Atrophic gastritis is a pathological process when the inflammation of the gastric mucosa is accompanied by the death of secretory cells. Gradually, food stops being fully absorbed, there is a shortage of nutrients in the body. As a result, the atrophy of the stomach cells is gradually reduced to the fact that other internal organs begin to suffer.
The clinical picture of the disease is frightening, given that in the absence of proper therapy, the disorder can initiate malignant tumors. To treat an atrophic gastritis it is possible and it is necessary. If signs of gastrointestinal disturbance are found, you will immediately need to see a doctor for diagnosis and diagnosis. Later, the doctor will appoint complex therapeutic measures: he will select the optimal diet and the necessary medications.
Diet with atrophic gastritis of the stomach acquires paramount importance in the treatment. It helps to moderate pain, “unloads” the work of the stomach, provides better assimilation of consumed products, speeding up recovery. Allocate general recommendations on nutrition under the described violation and particular nuances that result from the peculiarities of the course. Diet and medication treatment for the patient are decided by the attending physician on an individual basis.
At an atrophic gastritis of the stomach, gastroenterologists and nutritionists prescribe a special diet aimed at replenishing important nutrients for normal human activity, for normalizing the digestive system. The diet obeys certain principles of nutrition.
- Preferably cook the food with a steamer, boil, stew, bake.
- To take food is allowed only in the shredded form, so the food is better absorbed, and the stomach is released from the additional load.
- Meals occur in small portions, you need to eat quite often.
- Baking can not be used in a hot fresh form, exclusively dried.
- Kashi is better to cook on water than on milk basis.
- Soups cook on light broths, vegetables in them are strongly crushed and well cooked.
- It is necessary to have in the diet products containing vitamin C, stimulating an increase in the level of acidity of the stomach.
- On fruit, there is no ban, it is necessary to choose only ripe fruit, take care with citrus: their acid is able to act as a stimulus on the gastric mucosa.
Products approved by nutritionists:
- slightly hardened wheat bread, biscuits, crackers, dried biscuits;
- dietary versions of meat (beef, turkey, rabbit, chicken, tongue, pâté);
- low-fat fish (humpback salmon, pollock);
- boiled eggs, scrambled eggs;
- rice, buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal;
- cottage cheese, cheese, butter, sour-milk products containing a low level of fat content;
- vegetable oil;
- potatoes, cabbage, carrots, beets, pumpkin, cucumbers, tomatoes;
- fresh juices;
- honey, marmalade, marshmallow, pastille, fruit puree;
- not strong tea, cocoa, compote, kissel;
- fresh greens.
The diet provides for a strict ban in the menu for foods that are long digested, irritate the gastric mucosa, lead to a feeling of heaviness, pain, discomfort. These include:
- bread made of rye flour, buns;
- sausages, sausages;
- spicy, spicy, fried;
- barley, millet, barley;
- fatty meats (especially pork) and fish, bacon;
- smoked products;
- saturated broths, sour soups, okroshka;
- spicy sauces, mustard, horseradish;
- peas, beans, beans;
- fried eggs, hard-boiled eggs;
- drinks with gases, coffee.
Do not eat foods that include chemical constituents – sweeteners, stabilizers.
Of course, the ban applies to bad habits – alcohol and cigarettes are often the root cause of pathological changes.
Usually, these rules apply to all patients with atrophic gastritis, but to say exactly what is acceptable to eat and what is required to be excluded, the treating doctor is entitled.
Features of the diet for different types of atrophic gastritis
There are a number of types of atrophic gastritis, differing in features, recommendations for nutrition will also vary.
Chronic form of atrophic gastritis
If atrophic gastritis is diagnosed as chronic, it indicates that the gastric tissues on a permanent basis undergo pathological changes: the mucosa walls become thinner, a small amount of secretory fluid is released. In this case, the food becomes sparing in days of acute pain and during periods of remission. The main principle – food should stimulate the restoration of damaged cells, rather than traumatize to a greater extent.
According to the doctors’ unanimous opinion, a diet with chronic atrophic gastritis occupies an important place in the treatment, exacerbations are more likely to result from the fault of malnutrition. Provided it is not observed, even strong medications do not guarantee recovery.
