Heartburn occurs when the valve is inoperative between the stomach and esophagus. A person feels an unpleasant burning sensation when the acidic contents of the stomach enter the esophagus. With regular heartburn attacks, a special diet is required. Changing the diet is not supposed for a few days or a week, it's a change of lifestyle.
The most common cause of the problem is the increased acidity of the stomach, and the least is the increased sensitivity of the mucosa of the esophagus with reduced acidity. Often, burning occurs on the background of diseases of the digestive tract or nervous system.
- Harmful habits like excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages, coffee, spicy foods and smoking irritate the gastric mucosa.
- Overeating leads to an abundant release of acid.
- Fried food, salting, fresh bread, tomatoes, citrus fruits provoke burning fits.
- Sometimes daytime sleep after eating causes a problem.
- Heartburn develops with increased intra-abdominal pressure. This is due to excess weight, bearing a child, lifting heavy objects, putting on tight belts.
- Often the cause of the problem is stress, depression, nervous disorders.
- The provocators of ejection of the contents of the stomach is considered the taking of medicines. This is ibuprofen, aspirin, orthophene and other drugs.
Before changing the diet should take into account the individual characteristics of a person. Each organism reacts to stimuli in different ways. In some, burning causes any of the products included in the list of exceptions, while others cause heartburn only one.
With a diet, you need to closely monitor your health, well-being, noticing any reactions to consumed food. When treating heartburn, its main component is diet. The doctor should explain in detail to the patient that adherence to the diet is struggling with unpleasant sensations behind the sternum.
During the treatment of burning in the diet included products that quickly act on the esophagus and stomach. With periodic attacks of heartburn, some rules are required:
- You need to eat small portions. When you get into the stomach of a large amount of food, gastric juice is much faster;
- It is required to exclude any food intake for 2-3 hours before sleep;
- eating food 5 once a day will save not only from heartburn, but also from constipation;
all dishes and drinks should be in a warm form;
- the food is chewed slowly, one meal takes at least 20 minutes;
- from the diet are excluded all products that cause burning and are replaced by a diet.
There are several nuances that need to be adhered to during a diet, so that it is full.
- The diet should include 400 g of carbohydrates, 90 g fat and 90 g protein. Salt per day is allowed to eat up to 10. You can drink liquid in the form of diluted juices, compotes, pure water.
- One of the main points of the diet is the intake of food 6 once a day. Food is consumed in small portions with interruptions of 3 hours. This will create favorable conditions for the process of processing food.
- It is necessary to exclude fatty and fried foods, which acts as a stimulant of the digestive tract. When the disease worsens, doctors are advised to give preference to heat treatment of foods and to eliminate fatty foods.
- The diet should be observed at least from 2 months to six months without a sharp cessation of the diet.
- Fresh fruit contributes to the secretion of gastric juice, so they are used for 30 minutes before meals, but it is best to boil them or bake them.
The food sphincter relaxes the improperly processed food. Its functionality is also affected by light products that promote the release of hydrochloric acid and irritation of the gastric mucosa. Compliance with a special diet includes the addition or exclusion of certain dishes.
- Fruits: citrus, cranberry, tomato juice.
- Vegetables: tomatoes, onions in raw form, fried potatoes.
- Meat: fried wings and chicken legs, steaks, roast minced meat.
- Dairy products: cottage cheese, ice cream, cocktails, fat cheese, sour cream.
- Drinks: alcohol, tea, coffee, sweet fizzy.
- First and second course: fried foods, borsch, spaghetti with sauce, cabbage soup, mushroom, cabbage and fish broths, pasta with cheese.
- Seasonings: pickles, lemon balm, mint, pepper, vinegar.
- Sweets: chips, chocolate products, cream cakes.
Useful foods when dieting from heartburn
- Fruits: apples of sweet varieties, bananas.
- Vegetables: carrots, cabbage, broccoli, boiled potatoes.
- Meat: lean beef, fish, chicken without skins, eggs.
- Dairy products: processed cheese, sour cream and other products with a low percentage of fat.
- Cereals: rice, oatmeal, corn and white bread, seeds.
- The first and second course: boiled pasta, cereals, soup, puree, low-fat soups, vegetable side dishes.
- Drinks: juice from apples, still mineral water.
- Sweets: jelly, sweet rusks, low-fat pastries, dry biscuits, vegetables in baked form, jujube, jelly.
- Fats: vegetable origin up to 20 g, adding them to salads, animals – 15 g for cooking.
Diet for heartburn for pregnant women
Burning note most women who carry a child. An unpleasant sensation arises from the changes that occur in the body. Gastric juice enters the esophagus due to a weakened sphincter between the esophagus and stomach on the background of a change in the hormonal background. After the birth of the baby with proper nutrition, heartburn no longer disturbs.
Diet for pregnant women includes several rules.
- Food should fall into the stomach in small portions.
- The first three months are required to eat 4 times a day, in the second trimester – 5 once a day, the last three months – about 6 once a day.
- Evening meal is spent for 3 hours before a dream.
- After eating, it is not recommended to go to bed immediately, you need at least 20 minutes to sit.
- Drinks are consumed half an hour before meals or an hour after.
- During eating, it is contraindicated to drink plenty of fluids, adversely affecting the digestion process.
