Diabetes mellitus is a serious disease associated with metabolic disorders, as well as non-absorption of glucose, which affects the lack of natural production of the hormone insulin by the body. With diabetes mellitus 2 type, the cause of which is obesity, a balanced, low-calorie diet is the main method of treatment, which must be adhered to throughout life. With diabetes 1 type (medium and severe form of the disease), the diet is combined with drug treatment, insulin injection or drugs that reduce sugar levels.
The right diet for diabetes mellitus
In diabetes, you must follow a strict diet, aimed at eliminating the consumption of sugar-containing foods (light carbohydrates) in the diet.
During the diet, sugar is replaced with analogues: saccharin, aspartame, xylitol, sorbitol and fructose.
With diabetes mellitus 1 type The diet is auxiliary and allows you to monitor blood glucose levels by eliminating simple carbohydrates from the menu. The diet should be dominated by proteins and fats, complex carbohydrates in moderation.
Diabetes mellitus 2 type occurs as a result of excess weight and obesity. In this diet is the main method of its treatment. Low-calorie and low-carbohydrate diet contributes to weight loss, normalization of blood sugar levels.
Eat with a diet should be divided, at least 5 once a day in small portions. Products are used in raw, cooked, stewed, steamed. If necessary, baking dishes is allowed. It is shown to combine a diet with daily physical exertion to achieve an early result.
What can and can not be?
Diabetes diet – what you can, and what not to eat in your diet is a fundamental factor.
It is allowed to eat in the diet menu for diabetes:
- Low-fat meat and poultry: beef, veal, rabbit, chicken, turkey;
- Low-fat fish: pike-perch, pike, carp, hake, pollock;
- Soups: vegetable, mushroom, fat-free broth;
- Porridge: oatmeal, millet, barley, pearl barley, buckwheat;
- Vegetables: cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplants, carrots, beets, cabbage;
- Legumes: peas, beans, lentils;
- Unsweetened fruits: apples, pears, plums, grapefruits, kiwi, oranges, lemons;
- Chopped and rye bread. Yesterday's wheat bread from flour 2 grade;
- Nuts, dried fruits;
- Vegetable and fruit juices, fruit drinks, decoctions of berries, teas.
It is necessary to exclude from the diet at a diabetes:
- Sugar, sweets, ice cream, chocolate;
- Baked and baked pastry;
- Fatty meat: pork, lamb, duck, goose;
- Fatty varieties of fish: mackerel, saury, eel, herring, carp;
- Fried, smoked, pickled dishes;
- Cream, sour cream, butter;
- Carbonated and alcoholic drinks.
Menu for the week
Menu for a week for diets with diabetes (breakfast, snacks, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner):
- Natural yoghurt. Rye bread
- Vegetable soup. Boiled turkey fillet
- Meat Pudding
- Pumpkin puree
- Pike perch for a couple. Beet Salad
- Skimmed milk
- Rabbit Stewed with Vegetables
- Jelly from the currant
- Kefir 1%
- Cream-soup from turkey
- Tomato juice
- Cutlets from beef steamed. Cabbage salad
- Muesli with honey
- Chicken broth with slices of fillet
- Trout is kingly
- Berry fruit drink
- Veal roll. Cucumbers, tomatoes
- Ear from pike
- Unsalted cheese of a firm grade
- Jelly from the rabbit. Greenery
- Baked zucchini
- Beef stew with zucchini and tomatoes
- Soft-boiled egg
- Skimmed milk
- Chicken meatballs. Eggplant caviar
Recommendations for pregnant women
Increase in blood sugar during pregnancy is not called sugar, but gestational diabetes. This type of diabetes passes right after delivery, in contrast to the regular, which was before pregnancy. Gestational type affects fetal hypoxia (lack of oxygen). Also, the high sugar level in the mother's blood affects the large size of the fetus, which can affect the difficulties during childbirth.
With a mild type, gestational diabetes mellitus passes asymptomatically.
In medium and severe cases, there are: strong thirst and hunger, abundant and frequent urination, blurred vision. All possible risks can be reduced through physical activity, as well as a balanced diet.
The menu of the diet of pregnant women with diabetes is aimed at maintaining the blood sugar (before and after eating). The peculiarity of the diet with a diet is the exclusion of simple carbohydrates (sweets, sweets), reducing to 50% of consumption in the menu of complex carbohydrates (vegetables and fruits). 50% of the diet should be proteins and fats during a diet during pregnancy.
Features of a diet for diabetes type 2
The diet for diabetes mellitus 2 type is low-calorie. The main cause of this form of diabetes is overeating and, as a consequence, obesity. Reducing daily caloric content and balancing your menu can effectively reduce weight. The basic principle of this diet, which is also called the 9 Table, is the correct calculation of the daily requirement for proteins, fats and carbohydrates. In this case, the daily diet is dominated by proteins, the consumption of fats is limited and carbohydrates are minimized.
