Treatment of gout, if it occurs when the first signs of the disease appear, goes without complications, and gout attacks become more rare or not repeated at all.
The main component of treatment, in addition to anti-inflammatory therapy, is a special diet for gout legs.
The meaning of the diet is that by using certain foods that come with food, you can regulate the intake of purine bases and uric acid.
The diet with gout of the feet attached great importance. It has three goals:
- The withdrawal of accumulated uric acid.
- Do not exacerbate gout with foods that contain a lot of uric acid.
- Recovery of the body due to vitamins.
The latter function is especially important for general well-being, since gout causes calcium washing out of the body.
Joints are destroyed due to a lack of trace elements. The basis in the form of the right amount of vitamins, fats, carbohydrates, proteins guarantees high immunity, protection against all diseases, including the development of gout.
The vitamins of groups B and C are especially important. The first play an important role in the matter of cell regeneration, and the latter confront the inflammatory focus, preventing it from spreading.
When appointing a diet should not be guided by your own opinion, since most people do not understand how much uric acid is contained in certain products.
In this matter, it is better to trust a rheumatologist. A skillfully selected diet will not only stop the gouty attack, but also refuse many medications.
The best results are achieved with a combination of proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle, which includes physical exercise and the rejection of bad habits.
During the relapse of the disease, it is necessary to choose products more carefully. Diet with exacerbation of gout completely excludes products of animal origin.
Of these, only dairy are allowed. But the basis of the diet at this time are vegetables, fruits, cereals.
It is also very important to know how to prepare them.
During the exacerbation of gout, the food should be mostly liquid. You need to eat vegetable soups, liquid cereals, drink compotes, kissels, juices, herbal decoctions. It would be nice to spend one full day without food, only to drink mineral water, juices or compotes.
In the future, a few days to adhere to about this diet:
- 100-150 g cooked meat;
- 500 ml of milk;
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil;
- 30 g cheese;
- half a cup of cereals;
- serving of mashed potatoes;
- fresh or stewed vegetables;
- fresh fruit or fruit juice;
- 3-4 a piece of bread, best of all-grain;
- 2-4 a spoonful of sugar or honey.
This is a set of products for one day. They can be arranged at will, dividing into 4-5 meals.
The basis of the diet should be vegetables and fruits, dairy products, cereals, juices
An exemplary menu for gout on the legs is made by the doctor taking into account the patient’s state of health. Usually when you first contact a medical institution with this problem, the patient gets recommendations to follow the diet.
This is a therapeutic food for urolithiasis. The duration of such a diet is usually 1-2 a month, then you need to follow a diet of maintenance food.
Diet with gout on the legs implies a complete exclusion from the diet of foods rich in purines or oxalic acid. The use of salt, animal proteins and fats is limited.
The basis of this diet is dairy and sour-milk products, cereals, soups, vegetables, fruits. It implies the use of a large amount of liquid.
Let’s start with the general dietary rules for gout on the legs:
- It is necessary to distinguish between diets in the period of paroxysms and without exacerbation. All permitted products are recorded in the table below and are divided by disease periods.
- Unloading days are mandatory, with a frequency of once every three days. These days there should be only sour-milk or fruit-vegetable dishes.
- Drinking should be abundant: up to 3 L of liquid per day.
- Power – fractional, up to 5 once a day. Remember: you can not overeat.
- It is necessary to exclude alcohol.
During the period of exacerbation, all meat dishes are excluded from the diet. The first two days are given preference to liquid porridge and vegetable puree. From the third day you can add fat-free cottage cheese, kefir and fruit dishes. Drink better mineral water
Here’s the approximate menu:
- liquid oatmeal with milk;
- carrot juice;
- soup puree from vegetables, jelly;
- oatmeal porridge on milk, compote;
- before going to bed – kefir.
Diet for gout during an exacerbation is important to reduce the amount of uric acid in the body. A feature of nutrition is the exclusion of prohibited foods from the diet (that is, rich in purines). Food is often taken in small portions. Meals should be balanced.
Certain foods with increased purine content are prohibited:
- Red meat and red varieties of fish, canned food, offal.
- Alcohol (even beer) and beverages containing caffeine.
- Grapes, figs.
- Beans, cauliflower.
When gout is recommended, use:
- Bread is coarse.
- Rice, millet, buckwheat, vegetable oils.
- Potatoes, carrots.
- Fruit, berries, jelly.
- Dietary meat.
- Sour cream, yogurt.
- Drink from berries and mineral water.
This list of permitted and prohibited products is incomplete. Therefore, it is better to consult a doctor about what you can eat, and what you will have to refuse.
First of all, diet with gout on the legs implies a certain diet. The day must be 4 food intake.
You can not tolerate overeating or starvation. It should be noted that patients with excess fat should not overly concentrate on losing weight, as a sharp loss of kilograms can trigger an attack.