Diet for kidney stones
Kidney stones are a common phenomenon, alas, not easily treatable. Fortunately, gradually get rid of this disease can be through a properly selected food.
In the following material, we will talk about a special diet designed to treat the body by removing stones from the kidneys. More details with the principles of nutrition and the approximate menu for a week will be read further.
Diet for kidney stones
In order to rid your body of suffering in the shortest possible time in the form of such a difficult disease as kidney stones, it is strongly recommended to change the diet. In this case, proper nutrition implies Exclusion of the following products:
The above products contribute to the development of pain in the kidney area. Therefore, replace them recommended on lighter food, in the form of the following products:
- vegetarian soups;
- chicken, veal and rabbit meat;
- eggs, in the form of omelettes;
- buckwheat, pearl barley and millet;
- all kinds of fruits;
- herbal infusions and decoctions.
Principles of proper nutrition
Perhaps the most main principle compliance with the above diet – the use of a large amount of liquid. The recommended daily rate is three liters. The need for the above action is due to the fact that in the presence of a disease such as kidney stones, the water balance is disturbed in the body.
Proper nutrition with kidney stones implies adherence to the following mandatory rules:
- Drink 200 – 400 ml of clean water without gas before each meal;
- a five-day meal is recommended per day;
- last meal – for 3 hours before bedtime;
- the following kinds of liquids are allowed: juice, tea, coffee, compotes and kissels;
- The most part of the menu should consist of fermented milk products: kefir, cottage cheese, sour cream.
Kidney stones are divided into oxalate, urate and phosphate. Of course, for each of the above types of disease it is necessary to select an individual therapeutic diet. More about this we'll talk in the following paragraphs, but for now let's get acquainted with the classic menu for the week.
Classic menu for the week
Therapeutic menu for kidney stones for a week as follows:
- Breakfast: 250 cottage cheese and tea;
- Lunch: stewed zucchini, a glass of kefir;
- Dinner: buckwheat porridge, cherry jelly.
- diet breads, low-fat sour cream;
- millet porridge, milk;
- 2-3 baked peppers.
- Toast with melted cheese, unsweetened black tea with lemon;
- buckwheat soup with greens;
- salad of fresh vegetables and herbs.
- oat porridge, coffee with cream;
- ragout from low-fat chicken meat and tomatoes;
- Baked trout, low-fat kefir.
- fruit smoothies;
- low-fat fish cutlets, cucumbers and tomatoes;
- soup with broccoli and zucchini.
- omelet from two eggs for a couple, carrot juice;
- buckwheat, fermented baked milk;
- cottage cheese with raisins, a cup of green tea.
- boiled egg, pineapple juice;
- baked cod, apple compote;
- stewed peppers with onions and tomatoes.
Treatment and nutrition with oxalate stones
The diet with oxalate stones in the kidneys implies exclusion from food of products containing oxalic acid:
- fatty meat, fish and broths based on them;
- canned food;
- smoked products;
- lettuce, sorrel, spinach, beet, lentils, radish, Brussels sprouts;
- fried potatoes;
- all kinds of mushrooms;
- cranberries, strawberries, gooseberries, currants;
- tomato juice, kvass and strong hot drinks.
- vegetable soups;
- cucumber, cauliflower and cabbage;
- boiled potatoes;
- pears, apples, watermelon, melon, peaches, apricots;
- berry and fruit juices.
In the presence of oxalate kidney stones, daily use of two grams of magnesium carbonate is strongly recommended.
Approximate menu for the day for the treatment of the above disease is as follows:
- Breakfast: salad from cabbage and cucumbers, orange juice;
- Lunch: soup-puree from cabbage and zucchini;
- Dinner: fruit salad.
Diet with urate stones
Diet with urate stones in the kidney is exclusion from the diet sour milk, and foods containing calcium and purines:
- cereals: buckwheat, millet, pearl barley;
- flour products;
- pumpkin, carrot, cucumber, cauliflower and cabbage.
Based on the list of foodstuffs listed above, menu for the treatment of this kidney disease can be made as follows:
- Breakfast: fruit salad, green tea;
- Lunch: buckwheat soup, a slice of white bread;
- Dinner: 250 g stewed mushrooms with greens.
- fruit puree, carrot juice;
- stewed cabbage with zucchini;
What can you eat with phosphate stones?
Diet with phosphate stones in the kidneys implies failure from dairy products, canned food and spices. Vegetables and fruits are allowed in food in limited quantities.
Most Useful in the treatment of this disease the following продукты:
- fish: tuna, cod, perch, trout;
- meat: chicken, beef, turkey, rabbit;
- mushrooms: birch barkers, champignons;
- vegetable and butter;
- broth of dogrose.
We present to you several options for therapeutic day menus with this kidney disease:
- Breakfast: 250 g of boiled chicken meat, broth of wild rose;
- Lunch: salad of stewed mushrooms and boiled tuna;
- Supper: low-fat beef, herbal infusion with honey.
- Toast with jam, tea with honey;
- chicken cutlets, several slices of white bread;
- baked trout with greens.
- Boiled rabbit meat washed with rose hips;
- ear from perch with greens;
- stewed beef meat, a decoction of honey.