely enough – pasta (without fatty sauces), bread (especially with bran), potatoes (especially baked in peel or foil)
- Quail and chicken eggs (based on 1-2, maximum 3 chicken eggs per day) – boiled or in the form of omelet
- Sour-milk products with fat content from 2,5 to 3,2%
- Most vegetables and fruits.
As you can see, from the products presented in points 5 and 6, with some ingenuity, you can easily make yourself a fully-fledged diet.
7. Put food in your mouth in small portions and chew it very slowly.
8. Food should be varied, so you need to learn how to replace some dishes (familiar to you) by others. For example, for breakfast, a sandwich with a doctor’s sausage can be replaced with a low-fat cottage cheese, or an omelet from 2-3 proteins, or low-fat boiled fish.
9. If you need to lose weight, andUse little tricks to “knock down” your appetite. For example, drink plenty of plain still water between meals (and even during meals) – so you will soon feel satiated. Do not bring yourself to the sensation of “brutal hunger” – have a snack with fruit or drink water.
10. Drink water also in order to “wash the kidneys.” Minimum The daily dose of water is not less than 1 liters per day.
11. Remember: proper nutrition should become a habit. It’s pointless to sit on some diets on a case-by-case basis. All serious nutrition scientists, like my consultant Julia Bastrigina, are very uncomfortable with short-term “popular” diets or starvation. All reasonable and competent nutritionists agree that there are no useful short-term diets, since any “special” diet either deprives the body of certain useful substances, or overloads one or another organ – for example, kidneys, liver, etc. All competent nutritionists constantly emphasize: it is necessary to eat properly not temporarily, but constantly. Only then your efforts to preserve health will be crowned with success!
A diet with arthrosis makes it possible to achieve a stable remission. It prevents premature wear and destruction of cartilaginous tissues and helps strengthen joints.
Naturally, this diet is low-calorie, because excess weight strongly affects the course of the disease. And this has already been repeatedly proven by scientists from different countries. In the presence of extra pounds, the load on the joints increases, which leads to their premature wear. And besides the statistical data show that arthrosis in 75% cases is diagnosed in full people. Therefore, anyone who has at least a little care for their health, must carefully monitor their diet and, if necessary, reduce its caloric value.
What should I eat with arthrosis?
Diet for joint arthrosis involves the daily use of gelatin-containing products. Gelatin is a natural chondroprotector, which restores cartilaginous tissues and strengthens joints. Scientists observed such a regularity – people who daily included in the diet of gelatin, felt much better than those who tried to avoid this product.
You do not need to eat gelatin in its pure form. Especially the one that is sold in the store to what is written above does not matter. Now we are talking about a real animal gelatin. This is a jelly, jelly, “strong” meat broth, etc. It is also useful to simply eat boiled meat (beef, veal, etc.).
In the diet of patients with arthrosis should also be present marine fatty fish. it contains a huge amount of various minerals that weaken the course of the disease. In addition, there is another element – omega-3, which helps maintain a stable remission.
Diet for arthrosis of knee joints involves the preparation of all dishes for a couple. Frying is strictly prohibited. Because fish and meat are fatty enough, and if they are also fried with the addition of oil, their calorie content will increase in 1,5-2 again. And our task is not to increase the weight, but to reduce it. Therefore, frying dishes is prohibited.
Particular attention should be paid to the choice of fish and meat. They must be fresh, and in their quality you must be sure of all 100%. After all, today we all know how a manufacturer achieves a high shelf life of its product, and it is not grown in a natural environment. Therefore, it is best if you buy meat from people you trust.
In addition, the ration of the patient should be present not only animal proteins, but also plant. Especially with arthrosis it is useful to use boiled beans, lentils and beans.
With arthrosis, it is recommended to drink pomegranate juice. It has a beneficial effect on the condition of the joints. Doctors recommend to use it daily in an amount of 100 ml. This is quite enough to defeat the symptoms characteristic of this insidious disease.
As for potatoes and pasta, it is not worth to give up completely, but it is still necessary to limit their quantity in the diet. You can add spices to food, but only in small quantities. Particular attention should be paid to ginger. It reduces inflammation and relieves pain.
What products can not be used for arthrosis?
Diet with knee arthrosis, ankle or hip completely excludes from the diet:
- smoked products;
- fatty meat;
- fried food;
- fast food;
- carbonated drinks;
- semi-finished products;
- various sauces (sour cream, mayonnaise, ketchup);
These products contain trans fats, which contribute to weight gain, so you can not eat them in any case.
Arthrosis is a disease that requires special attention. To get rid of arthrosis, you need to put a lot of effort, so be patient. Do not expect from an instant diet. If you follow all the rules, then the first results you can see through 2-3 weeks.
With arthrosis, excessive weight is important. Load on the knee contributes to its failure. Also, metabolic disorders are provoked by the destruction of cartilage. Often gonarthrosis leads to the fact that a person loses the ability to move.
To treat this disease, chondroprotectors are used – medicines that repair cartilage. However, for the recovery of a single dose of drugs is not enough, you also need to reconsider your lifestyle. A daily diet is something that should be changed first. Proper nutrition will help to bring metabolism to normal levels and seriously slow down the process of destruction of the knee cartilage.
The diet depends on the type of disease, which happens to be primary and secondary. The first is characterized by a pronounced exchange nature, and therefore nutrition should be aimed at eliminating metabolic disturbances. To begin with, you need to bring the weight of the patient back to normal.
Arthrosis is a disease that usually affects women after 40, having excess weight. Treatment of the disease involves unloading the joints, which is why a diet is needed.
