The condition of pregnancy when carbohydrate metabolism is disturbed is called gestational diabetes. The pancreas of a woman is experiencing an overload. If she can not cope with the task, then too little insulin is produced, as a result, blood glucose levels rise. To correct the patient’s condition, you should follow a diet.
Proper nutrition of pregnant women with gestational diabetes
The disease, as a rule, is detected not earlier than 28 weeks of pregnancy and can provoke fetal development disorders, so you can not try to hide its symptoms. The doctor must make an analysis for glucose tolerance and then prescribe a treatment. He will recommend a woman a list of foods that she should eat better. A pregnant girl with gestational diabetes should make her diet with such advice:
- We must follow the fractional power regime. In the daily diet should include three main meals and snack – with the same time intervals between them.
- The diet for pregnancy and gestational diabetes is designed to ensure that the ratio of carbohydrates, proteins, and fat consumed per day is 50: 35: 15.
- Water for a day requires drinking one and a half to two liters.
- Diet in gestational diabetes mellitus pregnant and elevated levels of sugar implies a complete rejection of digestible and simple carbohydrates.
- Dairy products should not be used in the morning.
- The diet requires a complete rejection of sugar, honey.
- On a diet with gestational diabetes mellitus, pregnant women should make a diet so that per day per kilogram of weight consume 35-40 kcal.
- In one meal, do not combine hydrocarbon and protein products.
What you can eat with diabetes
There are certain products that are useful for using in case of a disease. What you can eat with diabetes:
- raw or boiled vegetables (excluding carrots, potatoes);
- sour berries: blueberries, strawberries, strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, currants;
- fruits: grapefruits, apples, plums, pears, apricots, peaches;
- cereals, with the exception of mango;
- Rye bread;
- meat, cooked with a minimum amount of butter: the best kinds – chicken, beef, turkey, liver (the minimum amount of lean pork is acceptable);
- river and sea fish: cod, pink salmon, herring, perch, capelin, carp, pollock, sardine, mackerel, whiting;
- caviar, shrimp;
- chicken eggs;
- cheese, cottage cheese, some milk;
- mushrooms, beans, greens.
What you can not eat with diabetes
Diet of a pregnant woman requires a complete rejection of such products:
- semi-finished products;
- semolina porridge;
- jam, jam;
- products from white flour (bakery, macaroni);
- sweet drinks;
- dates, persimmons, bananas, figs, grapes, sweet apples, melons;
- confectionery products;
- fruit juices;
- sweeteners and products with their content;
- butter (significantly limit).
It is very important for women to determine which diabetic diet will be preferred. Observe the low-carb doctor will be banned because the body starts to consume energy from the fat stock. Suitable mode of nutrition with a high carbohydrate content, moderate – proteins. The quantity of consumed unsaturated fats should be limited, and saturated – to exclude. Familiarize yourself with the features of the two recommended power systems.
Half of the daily diet should be carbohydrates. Most of them are contained in sweet foods, honey, which on a diet with gestational diabetes mellitus are contraindicated or restricted at all. Ensure the intake of the required amount of carbohydrates will help the use of legumes, vegetables, cereals, black bread. We must eat foods rich in fiber: brown rice, linseed, bran.
Necessarily need to lean on fresh vegetables of yellow and green colors. Eat lots of spinach, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers. To preserve the maximum amount of useful substances, they are not recommended to be salted or seasoned with oils and sauces. Be sure to eat fruits, especially citrus fruits. This is extremely important with a deficiency of vitamin C, which complicates the course of diabetes of the gestational type.
Protein ration of a pregnant woman
The protein helps the body to convert carbohydrates into useful and well-digestible molecules. In the diurnal diet, he should occupy 35%. At least two meals during pregnancy are required to include protein foods. This is necessary for the physical health of both mother and future child. Hints:
- A diet for a pregnant woman allows you to eat low-fat cottage cheese, natural yogurt, milk. In such products is incredibly a lot of useful protein.
- Be sure to study the recipes and prepare meals with beef, veal, chicken.
- Eat a lot of fish of sea or river origin. The main thing that it was low-fat varieties. Make dishes from carp, pink salmon, perch, mackerel, herring, capelin, pollock. Meat and fish are allowed to cook, bake, soar, but fry is forbidden.
- Add to your diet shrimp, eggs, legumes, greens, in all these products – a mass of useful protein.