Inflammation of the liver, or hepatitis, can develop after exposure to viruses, toxic substances, including drugs and alcohol, or with obesity. Despite the difference in the causes of the disease, a diet for inflammation of the liver, as well as in diseases of the gallbladder, is one of the main components of successful treatment.
Inflammation of the liver – causes and manifestations
The causes of liver inflammation can be:
- Viral infection. Today, 7 viruses of hepatitis are known, and several others are identified. Viruses can be transmitted as fecal-oral (contaminated food and water), and parenteral (with biological fluids) pathway.
- Acute or chronic poisoning: industrial hazards (acetone vapor, dichloroethane, benzene and its derivatives, heavy metals), fungal poisoning.
- Alcohol intoxication (with a regular intake of a “critical dose” of ethyl alcohol – 80 g / day, in terms of vodka it is about 200 ml).
- Reception of medicines. The most dangerous from the point of view of hepatotoxicity are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, some antibiotics, antiviral drugs, cytostatics, anabolic steroids, hormonal contraceptives.
- Excessive passion for phytotherapy. Inflammation of the liver can provoke such agents as celandine, licorice, comfrey, mint marsh, Alexandrian leaf. There are also cases of hepatitis after the application of Indian, Chinese and Thai herbal remedies “for body cleansing” and “for weight loss”.
- Obesity. May lead to the occurrence of so-called non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- Reactive hepatitis. Occur again, due to diseases such as cancer, pancreatitis (pancreas and liver diseases often mutually potentiate each other), gastric and duodenal ulcer, gallbladder disease.
Inflammation of the liver can be acute and chronic. Acute hepatitis is often accompanied by jaundice, with a chronic course of the clinical picture is usually erased. Chronic is considered to be hepatitis, which lasts longer than 6 months.
Inflammation of the liver can manifest itself:
- unmotivated weakness, malaise, irritability;
- loss of appetite, nausea, a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen, belching, flatulence. Such patients are often and unproductively treated for chronic gastritis, cholecystitis and the like diseases;
- severity and uncertain pain in the right hypochondrium;
- increased liver size;
- change in laboratory indicators.
When an acute inflammation of the liver is detected, the intake of alcohol, analgesics, tranquilizers, and contraceptives is immediately excluded. Recommendations for drug treatment are given by a doctor.
Features of diet with liver inflammation: general characteristics
Nutrition for those suffering from hepatitis should be with a reduced amount of fat, the necessary caloric content is achieved by increasing carbohydrates. Be sure to drink at least 2 liters of water per day. With severe nausea, you need to eat a little and take the liquid in small portions, using pharmacy products for rehydration or mineral water – this will help to avoid violations of the water-electrolyte balance.
It is necessary to exclude:
- extractive substances (rich broths);
- foods rich in cholesterol (lard and other animal fat);
- products containing a lot of oxalic acid or essential oils;
- products of fat oxidation (fried foods, especially deep-fried).
Vegetables and fruits can be eaten raw. The rest – cooking, cooking for a couple, pripavat, bake, stew.
The daily caloric content of the diet for inflammation of the liver should be 2800-2900 kcal, of which 400-450 g carbohydrates, 90-100 g proteins, predominantly animals, 89-90 g fats, predominantly plant. But with a sedentary lifestyle of a modern man, such food is redundant even for men, not to mention ladies. Therefore, when drawing up a nutrition plan, it makes sense to consider only the general recommendations listed below, and caloric value to be determined according to current energy needs. And for patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis – just below current needs. On the other hand, excessively rapid weight loss by such patients (more than 1 kg per week) leads to an exacerbation of the inflammatory process in the liver.
Number of meals – 5 once a day, it allows to ensure normal operation of the gallbladder and a timely outflow of bile.
Approximate menu for inflammation of the liver
- okroshka on kvass;
- all kinds of meat and fish soups;
- mushroom soup
- okroshka on yogurt, gazpacho with crackers;
- borsch vegetarian, cabbage soup with or without nettles;
- lean soups with buckwheat, wheat, pearl barley, rice, potatoes, cauliflower, ready-made frosts, and other fillings, just enough for imagination;
- milk soup;
- fruit soup.
Diet with inflammation of the liver. Recipes
Classic vegetable broth
Crush the bulb in the thick-bottomed pan, the stem of the leeks, a couple of carrots, the root of parsley, tomato, throw the greens of dill and parsley, a couple of cloves of garlic (do not clean so that the broth does not cloud), a pair of leaves of the laurel. Add a large salt – three quarters of a teaspoon. Top up 1,8 liters of water, half a glass of white dry wine (during the cooking the alcohol evaporates), or white wine wine vinegar – two tablespoons. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to a minimum. The broth is ready when the carrot is soft. Strain.
Use as a basis for any soup.
- by-products (liver, kidneys, brains);
- any fatty, fried and smoked meat.
- lean beef, veal – boiled, baked, in a multivariate, in the form of jellied, baked in the oven or steam cutlets, cabbage rolls, meatballs;
- young lamb in the same versions;
Cook half a cup of rice. Beef – 300 g. – turn into minced meat. Cut the bulb, save. All mixed, add salt. Head cabbage to boil in boiling water, cool, disassemble on leaves. Collapse stuffed cabbage, put into a saucepan.
2 tbsp. tomato paste mixed with an equal amount of sour cream, pour a glass of water, boil, pour into a sieve 1 st.l. flour, mix quickly. Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls, stew for 30-40 minutes.
Cutlets from turkey and zucchini
Small zucchini grate, put in a sieve (colander), salt, leave for 15 minutes. Make minced meat from 600 g boneless turkey meat. Finely chop the onion. Squash squeeze. Mix the mince, zucchini, a tablespoon of melted butter, three tablespoons of crushed white breadcrumbs. Salt. Make cutlets, bake in the oven or cook for a couple.