Secondary form of the disease usually occurs due to knee injury. The diet with secondary gonarthrosis of the knee joint is used for its weight discharge (although in this case pronounced metabolic disturbances are not observed) and as a health food.
To help the joints recover, you need to pay attention to the proper nutrition, which must include the right amount of proteins, vitamins, useful micronutrients, combined with the carbohydrates and fats. Strict diets with arthrosis (gonarthrosis) of the knee joint are prohibited. Take food in small portions, replacing the deep dishes with a small one.
It is recommended to thoroughly chew food – this will help to “mislead” the brain, which will quickly signal that the body is full. Nutritionists say that calorie intake is the most convenient way to maintain a normal body weight.
It is not recommended to allow fluctuations in blood glucose levels. When a person eats food that is rich in carbohydrates, the glucose level jumps dramatically. In the absence of physical exertion, the energy released by the body is not properly used, which makes the person grow fat. Also, the harm of sweets is also that after a sharp rise in sugar in the blood, it falls, and this provokes a feeling of hunger. Man again wants to eat, which he does.
Important: nutrition recommended by dietitians for arthrosis of the knee joint should be balanced. The interval between meals should be about three hours. To eat it is necessary in small portions that at an exit from behind a table, the person felt an easy feeling of hunger.
Also need to give up alcohol and tobacco, it is undesirable to drink coffee in large quantities. These substances aggravate the course of the disease, and sometimes seriously interfere with its treatment. Caffeine removes calcium from the cartilage, contributing to their destruction.
A very useful way to help the weakened joints is a fasting day, which needs to be arranged once a week. On this day, you can eat dairy products, vegetables and fruits.
Combining such days with traditional treatment gives a good effect in the healing process. Such a diet improves metabolic processes, reduces the burden on the knees and reduces pain in the joints.
Important aspects of the diet for those suffering from arthrosis:
- the diet should contain enough vitamins;
- you can not starve;
- food should be balanced;
- as few calories as possible;
- there should be small portions of 5-6 once a day;
- it is recommended to eat only cooked food and steamed;
- supper follows 2 hours before bedtime.
What is not recommended for eating with arthrosis of the knee
There are products that harm cartilage and joints. If they are often used for food, it can aggravate the course of arthrosis and significantly reduce the effect of treatment. First of all, you can not eat fast food and half-finished products, which contain a lot of preservatives and flavor enhancers. The same concerns a variety of “Doshiraks.” Such food contributes to the accumulation in the body of harmful substances, the excess of which settles in the tendons and joints.
Also it is not recommended to eat hot bread, baking, smoking. Nutritionists are advised to completely eliminate the acute, fatty, fried foods. The same applies to marinades, preservatives, mayonnaise, energy and carbonated drinks.
- cabbage (white cabbage), tomatoes, Bulgarian pepper;
- fat meat;
- sweet and sour fruits (citrus fruits, grapes);
- spices, condiments, sauces;
- smoked, canned, marinated products;
- fresh pastries and buns;
- chocolate, strong tea, coffee;
- alcohol, cigarettes;
- fast food, semi-finished products, “Doshiraki”.
If there is swelling, you need to discard salt. For example, salads can be filled with lemon juice. Diuretic products are shown: watermelons, cucumbers, apples, but it is not necessary to drink liquids less. Instead of black tea, you can drink green, and also pay attention to broths from diuretic herbs.
It is recommended to take 4-5 spoons of pomegranate juice every day or eat 10 grains of this fruit. He actively fights against arthrosis and relieves inflammation. Still showing bananas with potatoes that contain vitamin B. You can not fry potatoes, it’s best to bake them in foil.
A very important ingredient in the diet for osteoarthritis of the knee is green. For example, celery excellently removes salt from the body. Similar properties are given to parsley and sorrel. In addition, dishes sprinkled with herbs contain a considerable amount of vitamins.
- poultry meat (especially turkeys);
- linseed, sunflower unrefined, butter;
- fish, seafood;
- porridge (except for semolina and rice);
- carrots, cabbage, pumpkin;
- red pepper, turmeric, ginger;
- tinctures, decoctions, herbal tea.
Approximate menu for a day with gonarthrosis
Although there are some restrictions on diet for arthrosis of the knee, the diet is not so poor. Before breakfast, it is advisable to drink a glass of water, this will start the process of cleaning the intestines.
You can eat some fruit (any).
Suitable vegetable soup. The second – dishes from meat, fish, jelly, boiled potatoes, vegetables, both fresh and stewed. Black bread or white (“yesterday’s”).
At noon, it is recommended to eat some fruit, drink juice or compote. Suitable karkade, green tea with dried biscuits.
Vegetables stewed or fresh in the form of salad. Dishes from cottage cheese, vareniki, porridge. Potato dishes (any except fried). Dinner should be easy, so as not to encourage overweight.
Sample menu for the day list:
- Breakfast: oatmeal porridge is unsweetened and without salt, boiled egg, fruit juice (preferably not a store).
- The second breakfast: apples, bananas, a glass of yogurt.
- Lunch: meat or fish for a couple, stewed vegetables, tea without sugar.
- Afternoon snack: cheese cake, fruit juice.
- Dinner: vegetable salad, black bread, some fruit and tea without sugar.
- The second dinner is better without him, but you can get by with a glass of yogurt or ryazhenka.
Treatment of arthrosis means a balanced daily diet, which aims to reduce excess weight. Diet with this disease will slow down the feeling of hunger. Take food in small portions, chewing slowly. Medication along with a proper diet will help get rid of arthrosis of the knee joint.