Healthy, thick and shiny hair – the dream of all the fair sex. For the care of hair, many girls and women regularly use advertised shampoos, balms, hair masks. However, often the desired result does not justify the money spent, the hair remains dry and brittle, split at the ends, and in the cold season it falls off completely. In this case, without a proper diet, aimed at enriching the body with the necessary vitamins to strengthen and grow hair, you can not do.
Causes of hair loss
According to statistics, every third woman in the world suffers from the problem of hair loss at various ages. Hair is an indicator of health, and therefore primarily suffer (especially drop out and fade) in the presence of diseases of internal organs. In this case, you should seek advice from a therapist and trichologist, as well as complete diagnosis of the body.
The main reason for dryness, fragility and hair loss in the absence of serious diseases is not at all as a hair care product, but in the deficiency of vitamins in the body, namely: zinc, iron, silicon, Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B and C. The fact that the body primarily provides vitamins all vital organs, because with malnutrition worsens the condition of hair, which lacks nutrients. In this case, without a proper diet, aimed at enriching the body with the necessary vitamins to strengthen and grow hair, no means of care will help.
There are other factors that affect the deterioration of the hair:
- Hormonal changes in the body – during puberty, during pregnancy, in the postpartum period, with menopause.
- Side effect after taking medications.
- Disturbances and changes in the endocrine and nervous systems of the body, which can be caused by frequent stresses, chronic fatigue, prolonged depressive condition.
- Avitaminosis – seasonal hair loss caused by a lack of vitamins in the body.
- Malnutrition, compliance with the mono diet for weight loss.
- Sharp change in the temperature regime (hypothermia, frequent use of a hair dryer, tongs, ironing for straightening curls).
- Fashionable hairstyles (African braids, dreadlocks, perm, hair extensions).
Essence of a diet for strengthening hair
Proper nutrition – a pledge of hair health, their strengthening, recovery and growth, that's why it is so important to follow a diet. The diet consists in the daily use of products containing vitamins and microelements necessary for strengthening and growth of hair. Eat often, at least 5 once a day, but in small portions. The break between meals should not be more than 3 hours. During the diet it is important to observe the water balance by drinking at least 1,5-2 liters of still water every day.
Diet in hair loss in women includes the following nutrients in the diet:
- Proteins – taking part in the formation of keratin and collagen (meat, fish, eggs, poultry, legumes, nuts);
- Fatty acids – maintain a hormonal balance that affects the thickness of the hair (sunflower, corn oil);
- Vitamin A – retinol – vitamin hair growth (sour cream, butter, liver, fish oil);
- Vitamin C – an antioxidant, which contributes to the production of collagen (citrus, dog rose, currant);
- B group vitamins (especially B12) – affect skin renewal and hair growth (fish, seafood, meat, yeast, seeds, nuts);
- Iron – affects the color of the skin, the shine of hair (game, legumes, egg yolks);
- Zinc – prevents brittle hair (seeds, cereals, seafood).
Food for strengthening the hair is different, depending on their type:
- Broken and dry hair – in the diet menu must prevail foods rich in fatty acids (fatty fish, nuts, avocados, cereals, olives). Every day should drink at least 2 liters of water without gas, as well as green tea.
- Fatty – In the diet menu, foods enriched with vitamin B (vegetables, greens, legumes, eggs, nuts, cereals, dairy products) should predominate, as its shortage also disrupts fat metabolism in the skin.
- Unattractive and dull – In the diet menu, products containing zinc (pumpkin seeds, almonds, bananas, avocados, dairy products) should predominate.
Strict restrictions in the diet are not, based on the recommended products and your own preferences you can make a daily menu. The effective result (strengthening, shine and hair growth) will be noticeable after 2-3 month of compliance with the diet.
