People suffering from varicose veins should adhere to certain principles of nutrition, which are auxiliary tools to alleviate the condition of patients. Details of what a diet is for varicose veins, you can learn from our article.
The main essence of the diet for varicose veins is the regulation of nutrition, which will lead to a normal weight (which reduces the burden on the blood vessels) and reduce the density of blood – one of the main dangers of varicose veins.
It is proved that with varicose veins the blood can condense, which is fraught with the onset of thrombosis. In addition, viscous blood is more difficult to pump, so the load on the heart is also increased.
How to make blood lighter? This will help, first of all, the diet, as well as compliance with the drinking regime. According to statistics, most of the problems with blood vessels arise in those people who drink not enough fluid. As a result, the body loses its own fluid, the blood becomes viscous and blood clots are formed in the capillaries and in other vessels.
From this it should be concluded that, in order to replenish fluid losses and ensure normal metabolic processes, you should drink at least 2 liters of clean water every day – this is a natural means available to reduce blood viscosity. You can replace water with herbal or green tea without sugar, or freshly squeezed juices from fruit or vegetables. Of the juices, grape, citrus, tomato or berry are most preferable.
Alcoholic beverages, including beer, will have to be excluded, because they do not favor the saturation of the body with moisture.
Before you start creating a nutrition menu for varicose veins, remember that the greatest benefits come from natural products that dilute and renew blood. Most of the food, which contains preserving, stabilizing, coloring and other chemicals, contributes to the thickening of the blood – they need to be removed from the daily diet.
Patients with varicose veins are advised to always have at hand two lists of food products – those that are allowed, and those that are not recommended and can harm the body. We will talk about such products a little later.
In addition to affecting the circulation of blood, food should also help alleviate liver function. The fact is that the liver is responsible for many reactions and metabolic processes that occur in our tissues. In particular, this body produces special components that interfere with the increased viscosity of the blood. Needless to say, deficiencies in nutrition, bad habits, unfavorable environmental conditions, frequent and uncontrolled intake of drugs negatively affect hepatic function. Hence the following conclusion: the food should be done in such a way as not to overload the liver, but to facilitate its work. That is, it is necessary to limit fatty, smoked, canned, heavy food – all those products that require additional resources for processing.
In order to alleviate the manifestations of varicose veins and prevent the deterioration of the disease, it is recommended to reconsider their attitude to bad habits, pay attention to the medicines used and evaluate the appropriateness of their intake (especially hormonal drugs and diuretics) – all these factors greatly affect the increase in clotting blood.
What substances are most needed in the treatment of varicose veins?
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) provides elasticity of blood vessels. It can be found in sufficient quantities in sprouted grains, egg yolk, vegetable oils.
- Ascorbic acid dilutes the blood and eliminates inflammation in the vessels. Vitamins are rich in berries, tomatoes, citrus fruits, kiwi.
- Routine is considered the main vitamin for healthy blood vessels. It can be found in citrus (especially in peel), black currant, nuts and green tea.
- Bioflavonoids are useful substances that facilitate the process of venous circulation. Substances are found mainly in dark varieties of cherries and cherries.
- Copper is required to produce a sufficient amount of elastin in the tissues, which serves to prevent the appearance of venous “nodules”. A lot of copper is contained in seafood.
- Fiber causes the digestive system to work, preventing the appearance of constipation – one of the factors causing varicose veins. Fiber is found in plant foods, bran, cereals.
- Water – liquefies the blood, facilitating blood flow and reducing the load on the vascular walls.
Diet for varicose veins of the lower extremities
Lower extremities, perhaps, are most susceptible to varicose veins. Basically, it can be explained by the increased strain on the legs: a person walks a lot in a day, stands, sits on the leg, etc. At the same time, the vessels experience a rather large pressure. This is especially noticeable if there is excess weight or unfavorable heredity (one of the relatives has chronic varicose veins).
If your varicose is associated with a genetic predisposition, then you should direct all efforts to maintain normal permeability and vascular tone: do not overstrain the lower extremities, wear special underwear and stockings, eat right and lead a healthy lifestyle, drink enough water. Well, if your work is not associated with long loads on your feet.
If you are overweight, then the first task is to reduce it – preferably not by starving, but by observing proper nutrition, with enough protein food and limiting simple sugars.
Do not deny yourself seafood: sea fish, shrimp, algae, squid are rich in minerals, which our vessels need. Thanks to the gifts of the sea, the vessels become elastic, their fragility and permeability diminishes.
Also, nutrition should provide the body with enough vitamins. Especially useful for the vascular system are routines (vitamin P) and ascorbic acid.
In large quantities, such vitamins are found in tea brewing, rose hips, citrus fruits, ashberries, etc. By the way, for a healthy person the daily norm of routine is from 25 to 50 mg, and in vascular diseases this amount increases to 150 mg per day.
