Diet for cirrhosis and diabetes
Of course, with diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cirrhosis, you should immediately change your diet. Our article offers you a unique diet, thanks to which you will get rid of ailments in the shortest possible time.
In addition, thanks to a special diet for the treatment of diabetes and cirrhosis, you will not only improve your health, but also be able to lose weight effectively. More details about the principles of a diet with an approximate menu and recipes will be discussed later.
Signs of cirrhosis and diabetes
Before treating diabetes and liver cirrhosis with a diet, let's look at what actually causes such diseases in our body.
- presence of infections or viruses;
- excessive use of alcohol;
- lack of protein and vitamins in the body;
- poisoning with chemicals contained in most products;
- excessive use of medications;
- presence of stones in the gallbladder or kidneys;
- the presence of benign tumors;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- formation of scars on the body after operations;
- inflammation of the biliary system;
- genetic-hereditary predisposition;
- presence of "parasites" in the body.
Also, the development of cirrhosis is facilitated by such diseases as hemochromatosis, Wilson-Konovalov's disease, tyrosinosis, glycogeneses and inadequate amount of alpha-NUMX-antitrypsin in the body.
Now let us pass directly to the study of possible causes of diabetes:
- frequent stressful situations;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- chronic diseases of the pancreas, liver or kidney;
- vascular insufficiency;
- arterial hypertension;
- reception of steroid hormones;
- decreased immunity;
Symptoms of diabetes manifest themselves as follows:
- chronic fatigue;
- a constant feeling of hunger;
- constant thirst for water;
- frequent urge to urinate;
- severe weight loss;
- long-lasting wounds;
- deterioration of vision;
- presence of vaginal infections in women;
- problems with sexual life in men;
- frequent numbness of the hands and feet and a feeling of slight tingling in their area.
What about explicit symptoms of cirrhosis, they are:
- sensations of heaviness in the liver;
- expansion of blood capillaries;
- high blood pressure;
- enlarged spleen;
- varicose veins of the esophagus;
- venous "mesh" in the abdomen;
- decrease in the amount of protein in the body;
- bleeding gums;
- causeless appearance of blood from the nose;
- stomach ache;
- darkening of urine.
Principles of diet in cirrhosis and diabetes
Consider the same, what should be your diet, while observing a diet to cure diabetes and cirrhosis. To begin with, you will necessarily have to give up harmful habits: smoking, alcohol, overeating, abuse of high-calorie foods and so on.
In order to get rid of the aforementioned diseases, strictly observe the following dietary rules:
- average daily calorie rate – from 2600 to 2800 Kcal;
- eat three times a day, in small portions;
- per day, if you follow a diet, you should drink at least two liters of purified still water;
- while following the above diet, it is recommended to eat the dishes in baked, boiled and steam form;
- when dieting for the purpose of treatment against cirrhosis of the liver and diabetes, try not to eat either too cold or too hot food, as this will greatly harm your intestines;
- for a diet with cirrhosis of the liver and diabetes mellitus, the products are preferably milled;
- with a diet to cure for cirrhosis and diabetes, try to include in the diet a lot of vegetables and fruits, enriched with fiber and vitamins, the body;
- Dairy products for this diet can only be used fat-free.
List of Prohibited and Permitted Products
Before making a detailed menu for the next week, let's consider which products are acceptable for diets with cirrhosis and diabetes:
- tea, cocoa, coffee;
- fruit compotes;
- black and white bread;
- low-fat dairy products: cottage cheese, sour cream, kefir, milk, yoghurt, cheese;
- pikeperch, pike;
- milk soups and cereals;
- buckwheat, oatmeal;
- fruits: bananas, pineapples, strawberries, apples, peaches, apricots;
- vegetables: courgettes, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplants, carrots, peppers;
Strictly forbidden in the diet menu for getting rid of diabetes and cirrhosis following products:
Menu for the week
Based on the above list of acceptable products, you can compile diet menu for the treatment of cirrhosis and diabetes for the coming week:
- Breakfast: oatmeal with cottage cheese and black unsweetened tea;
- Lunch: stewed tomatoes with pepper;
- Dinner: mashed potatoes, a glass of skimmed yogurt.
- omelette with herbs, apple compote;
- cream soup with vegetables and sour cream;
- baked fish and 140 d curd.
- semolina porridge with jam and green tea;
- salad of fruits and low-fat yogurt;
- 150 g of boiled chicken with steamed rice.
- boiled egg and toast with melted cheese, cocoa;
- soup puree from greens, cabbage and broccoli, 200 ml curdled milk;
- 2-3 boiled potatoes in a uniform, compote.
- oat flakes with milk and prunes;
- salad from boiled eggs and boiled potatoes;
- stewed cabbage – 200 g and a glass of apple compote.
- toast with cheese and unsweetened hot drink;
- curd casserole with fruit, orange juice;
- baked fish with vegetables and herbs – 300
- toast with jam and a cup of coffee;
- rice porridge on milk;
- 200 g of boiled chicken meat and apple.
The above menu for a diet for cirrhosis and diabetes can be varied by a mass of delicious and healthy dishes:
Charlotte from apples and pears for the treatment of cirrhosis and diabetes mellitus
Charlotte of apples and pears
Necessary products: two eggs, 4 apple, 2-3 pears, 300 r rye flour, a pinch of salt, half a bag of baking powder and a bit of cinnamon for flavor.
- beat the egg with flour using a whisk;
- add salt, cinnamon and baking powder;
peel the fruit;
Orange cheesecake for the treatment of cirrhosis and diabetes mellitus
Necessary products: 150 g oat flakes, 100 g apple puree, orange, 700 g fat-free cottage cheese, one egg, a teaspoon of cocoa and half a teaspoon of baking powder, a tablespoon of semolina.
- mix apple puree with oat flakes, egg whites, baking powder and cocoa;
- the resulting mass is cooked in an oven for 20 minutes, at a temperature of 180 degrees;
- boil an orange and grind it in a blender;
- mix the resulting mixture with the rest of the ingredients and send to the oven for one hour;
- before use, allow the dish to cool for 3-4 hours.
The following prescription diet is strictly designed to get rid of diabetes, because it does not contain anything sugar:
Sweeteners without sugar for diabetes
Sweeteners without sugar
Necessary products: half a kilo of cottage cheese, 150 ml of low-fat milk, a tablespoon of oatmeal, an egg and a small pinch of vanillin.
- mix all the products with a blender;
- distribute the resulting mass to molds;
- bake for 20 minutes, at a temperature of 180 degrees.
The aforementioned sweet dishes for the treatment of cirrhosis are recommended to be used when observing the diet 1-2 times a week.