With focal gastritis, lesions of individual gastric areas are recorded. Gastroenterologist appoints a variant of therapeutic nutrition, depending on the general condition of the gastric mucosa. First of all, in order to stop the processes of inflammation, improve the littering and stimulate the atrophied fragment to regenerate, doctors recommend to make adjustments in nutrition:
- before eating you need to drink medicinal mineral water, stimulating the secretory function;
- at the head of the permanent menu must be light vegetable soups, dietary meat. Welcome rice, barley, oatmeal, a variety of vegetables;
- except for the usual liquids, it is worth drinking tea from herbs that stimulate the regeneration of cells (for example, chamomile).
If phlebit atrophic gastritis is diagnosed with an increase in ph, the products that lower the secretion of the stomach are relevant in the menu. This includes enveloping dishes, vegetables in a pitted form, pasta from non-solid wheat varieties. Bananas, red apples, pears are allowed.
Diffuse atrophic gastritis
With diffuse gastritis, pathological changes occur in the functioning of the glands of the gastrointestinal tract, food products stimulating the secretory function of the stomach take on special importance in nutrition. The menu should include kashki, low-fat meat and fish dishes, a little sour-milk products, mineral water, broth of a dogrose. With this type of gastritis, you should carefully monitor the correct temperature of food.
Atrophic gastritis with low acidity
For the therapy of atrophic gastritis with low acidity, doctors prescribe the use of fresh vegetable juices (cabbage, potato, carrot) and salt-alkaline mineral water to the basic diet. These funds are consumed shortly before meals, triggering the work of the stomach.
An important point in the nutrition of patients with such ailment: food is shown for a long time and qualitatively chew.
With an atrophic gastritis with a low acidity, the daily menu is:
- scrambled eggs;
- meat and fish;
- baked and boiled vegetables;
- berry and fruit compotes and jelly, weak tea.
With gastritis with low acidity, treatment with such a diet has a beneficial effect on the general condition, stabilizes the secretion of the stomach and the work of the entire gastrointestinal tract as a whole.
Atrophic gastritis with high acidity
A large percentage of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, in which the ph level of the gastric environment is much higher than the norm, other recommendations will be relevant for such indicators.
With gastritis with high acidity, it is prescribed to remove from consumption products that promote the enhancement of the litter: onions, garlic, citrus, grapes, buns, rye bread, fatty dairy products. Include in the menu is useful:
- light soups;
- porridge from permitted cereals;
- crushed vegetables in ready form;
- meat and fish.
Antral atrophic gastritis
However, with severe pain, the diet is insufficient. Many people try to solve the problem with strong anesthetics, which is fundamentally wrong. Patients with pain syndrome to understand how to treat this manifestation of ailment should visit a nutritionist to adjust the diet.
Mucous soups, semi-liquid ground foods, a little meat and fish souffle are allowed.
When it is possible to moderate the pain syndrome, patients are allowed a more varied diet, but prohibits, for example, any meat broths, cucumbers, tomatoes, black tea.
Many people think that nutrition with atrophic gastritis consists only of restrictions and prohibitions, so the dishes are not versatile. In fact, even in this case the menu is made diverse and even attractive, not to mention the invaluable benefits. Here are some examples of how to eat a variety of foods, provided the diet is maintained.
- 1 breakfast. Buckwheat, biscuits, weak tea.
- 2 breakfast. Cheesecake for pair, cocoa.
- Dinner. Vegetable soup, steam cutlets, baked potatoes.
- Snack. Vareniki with cottage cheese, berry jelly.
- Dinner. Vegetable pilaf, not strong tea.
- Manna porridge, apple, broth of wild rose.
- Omelette for a couple.
- Soup noodles, steamed beef steamed, compote.
- Pumpkin puree.
- Boiled fish, cauliflower, biscuits.
- Oatmeal porridge, not strong tea.
- Pancakes, kissel.
- Ear, braised chicken breast.
- Kefir, a dry biscuit.
- Macaroni, steam cutlet.
- Rice porridge, banana, rose hips.
- Lazy vareniki, kissel.
- Soup with mashed chicken broth, boiled tongue.
- Natural yoghurt, croutons.
- Cottage cheese casserole.
- Buckwheat porridge, not strong tea.
- Soft-boiled egg, bread with low-fat cheese.
- Potato soup, steam meatballs.
- Gallet biscuits, kissel.
- Baked fish.
Before going to bed, you can drink a glass of low-fat milk, yogurt or kefir.
Treatment of atrophic gastritis often takes a lot of time. Practice shows that adherence to proper dietary nutrition significantly speeds up the process.