Vitamins C and P have the property to stimulate the production of collagen, which is considered one of the main components of the skin and vascular walls. If there is no deficit of the listed vitamins, then the walls of the capillaries are usually strong, elastic, strong, well flowing blood. Normally functioning vessels are the absence of problems with pressure, edema and varicose veins.
Changes in diet, taking into account the enrichment of the diet with vitamins P and C, should be started already with the following symptoms:
- rapid fatigue in the legs;
- the appearance of causeless bruises and vascular asterisks;
- tenderness of the joints of the lower extremities.
Diet with varicose veins and thrombophlebitis
With thrombophlebitis, as with any other disease, measures for dilution of blood are relevant. Important in this case is nutrition: the food consumed must contain all the necessary substances to prevent clogging of veins with blood clots and the development of the inflammatory process.
Diet with thrombophlebitis provides for the predominant use of plant foods. Especially welcome dishes with pineapple, watermelons, melons, ginger, all kinds of onions, as well as cinnamon. It is not recommended to eat large quantities of bananas, legumes, meat products, soy.
It is important to reduce the proportion of foods with a high content of vitamin K in the daily diet, which enhances the coagulation process – blood coagulation. This vitamin is present in all plant foods of green color – leaf lettuce, parsley and coriander, any kind of cabbage. Also, a lot of vitamin in walnuts, eggs, whole milk, meat, liver, fish. If you like to drink herbal teas, then you should exclude from collections such plants as nettles, crimson leaves, linden, rose hips.
In addition, it is necessary to limit the consumption of fatty foods. The fact is that fat promotes better absorption of vitamin K, since it is fat-soluble.
What kind of food to take with varicose veins and thrombophlebitis? Give preference to colored vegetables, fruits, berries, sour-milk products, cereals. You can cook casseroles, stew, boil for a couple, etc. Also, do not overeat and take alcoholic beverages.
Diet for small pelvis varicose
Varicose veins of the pelvis are a disease that occurs mainly in women. It is associated, in most cases, with pregnancy and childbirth, with a sedentary lifestyle, with internal reception of contraceptives. Especially often the disease affects those who already have varicose veins of the extremities and hemorrhoids.
In addition to drug treatment, to alleviate the symptoms of veins of the small pelvis will help diet. It is a transition to a healthy diet with a high content of plant foods with fiber. Fiber is necessary, first of all, to prevent constipation, which exacerbate varicose disease, increasing the load on the vascular system of the abdominal cavity.
Also, the body needs protein food, which helps regenerate the vascular walls.
What should be abandoned first of all, is alcohol, smoking, fatty and carbohydrate food.
What recommendations can be given regarding the diet for varicose veins of the small pelvis:
- if possible, eat a couple of pineapple slices daily;
- prepare this medicine: 200 g of purified garlic grind, mix with 300 ml honey. Insist for a week. Ready mix to take on 1 art. spoon before each meal;
- An excellent remedy for varicose veins is considered to be sea kale. It should be used several times a day daily for 3 months;
- it is recommended to eat every day a handful of pine nuts;
- it is useful to add a little nutmeg powder, as well as cinnamon and ginger.
All other recommendations are consistent with the general dietary rules for varicose veins.
Varicose esophagus is a rather insidious disease, since for a long time the patient may not be aware of its existence. And only in a neglected condition does the disease manifest itself.
Expansion of the esophagus requires a strict enough diet, which reduces the load on the digestive system and facilitates the passage of food.
- The number of meals should be divided into 5-6 times, while portions should be small.
- Food should be grinded and chewed well, or even better – cook meals in a semi-liquid state, so as not to injure the walls of the esophageal tube.
- The last daily meal should take place approximately 4 hours before bedtime.
- It is not recommended to sleep on a low pillow to avoid casting the contents of the stomach into the cavity of the esophagus.
- It is necessary to strongly limit (or better exclude) the use of fatty, fried, smoked food, canned foods, as well as dishes with spicy spices and plenty of salt.
- Good days of unloading days: especially welcome watermelon, melon unloading, as well as days on freshly squeezed fruit or vegetable juices.
It is advisable to limit the meat in the diet – it is replaced by shrimps, lean fish, squid. Also it is necessary to “forget” about jellied, canned food (both fish and meat), about alcohol and rich broths. The use of black coffee is also limited.
All dishes are cooked for a couple, in the oven, boiled or baked. Experts advise to pay more attention to vegetable and sour-milk products, cereals.
In order not to think about what to cook for yourself during the day, without violating the diet, it is recommended to make an approximate menu in advance. In the future, using the already created diet, you can change it by simply replacing some products with other similar ones.
- We have breakfast oatmeal with raisins.
- As a second breakfast, you can prepare smoothies from kiwi and orange with honey.
- For lunch – buckwheat soup and vegetable salad with Borodino bread.
- Snack – fruit yoghurt.
- We dine with a piece of boiled fish and a salad of sea kale.
- For breakfast we prepare a portion of low-fat cottage cheese with fruits and honey.
- For a second breakfast fruity jelly or mousse is suitable.
- We have lunch with pumpkin porridge and baked eggplant with tomatoes.
