Pyelonephritis is an inflammation that affects the kidneys of a person. The causative agents of the disease can be E. coli, staphylococcus, chlamydia and others. Today we learn how a diet with pyelonephritis in adults can influence the improvement of health, and we also determine what foods can and can not be consumed by people suffering from the chronic form of this disease.
The diet for pyelonephritis in adults with severe severe pain is as follows:
- The first two days, when the illness worsens, the doctor prescribes sugar and fruit nutrition. During this period it is necessary to drink a lot of liquid – up to 2 liters per day. As beverages, the following are suitable: compote, juice, sweet loose tea. It is also recommended to use melons and gourds (especially watermelon and melon).
- After the first two days, when the patient’s well-being improves, the patient is given a special diet with pyelonephritis, the key products of which are fresh vegetables, fruits, juices and compotes. Also in the period up to 10 days after the exacerbation of the condition, the amount of salt should be reduced to 2 grams per day.
- At the end of ten days (when the patient stops pain), low-fat and correctly cooked meat, fish, and cottage cheese are introduced into the diet. At this time, you can not eat fried, sharp, fatty foods, as they can provoke an exacerbation of inflammation. And during the year it is necessary to limit the intake of salted and smoked products.
Diet in chronic pyelonephritis, features
If the inflammation of the kidneys is already repetitive, then, you need for a long time to adhere to the necessary diet, through which a person will not again fall ill. The diet for pyelonephritis in adults, which is chronic, has clear limitations and rules, which are included in a special diet.
Its main goal is to reduce the inflammatory processes in the body with the help of a certain diet. The diet for pyelonephritis in adults, is characterized by a limit on salt and protein intake.
According to the calculations of the scientist, a person suffering from constant inflammation of the kidney should daily eat foods with such content and quantitative composition:
- Proteins are up to 70 grams, with 50% being vegetable proteins.
- Fats – up to 80 grams.
- Carbohydrates – up to 400 grams.
- Salt – up to 5 grams.
- Fluid – 1 l.
The diet allows baking, cooking, steaming, as well as quenching food. Thanks to this regime, proposed by the doctor, the patients reduce inflammatory symptoms, stimulate the process of urination, the body gets rid of toxins and toxins.
Chronic pyelonephritis in adults, a diet under which must be observed necessarily, will quickly pass if the menu of the patient will include such edible supplies:
– Meat – veal, rabbit, beef.
– A bird is a chicken, a turkey.
– Fish – pike, perch, cod, pike perch, pollock.
– Seafood – squid, shrimp.
– Low-calorie dairy products.
– Baking and bread without the addition of salt in the manufacture.
– Watermelon melon.
For clarity, consider the diet menu for pyelonephritis in adults:
- Morning: buckwheat porridge, boiled egg, not strong black tea.
- The second breakfast: a baked pumpkin.
- Lunch: vermicelli milk, potato casserole, kissel from berries.
- Snack: Mandarin.
- Evening: Vinaigrette, unsalted boiled shrimps, kefir.
- Morning: vegetable stew, fruit drink.
- Lunch: porridge, apple.
- Lunch: fish casserole, jelly.
- Afternoon snack: boiled potatoes, orange.
- Evening: cottage cheese mass, vegetable salad, freshly made juice from apples.
Prohibited foods with chronic pyelonephritis
The following foods should not be consumed by persons suffering from permanent inflammation of the kidneys:
- Smoked products.
- Canned food.
- Spices, condiments.
- Mushrooms in any form.
- Primary meat broth.
- Vegetables such as cabbage, radish, sorrel, spinach, as well as onions and garlic.
- Sweets, especially those in which cream or fat cream is present.
As for various snacks such as crackers, chips, salted nuts, etc., and do not have to say, because these products can not be eaten by people suffering from such a disease as chronic pyelonephritis.
The diet for chronic pyelonephritis in adults during the period of disease intensification is based on the observance of the drinking regimen. That is, a person is obliged to drink per day about 2 liters of water or other liquid. Very useful during this period are the following drinks:
- Cranberry juice (it has anti-inflammatory, as well as antiseptic properties).
- Black or green tea, and necessarily not strong, preferably without sugar.
- Mineral water (it is possible “Borjomi”, however it is preliminary necessary to release gas from the bottle).
- Freshly squeezed juices, for example, carrot, cucumber, beetroot. Before you drink any of the proposed drinks, they need to be diluted with water in the ratio of 1: 1.
A plentiful drink should be used to rinse the urinary tract of the patient, and so that the infection quickly emerged from the human body.
Drink is necessary throughout the day in small portions, and the last fluid intake should be no later than 3 hours before bedtime.
What you can eat with pyelonephritis in adults
The diet for chronic pyelonephritis is based on the use of the following products:
- Low-fat varieties of meat, fish and poultry.
- Sausage is dietary and only cooked or ham.
- Soups on the secondary broth meat or vegetable.
- Dairy products, such as kefir, fermented milk, curdled milk, butter, cottage cheese, sour cream.
- Gray bread of yesterday’s pastries or dried.
- All kinds of groats.
- Eggs boiled soft-boiled.
- Vegetables, except those indicated in the list above. And they can be eaten both raw and stewed, boiled.
- Fruits and berries. Especially valuable in this disease are black currants, cranberries, cranberries.
- From sweets you can: honey, jam, marshmallows.
Patients should eat up to 6 once a day, and little by little, you can not eat too much, it is necessary that after a meal a person had a feeling that he could still eat a bucket of bread. All dishes should be cooked for a couple, cooked or baked in the oven. To salt food is undesirable, and in general it is possible to refuse salt, but if absolutely everything is tasteless, it is better to add it already in the ready dish to the plate.
Now you know that a diet with pyelonephritis in adults is an important point that a patient must follow to alleviate his condition and recover as quickly as possible. You also realized that with such a disease, you must exclude the use of sharp, smoked, acidic foods, alcohol, fatty foods, limit the amount of salt. And replace it all with boiled, steamed foods, vegetables and fruits and plenty of liquid so you can quickly remove the inflammation and allow the body to remove toxins and toxins.