Permitted and Prohibited Products
Diet for hair strengthening and growth – allowed products:
- Fish (especially the salmon family) and seafood (contain polyunsaturated Omega-3 acids, iron, vitamin B12);
- Chicken and turkey (sources of protein, which helps to accelerate growth and strengthen hair);
- Milk and dairy products (rich in calcium);
- Eggs (contain vitamin D12 and biotin);
- Whole-grain bread and flakes (contain iron, zinc, B vitamins);
- Beans (contain biotin, iron, zinc);
- Nuts (rich in selenium, zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids);
- Green vegetables – spinach, broccoli, celery (are natural hair conditioners that eliminate the dryness of the scalp, thanks to the content of calcium, iron, vitamins A and C).
- Carrots (rich in vitamin A).
The diet menu should also include: various cereals (rice, buckwheat, oatmeal), vegetables (cabbage, beets, peppers), greens (dill, parsley, coriander), fruits and berries (citrus fruits, raspberries, apples, pears, peaches) dried fruits (raisins, dried apricots, prunes). Occasionally, with a diet, you can pamper yourself with bitter chocolate, marmalade, marshmallow. From drinks with a diet, in addition to still water, are allowed: fruit and vegetable juices, compotes, tea (green, herbal). The use of sugar is recommended to minimize, sweetening drinks with natural honey.
Prohibited foods with diet:
- Butter buns;
- Flour and bakery products from wheat flour of the highest quality;
- Fatty grades of meat (pork, lamb);
- Semi-finished products;
- Fast food;
- Canned food, marinades and smoked products;
- Fat cheese;
- Fatty sauces;
- Sweets and sweet desserts;
- Coffee, strong black tea;
- Carbonated drinks;
- Alcoholic beverages.
Complex of vitamins for hair
To strengthen and grow hair is not enough to comply with a diet alone, you must additionally take a complex of vitamins to achieve the desired effect in the shortest time.
Vitamin complexes for strengthening and growth of hair at a diet:
- "Aevit" – consists of vitamins A and E. Take one capsule of 1 once a day. The admission course lasts 30-40 days.
- "Pentovit" is a complex of vitamins of group B (B1, B3, B6, B9, B12). Take 3 once a day on an 1-2 tablet after a meal. The duration of the course of taking the drug is 1 a month.
- "Pantovigar" is a complex of vitamins. Take 1 tablet 3 once a day with meals. The course duration is 6 months.
- "Revalid" – contains zinc, iron, copper. Take 1 capsule 3 once a day before or during meals. The course duration is 2-3 months.
- "Nagypol" – dietary supplements containing brewer's yeast, rich in vitamin B. Take 1 tablet 3 times a day for 10 minutes before meals. Course duration from 7 days to 2 months.
Menu for healthy hair
Diet for strengthening hair – an approximate menu for a week (breakfast, snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner):
- Muesli with dried fruits;
- Bouillon. 2 a piece of whole grain bread. Slightly salted salmon;
- A glass of yogurt;
- Carrot cutlets. Rocket salad.
- Cheesecakes with sour cream;
- Green apple;
- Ear from salmon. 2 a piece of whole grain bread;
- A handful of nuts;
- Chicken fillet, baked in the oven with broccoli and spinach.
- Buckwheat porridge with milk;
- Fruit salad;
- Chicken soup with rusks;
- Prunes stuffed with nuts;
- Fish cutlets for a couple. Salad from grated carrots.
- Cottage cheese pudding with raisins;
- A glass of yogurt;
- Broccoli cream soup. 2 a piece of whole grain bread. Boiled turkey fillet;
- Grilled salmon steak. Greek salad".
- Oatmeal with nuts and dried fruits;
- Natural yogurt with greens;
- Soup with meatballs. 2 a piece of whole grain bread;
- Orange juice;
- Pink salmon baked in the oven with vegetables.
- Omelette from two eggs. 2 a piece of low-fat cheese;
- Broth with croutons. The vinaigrette;
- A handful of nuts;
- Baked potatoes 2 pcs. Vegetable salad with seafood.
