Cirrhosis of the liver – proliferation of connective tissue of the body, as a result of which it ceases to function properly, to fully filter blood with toxins, metabolic products and allergens. The main reasons for the development of liver cirrhosis include: prolonged abuse of alcohol, as well as chronic or acute hepatitis. In most cases, this disease is incurable. Treatment of cirrhosis of the liver is aimed at facilitating the work of hepatocytes (the remaining liver cells) and improving the elimination of bile. In addition to drug treatment of liver cirrhosis, a special diet is needed, aimed at shaking the organ.
The essence of diet
With cirrhosis, the therapeutic diet 5 table is assigned to Pevzner, which, in combination with taking medications, helps restore the structure of the liver cells and slow the inflammation of the organ in the future.
The basic principles of the 5 diet for cirrhosis:
- Balanced nutrition, including proteins (90 gr per day), fats (90 gr per day) and carbohydrates (350 gr).
- Fractional power. Eat should be with liver cirrhosis often, at least 5-6 once a day in small portions;
- The total amount of food consumed per day should not exceed 3 kilograms or 2800 Kcal;
- Dishes with liver cirrhosis should be consumed only in a warm form. Excluded hot and cold dishes with a diet;
- Food should not be hard. Meat should be passed through a meat grinder, and then cook dishes from it. Porridges and mashed potatoes must be diluted with water or milk.
- The frying of dishes is excluded. Dishes can be boiled, stewed, steamed, less often baked.
- Vegetables (except carrots, cabbage, cucumbers and tomatoes) are necessary
- Eggs during a diet with cirrhosis of the liver are consumed only soft-boiled and not more than 1 per day. When preparing omelette, only protein is used.
- The amount of salt used should be reduced to 8 grams per day.
- Supper should be low-calorie during a diet with cirrhosis. Before going to bed it is allowed to drink a glass of low-fat fermented milk product (kefir, ryazhenka, yogurt).
- During the day, you need to drink plenty of fluids, at least 2 liters of clean water without gas. Allowed: decoctions of berries and herbs, weak tea, jelly, compotes.
Diet for cirrhosis of the liver with ascites (a disease in which the abdominal cavity accumulates fluid) involves limiting the diet of salt and liquid. Salt is recommended to be completely excluded from your diet, and the amount of consumed liquid should be reduced to 1 liters per day.
With biliary liver cirrhosis (a disease that has taken a chronic form) is recommended to adhere to the medical diet Table No. 5 according to MI Pevzner. The diet should be dominated by proteins and carbohydrates, and the amount of fat consumed is reduced by 30%. The caloric content of the daily diet of the diet for cirrhosis should vary within 2500 – 3000 Kcal.
With cirrhosis of the liver in the stage of decompensation there are violations in the neutralization of ammonia. With this disease in the diet menu, protein intake is sharply reduced to 20 grams per day. If for a long time adherence to the medical diet Table 5 for Pevzner is not observed a positive trend, the protein products from the diet should be removed completely.
Diet diet for cirrhosis and hepatitis C is balanced in such a way that the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates should be 1: 1: 4. 60% of the daily protein norm should be proteins of animal origin. 20% of the total amount of fats is given by vegetable, containing polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Diet for cirrhosis and diabetes mellitus assumes a complete exclusion from the diet of sugar, acceptable in medical nutrition Table No. 5. Food should be balanced and directed to stop the progress of the disease. It is especially important to strictly follow the diet Table No. 5 for cirrhosis of the liver to women, because the course of the disease of the fair sex is different from men and often takes place in a more severe form.
Permitted and Prohibited Products
Diet 5 with cirrhosis of the liver – allowed products:
- Low-fat varieties of meat (rabbit, beef, veal);
- Low-fat varieties of poultry (turkey, chicken);
- Low-fat fish (hake, pike, pollock, crucian carp);
- Dairy and sour-milk products (unsalted cheeses, cottage cheese, kefir, sour cream);
- Vegetables (zucchini, potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots);
- Dried bread (rye, whole-grain);
- Macaroni products from durum wheat;
- Fruits and berries;
- Cereals and cereals;
- Eggs (no more than 1 pcs per day);
- Marmalade, jam, pastille;
- Salt (not more than 7-8 gr per day).
From drinks with a diet Table 5 allowed: kissels, compotes, freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices, smoothies, decoctions of rosehips, weak tea. It is necessary to drink at least 1,5-2 liters of still water a day.
Diet 5 table with liver cirrhosis – Prohibited foods:
- Filled fish, meat and mushroom broths;
- Fatty grades of meat (pork, lamb);
- Fatty varieties of poultry (goose, duck);
- Pork, beef, mutton, fish oil;
- Salty fish;
- Canned food;
- Smoked meat;
- Semi-finished products;
- Spicy vegetables (onion, garlic, radish);
- Condiments and spices;
- Margarine, ice cream;
- Chocolate and chocolate sweets;
- Coffee and cocoa;
- Alcoholic and carbonated drinks.