- From drinks you can use non-carbonated mineral and pure filtered water.
- To cope with heartburn will help herbal teas in a small amount – ginger, chamomile, fennel tea.
- It is necessary to avoid any sour fruits, vegetables, berries, including tomatoes, sauerkraut, apples of acid varieties.
- It is required to refuse fried food, it is preferable to cook it, stew, bake and cook for a couple.
- For the period of bearing the child will have to exclude from the diet of the first dishes cooked on fat rich soup.
- With an attack of heartburn, you can chew almonds, hazelnut, raw pumpkin seeds, grated carrots or oat flakes in raw form.
- Sometimes cause a burning sensation of sour-milk products, so you need to limit the use of yoghurt, ryazhenka, kefir. Cottage cheese should be necessarily non-acidic.
- From the diet are completely cleaned sauces, seasonings, spicy and fatty foods, fat, cream, mayonnaise, sour cream. You can use butter, but only in a minimal amount. Meat and fish are bought low-fat varieties.
Gastritis is an inflammation that covers the mucous membrane of the stomach. A special diet is aimed at fighting the underlying ailment, after the therapy, such a symptom as heartburn disappears. From the diet of the patient completely requires to exclude fatty, spicy food, sourish fruit, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, soups meat, fish and mushrooms.
Useful menu for gastritis and burning sensation:
- breakfast: apple, rice porridge;
- lunch: several pieces of melon;
- dinner: sweet kissel, soup with carrots, potatoes and pearl barley;
- Afternoon snack: salad with boiled carrots and beets with raisins;
- supper: soybean tofu, milk, porridge;
- second dinner: two bananas.
Nutrition for heartburn and acidity
Increased acidity indicates problems with the digestive system, so a person should not use such foods:
- okroshka, meat and mushroom broths, soups;
- fruit drinks from sour berries and fruits;
- fruit juices from citrus fruits;
- seasonings, spices, spicy cheeses;
- cabbage, sorrel, tomatoes, radish.
Normalize the acidity in the body will help such an exemplary menu:
- breakfast: compote of sweet apples, boiled fish;
- lunch: salad of apples and carrots;
- dinner: a drink of carrots, bread with cheese, potato mashed potatoes with broccoli, steamed;
- Afternoon snack: pear;
- dinner: apple juice, buckwheat porridge with stewed vegetables;
- late dinner: pudding from bananas, apple juice.
The diet is almost identical with the diet for heartburn and gastritis. In addition to carefully selected menus, it is necessary to take into account some recommendations of specialists. Any food should be chewed slowly, it is forbidden to eat a lot of food, overeating. The diet prohibits any carbonated drinks. With increased acidity, it is allowed to eat honey, combining it with herbs.
Heartburn, combined with eructation, can become a symptom of cholecystitis, 2 type diabetes, bile duct dyskinesia, gallbladder formation, etc. In any case, dietary nutrition can help to prevent deterioration of the patient's condition, normalize the digestive process and saturate the body with nutrients.
What is with bloating and heartburn?
To combat meteorism and an unpleasant sensation of burning will allow diet food. These vegetables are steamed, baked, cooked, stewed, boiled eggs, low-fat meat and fish. It is better not to eat cabbage and cucumbers in fresh form because of the high fiber content. Bloating is observed when eating baked goods, beans, bread from rye flour, grapes and yeast dough.
Dietary menu for flatulence and burning:
- breakfast: boiled buckwheat, a mixture of apple juice and banana;
- second breakfast: carrot juice, boiled egg;
- dinner: carrot puree, compote, pumpkin porridge with dried apricots;
- afternoon snack: several apricots of sweet varieties;
- dinner: vegetable buckwheat soup, green tea, apples in baked form.
Diet for heartburn: why should it be observed
The diet for burning is divided into two types:
This means that it is forbidden to use products or limit their quantity, which are included in the list of exceptions. In general, experts recommend to adhere to a certain diet, but most use it only to relieve the aggravation. Some people are afraid of such treatment, because the diet implies limitations in something, although it is not. Correctly selected therapy by doctors and nutritionists will help achieve a stable remission and well-being.
You can learn about what can and can not be eaten with heartburn in the following video:
Before treating heartburn with a diet, consultation of the attending physician and nutritionist is necessary. It is worth considering that each organism is individual and the products that cause a feeling of chest burning may not be on the list of exceptions. More than 40% of the population is facing this problem. Do not be frivolous about this symptom, because it can indicate a more serious disease.
It is necessary to get rid of heavy food. I refused the fat and sweet. Began to eat less and mostly vegetables and fruits. Less carbohydrates, more walk after eating and get rid of heartburn. I still refused tomatoes and tomato paste, as this provokes severe heartburn.
Why follow a diet if you can just start eating right? And the main thing is a little bit and exclude those products from which obviously cause heartburn and exacerbate gastritis.
With heartburn, it helps to eat oatmeal, and cooked on water without oil. She did not relieve me completely of heartburn.
All the same, the main thing in my opinion is to use less fluid, and there will be no swelling, but spices to edema.
I could not stand it on one water. Tried a diet, but I was only up until the evening. Although feel.
Slacker diets here are given, I was hoping to find here something like abc, ad and similar diets From the summer I.
A good drug, most importantly – do not overdo it with a dosage, which seems to have been a couple of times.