Diabetes mellitus 2 type: diet and treatment are interrelated. The main goal is to stabilize carbohydrate metabolism. With diabetes of 2 type, it is necessary to observe a low carbohydrate diet throughout life, and therefore its menu should not only be useful and balanced, but also diverse. When compiling a daily diet, the sex, age and physical activity of a particular person are taken into account to calculate the caloric value.
Diabetes mellitus 2 type in the diet allowed the following products:
- Postal beef, veal, rabbit, chicken;
- Rye, bran bread. Wheat bread only from 2 grade of flour;
- Soups: vegetable, mushroom, from low-fat varieties of fish;
- Low-fat varieties of fish boiled and steamed;
- Egg white (2 pcs per week);
- Low-fat cheese, natural yogurt, low-fat milk, sour-milk products;
- Cereals: millet, buckwheat, barley, pearl barley, oats;
- Vegetables (used in raw, cooked and baked form): cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, pumpkin, cabbage;
- Unsweetened fruits and berries: apple, pear, grapefruit, kiwi;
- Compotes, mousses, jelly on saccharin or sorbitol;
- Berry decoctions, vegetable and fruit juices, tea.
Prohibited products in the menu for diabetes mellitus 2 type:
- Fatty varieties of meat and broths of them (pork, lamb, duck, goose);
- Sausages, bacon, smoked meat;
- Fatty varieties of fish, as well as caviar, canned fish, smoked and salted fish;
- Cream, butter, cottage cheese, sweet cheese, salty cheese;
- White rice, pasta, semolina;
- Baking from butter and puff pastry (biscuits, pies, cookies);
- Beans, peas, pickles, pickled vegetables;
- Sugar, sweets, jam;
- Bananas, figs, dates, grapes, strawberries;
- Lemonades, carbonated drinks, juices with high glucose content.
Diet 9 for diabetes mellitus 2 type – menu for a week (breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner:
- Natural yoghurt
- Beef medallions. Cucumbers, pepper
- Barley porridge
- Vegetable soup
- Low-fat cheese
- Carp baked with vegetables
- Soft-boiled egg
- Hake broth with fish pieces
- Rabbit stewed with onions and carrots
- Skim cheese. Egg white
- Skimmed milk
- Mushroom soup
- Pike perch for a couple. Puree from eggplant
- Millet porridge
- Chicken bouillon
- Jelly from the currant
- Boiled chicken breast. Salad "Vitamin"
- Pearl barley
- Lenten soup
- Skimmed milk
- Alaska pollack in its own juice. Tomatoes cucumbers
- Natural yoghurt. Egg white
- Pumpkin porridge
- Veal steak steamed. Salad from white cabbage
Recipes for diet for diabetes:
Vegetables are mine. We cut into circles tomatoes and zucchini. Pepper is purified from seeds, cut into slices. We spread vegetables through the row. Solim, pepper. Whisk the milk with the egg, water the sauce with vegetables. Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. We take the casserole, sprinkle with grated cheese and send it back to the oven for 5 minutes. Ready casserole can be decorated with greens before serving.
Observing a diet for diabetes, diversify your diet with casserole from courgettes.
Grind the meat and onions in a blender, fry them in a frying pan 5 minutes. We add eggs, nut crumbs, eggs, salt to taste. Stir until a homogeneous mass is obtained. Lubricate the form with vegetable oil, lay out the minced meat. Bake in a preheated oven for 50 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle pudding with herbs (dill, parsley).
Try exquisite meat pudding for dinner during a diet with diabetes.
We clean the pumpkin from seeds and peel. We cut into cubes, send it to a pan, fill it with water and cook it. Cook on low heat for 30 minutes. We merge water, transform the finished pumpkin into puree, salt to taste.
With diabetes it is recommended to eat pumpkin porridge in your diet. Include this simple, but satisfying dish in the menu of your diet for breakfast.
Trout is kingly
We clean trout, removing scales, insides and gills. We make 2 notch on each side on the sides. We lay the foil on a baking sheet, water the fish with lemon juice from all sides. We rub the fish with salt and chopped dill. Peel the onion from the peel, pepper from the seeds. We cut tomatoes and zucchini with mugs, onions and peppers in half rings. Spread the vegetables on the fish, pour a small amount of vegetable oil. Bake the trout in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until cooked.
The trout have a surprisingly gentle taste. Include this dish in your diet while dieting with diabetes.
Jelly from the currant
Beat 200 grams of red currant on a blender. In 250 ml of warm, purified water, we dissolve gelatin (a packet of 25 g). Mix with whipped currant, add a few fresh berries, mix. We pour out the forms and leave the jelly to cool in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
Include in your diet menu as a dessert of jelly from the currant in diabetes mellitus.