- As a snack – a salad of carrots and apples with yogurt.
- Dinner: a serving of mashed potatoes with beetroot salad.
- For breakfast: rice pudding with prunes.
- For the second breakfast, bake a pear with honey and nuts.
- You can have lunch with onion soup and vegetable casserole.
- At a snack – a glass of tomato juice.
- For dinner – a chicken teapot for a couple with vegetables.
- We have breakfast with steam cheese cakes with fruit.
- For the second breakfast: a cocktail of yogurt and fruit.
- We have lunch with tomato soup and a carrot chop with sour cream.
- We have a snack with a cup of vegetable salad.
- For dinner, you can boil a chicken breast with mint sauce.
- For breakfast: whole wheat bread with peanut butter.
- For the second breakfast kefir with berries will suit.
- We have lunch with okroshka and stuffed tomatoes.
- Snack: Freshly squeezed apple juice.
- Supper with a slice of steamed salmon with lemon sauce.
- Lunch buckwheat pancakes with apple sauce.
- For the second breakfast – a handful of pine nuts or dried fruits.
- We have lunch with rice soup and a piece of fish casserole.
- Snack – an apple with cottage cheese.
- Have dinner with a serving of vegetarian pilaf.
The seventh day we do unloading.
Before going to bed, half a glass of low-fat kefir or yogurt without additives is allowed.
Diet with varicose veins. Recipes
- Smoothies of kiwi and orange – a useful sweet-sour drink, which is prepared quite simply. You will only need a blender and products: peeled orange, kiwi (if desired, you can also have tangerine or other fruits), one tsp. honey. In summer it is recommended to add also a few cubes of food ice – for freshness. All products are ground in a blender and poured into glasses or glasses.
- Eggplants baked with tomatoes – A useful dietary dish. Ingredients: two medium eggplant, 4 tomato, 2 or 3 clove garlic, vegetable oil, sour cream, spices. We start cooking: wash the eggplants in small circles (about 5 mm), we do the same with tomatoes. Garlic is cleaned and squeezed through the press, or simply crushed. Aubergine circles are sprinkled a little with spices and spread on a sheet, greased with vegetable oil. Bake in the oven until ruddy, once turning over to the other side. Ready eggplant spread on a plate, for each circle we put 0,5-1 tsp. sour cream, mixed with garlic, and on top of the sauce we put a slice of tomato. Already in this form, the dish can be served to the table. If desired, you can sprinkle with grated cheese or sesame.
- Rice pudding with prunes – a good replacement for the usual podnadoevshey porridge. Necessary ingredients: 100 g of round rice, 600 ml of milk, sugar, 2 eggs, lemon zest, cinnamon. Cooking: add sugar to the milk (about 60 g, to taste), lemon zest. We put on the fire, bring to a boil and pour rice. We cook 10 minutes, constantly mixing. After that, pour the cut into pieces and washed dried fruit and send the rice to the oven at t ° + 120 ° C for about 40 minutes. During the cooking, stir the rice several times. We take the finished rice and leave it to cool. Meanwhile, we separate the yolks from proteins. Add the yolks to the rice and mix thoroughly. To the proteins, add a few drops of lemon juice and whisk in a thick foam, then gently weave into the rest of the mass. We send it to the oven for about 15 minutes more – this can be done right in the pan, or distributed in special molds. In them the same dish is served. When serving, sprinkle with cinnamon. You can also pour honey or fruit sauce.
- Mint sauce – a delicious addition to the chicken breast. Ingredients: red wine vinegar 75 ml, sugar 25 g, fresh mint leaves (about 10 g), one small onion (better Yalta). Mix the vinegar, sugar and salt on the tip of the knife. Grind the leaves of mint and onions, add to vinegar and send to the refrigerator for several hours (minimum 2-3 hours). We serve to meat.
- Peanut paste can be used for a quick and healthy breakfast, or for making different sauces and second courses. We will need: 200 g fried and peeled peeled (without salt and pepper), ½ tsp. salt, 40 ml of vegetable oil, 5 g honey. Pour the nuts into the blender, add the salt with honey and grind at a maximum speed of about 1-2 minutes. Add the oil, mix it and turn on the blender again for 2 minutes. The paste is ready, it can be stored in the refrigerator 1,5-2 month.
- Buckwheat pancakes – thin, suitable for any filling, or simply with sour cream. Ingredients: buckwheat flour 1 glass, kefir 1 glass, taste salt and sugar, water 1 glass, 2 eggs, vegetable oil. We beat eggs, add kefir, a little salt and sugar. All mixed. Gradually add buckwheat flour, without stopping stirring. After that, pour in a little water, mixing and controlling the consistency of the dough. Fry thin pancakes in a small frying pan, greased with vegetable oil.
If you have symptoms of such an unpleasant disease as varicose veins, the proper diet and diet for varicose veins can prevent further aggravation of the disease. Moreover, if varicose has just begun its development, then changing the diet will help avoid complications and negative consequences of pathology.