- Pumpkin porridge with milk;
- A glass of fermented baked milk;
- Cream soup of celery. 2 a piece of whole grain bread. Steam cutlets from beef;
- Mashed potatoes. Fish meatballs. Cabbage salad.
Vegetable salad with seafood
Vegetable salad with seafood
- Cocktail of seafood frozen 500 gr;
- Tomato red 1 pcs;
- Tomato yellow 1 pcs;
- Leaves of lettuce 2-3 pcs;
- Olive oil 2-3;
- Salt pinch.
- Leave salad leaves with cold water and leave for an hour in order to remove the bitterness from them.
- Wash tomatoes, dry, cut into cubes.
- Seafood cocktail in boiling water, cook for 7 minutes. Strain, cool.
- On a plate lay out lettuce leaves, then seafood and sliced tomatoes.
- Salt, season salad with olive oil, gently mix.
Vegetable salad with seafood is a healthy and nutritious dish, which is recommended for inclusion in the diet menu for dinner.
Ear from salmon
- Salmon fillet 200 gr;
- Potatoes 3 pcs;
- Carrots 1 pcs;
- Onions 1 pcs;
- Greens to taste;
- Salt pinch;
- Black pepper in peas;
- Bay leaf.
- Pour into the pan water, bring to a boil, reduce gas, salt, add pepper and bay leaf.
- We clear all the vegetables. Cut the potatoes into small cubes and throw them into the water.
- Onion cut into small cubes, carrot strips. Throw in the ear, cook 10 minutes on a slow fire.
- Salmon fillet is washed, cut into small pieces, thrown in the ear to vegetables, cook for 10 minutes.
- Greenery is washed, crushed, added to the ear. Turn off the gas, cover the pan and leave your ear for about 5-10 minutes.
The soup of salmon is the royal first dish that you can eat for lunch while dieting.
- Carrots peel, rinse, grate on a large grater.
- Add the eggs and flour to the carrots, mix to a homogeneous consistency. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes to isolate the juice.
- After 15 minutes, stir the minced meat again, form small cutlets. To dough does not stick to your hands, we moisten them with water.
- Fry the cutlets on both sides to a golden crust on a frying pan heated with vegetable oil.
Be sure to include carrots in your diet while dieting.
Prunes stuffed with nuts
Prunes stuffed with nuts
- Prune the pitted. Wash, dry, stuff with walnuts.
- In a saucepan, fill in 1 st.l. sugar, pour an 1 glass of water. Bring to a boil, boil a little until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the prunes with sugar, bring to a boil, reduce the gas and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Strain prunes, cool.
- Before serving, pour over the sour cream, whipped with sugar.
Stuffed with prunes, prunes are a delicious and healthy dessert that you can pamper yourself while maintaining a diet to strengthen and grow hair.
Leaving the diet and maintaining results
After observing the diet, you can notice a significant improvement in the condition of the hair, which will become shiny and strong. In addition, the nails will strengthen, the skin will increase its elasticity and elasticity, the complexion will improve. Diet will have a beneficial effect on the body as a whole, metabolic processes will be accelerated, immunity will increase, a feeling of lightness and vigor will appear. To enhance the effect, it is recommended to do daily head massage, which will increase blood circulation and promote hair growth.
In order to warn hair loss in the future, it is recommended to periodically observe the proposed diet, which differs a variety of menus. To prevent hair loss, you should include in your daily diet fish, seafood, lean poultry meat, eggs, vegetables and fruits. Snack is recommended nuts, seeds, dried fruits, low-fat sour-milk drinks.
Other preventive measures, in addition to diet and proper nutrition, include: rejection of bad habits, full sleep, adherence to work and rest, long walks in the fresh air. In the cold season it is recommended to always wear a hat, so as not to overcool the hair bulbs. In winter it is recommended to take vitamin-mineral complexes in addition to enrich the body with all the vitamins and microcells necessary for normal vital activity.