Menu for the week
Diet for cirrhosis: an approximate menu for a week (breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner):
- Milk soup with vermicelli;
- Baked apple;
- Mashed potatoes. Steam cutlets from turkey;
- 2 piece of cheese;
- Stewed rabbit with vegetables.
- Pumpkin porridge;
- A glass of yogurt;
- Vegetable soup. 2 slices of dried whole-wheat bread. Hake fillet steamed;
- Orange juice;
- Stewed cabbage. Chicken meatballs.
- Cheesecakes with sour cream;
- Tomato juice;
- Buckwheat. Meatballs in sour cream sauce. Salad from grated carrots;
- 1 soft-boiled egg;
- Pasta with cheese.
- Buckwheat porridge on milk;
- Toast with cheese;
- Potato casserole;
- Broth from a dogrose;
- Ground cottage cheese with dill, seasoned with natural yoghurt.
- Rice pudding;
- Mashed potatoes. Fish meatballs;
- A glass of curdled milk;
- Buckwheat. Steam cutlets from veal. Cabbage salad.
- Oatmeal porridge with berries;
- Compote. Toast;
- Cream of spinach soup with croutons. Steam cutlets from beef;
- A glass of fermented baked milk;
- Boiled fish. Greek salad".
- Cottage cheese casserole;
- Berry fruit drink;
- Mashed potatoes. Rabbit, stewed in sour cream sauce. Cucumber tomato;
- Medallions of veal. Squash Cavier.
Recipes for the treatment of liver cirrhosis:
Milk soup with vermicelli
Milk soup with vermicelli
- Bring the milk to boil, add salt and sugar.
- Pour into the milk vermicelli, stirring occasionally to avoid lumps.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Before serving, sprinkle the milk soup with butter and mix thoroughly.
Milk soup with vermicelli perfectly fits as a nutritious breakfast during a diet with cirrhosis of the liver.
- Pumpkin is peeled from the peel and seeds, cut into small pieces in an arbitrary shape.
- We throw the pieces of pumpkin in a saucepan, pour water, boil 15 minutes on fire until ready.
- Drain the water, crush the pumpkin on the blender until the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Pour pumpkin puree with milk, put on fire, bring to a boil.
- We add sugar, raisins, butter and millet.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes until cooked, stirring occasionally.
Turn on your diet menu for cirrhosis of pumpkin porridge for breakfast or dinner.
- Potatoes are peeled, boiled in salted water until cooked.
- Mnem the potatoes to the consistency of mashed potatoes, adding to it milk and egg.
- Onions are peeled, cut into cubes, passaged on a heated frying pan with vegetable oil until golden.
- Add the fried onion to the minced meat, salt, mix.
- Form for baking oil, spread on it half of the potatoes, ramming.
- On top of the potatoes lay out the mince, then the remaining potatoes.
- We pour the sour cream and send it to the preheated oven to 180 degrees, bake for 45 minutes until it is ready.
Diversify the menu of your diet Table 5 with cirrhosis of a liver potato casserole with meat.
- Fish fillet 500 gr;
- Rice boiled 1 glass;
- Egg 1 pcs;
- Onions 1 pcs;
- Tomato paste 2 st. l .;
- Water 1,5 glass;
- Scroll through the meat grinder fish along with the peeled onion and boiled rice.
- Add the minced egg, tomato paste, salt to taste. Stir well until smooth.
- Form small meatballs in the form of balls, put them into shape.
- Pour in the multivark water, place the form with meatballs, cook for a couple for 30 minutes.
Fish meatballs are an easy and at the same time tasty dish that can be served both with mashed potatoes and with pasta during a diet with cirrhosis of the liver.
- Long grain rice 200 gr;
- Orange peel;
- Lemon zest;
- Sugar 50 gr;
- Butter 60 gr;
- Milk 630 ml;
- Cream 300 ml;
- Pour the raisins with steep boiling water, leave to swell for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly, send it to a saucepan. Add the crushed peel of lemon and orange to the rice.
- In the tank mix the cream, butter, milk. Add rice to the dairy sauce with citrus peel, steamed raisins, vanilla and cinnamon, mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Form the baking grease with butter, pour the dough into it. To send to bake in an oven preheated to 160 degrees on 15 minutes. After a quarter of an hour, mix the pudding, leave to bake in the oven for an additional 40 minutes.
Rice pudding is perfect for breakfast or snack while dieting. Table No. 5 diet for cirrhosis.
With cirrhosis of the liver, it is necessary to follow the medical diet Table No. 5 throughout life, since it is impossible to completely cure this disease. The therapeutic diet will help to prolong the stage of remission. Soup, liquid cereal, vegetables and sweet fruits, dairy and sour-milk products, lean meats, poultry and fish should predominate in the diet.
With an exacerbation of cirrhosis of the liver, it is necessary to switch to a medical diet Table 5. The main difference between the 5 diet and liver cirrhosis is the reduction of fat intake to 80 grams per day, as well as salt. With a strong symptomatology, it is necessary to reduce fats in your diet to 50 g per day, and salt is completely excluded. The permitted and prohibited foods during the exacerbation period remain the same as in the remission phase of the diet Table 5 for cirrhosis.