Candidiasis is a common pathology, provoked by the vigorous activity of a yeast-like fungal infection on mucous membranes and skin. The causative agent of Candida disease may well be present in the body of a perfectly healthy person, while not harming and not manifesting itself in any way. Strong immunity and stable undisturbed flora in our intestines and in other areas of the body prevent the fungus from growing and multiplying. However, in some cases, with failures in the protection system, the infection is activated, and, frankly speaking, an unpleasant disease, candidiasis, arises.
Since the causative agent of fungal infection is often present in a healthy body, it is unlikely that it will be possible to completely ban Candida. However, special therapeutic measures and a diet in candidiasis will keep the infection under control and prevent it from developing in the future.
Why is the treatment of Candidiasis diet effective?
The fact is that the candida fungus feeds on some of the foods that a person uses, which allows him not only to maintain his vital functions, but also to grow actively and multiply. For this reason, the main principle of changes in nutrition can be called the exclusion from the diet of foods that feed the candidate. If there is no food, the fungus will lose the ability to multiply and full activity.
List of prohibited products in candidiasis
- alcoholic beverages;
- sugar and sweets (sweets, cookies, cakes, chocolate, cakes, ice cream), as well as sugar substitutes;
- baked pastry and white bread (or better to refuse bread at all, or to use unleavened bread);
- sweet fruit;
- honey, jam, jam, condensed milk, syrups;
- vinegar, sauces, marinades;
- fresh milk.
What is allowed for candidiasis use:
- any kinds of meat and offal;
- any kinds of fish and seafood, including sea kale;
- any vegetables, especially all kinds of cabbage, carrots, beets, cucumbers;
- green apples, lemon, plums, berries;
- rice and millet, as well as other cereals;
- dairy products (only fresh);
- beans (beans, chickpeas, mung beans, lentils, peas);
- spices (cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf);
- garlic and onions;
- vegetable and butter;
- drinks without sugar (mineral water, green tea, herbal tea, broth of wild rose).
The amount of tea drunk should be reduced, or brew a weak drink. Coffee at the time it is desirable to exclude, especially soluble.
Candidiasis of the esophagus is an infrequent and difficult to diagnose disease. It manifests itself as a fungal lesion of the mucous membrane, which gradually penetrates deeper, penetrating into deeper layers of tissues, forming undivided films. Such formations over time cover the entire esophageal lumen and make it difficult to swallow slices of food.
Of course, antifungal therapy can not be avoided here. However, if you follow a diet, the treatment will be faster and much more effective.
In order to feel comfortable, a fungus pathogen requires the presence of sugars, yeast and mold. For this reason, it is necessary to delete high-carbohydrate products from the diet, for the most part these are simple sugars: sweets, rolls, sugar, honey and jam, spirits. Whole milk should also be excluded – lactose is one of the favorite fungus treats.
You should pay more attention to natural yoghurt, kefir, ryazhenka, home-made cottage cheese, as well as foods rich in fiber.
If esophageal candidiasis was caused by prolonged antibiotic therapy, then not only sour-milk products, but also herbs (especially parsley and dill), low-glazed cereals (rice, buckwheat, millet), legumes and berries will help restore the balance of the flora in the digestive tract.
An excellent effect has the so-called “tea mushroom” – a therapeutic and preventive drink that strengthens immune defense.
When switching to a diet with candidiasis of the esophagus, weakness and unmotivated fatigue can arise: this is caused by a sharp restriction of the intake of simple carbohydrates into the bloodstream. This period will not last long, and soon you will feel that the disease is receding, and you will feel much better.
Candidiasis of the stomach is a fairly rare disease that appears mainly against an atrophic gastritis or stomach ulcer. With the development of candidiasis, patients often complain of aching pain in the epigastric region, which arise mainly immediately after ingestion.
What should be the diet of a person suffering from candidiasis of the stomach?
First, most of the diet should be products that have not been thermally processed, that is, fresh vegetables, greens and berries.
If you eat meat or fish, they are preferable to boil or bake.
Secondly, be sure to several times a day, use fresh sour-milk products containing live bacterial cultures. It is especially useful to drink natural yoghurt (without additives, dyes and, especially, sugar), or leaven.
Try to consume more foods with fiber, including bran.
Drink plenty of clean drinking water, non-carbonated.
Diet in case of candidiasis of the stomach should not contain sugars and yeast, otherwise the fungus will constantly and actively multiply. It is necessary to delete alcoholic beverages, muffins and other yeast pastries, sweets (including dried fruit), vinegar, honey, and also for the first time fruit.
Add garlic and onions to the dishes, which have a disastrous effect on bacterial and fungal infections.
Candidiasis of the intestine is one of the most frequent manifestations of candidiasis. Diet with candidiasis of the intestine should be complete, in the diet should be enough fiber and trace elements.
- You should give up simple carbohydrates and alcoholic beverages.
- The amount of bread in the diet should be reduced to a minimum, and it is better to give it up altogether.
- It is necessary to exclude from the menu initially harmful products, such as chips, salted rusks and nuts, semi-finished products, sausages and bacon, smoked products, donuts, etc.
- The list of bans also includes vinegar and products with its content: pickled cucumbers, canned salads and vegetables, sauces, olives.
- Try not to eat a lot of foods with a high content of starch: bananas, potatoes, corn, etc. When preparing potatoes, it is recommended to soak it in water.
- When choosing products, choose mainly fresh vegetables, sour-milk products, eggs, greens, lean meat and fish.
It is useful to use garlic and onions, as well as sharp spices like chili peppers.
Avoid store juices, carbonated drinks, kvass, cheese with mold, pasta, sugar and its substitutes.
If you are dining in a cafe or restaurant, do not order food if you do not know its ingredients, or ask the waiter about it.
Diet in candidiasis of the oral cavity
On the mucosa of the oral cavity, even a healthy person can live in different types of yeast-like fungi in the form of saprophytes. With a decrease in immunity, in some chronic diseases, as well as after prolonged therapy with antibiotics or corticosteroids, the balance of the microflora of the oral cavity may be impaired, which directly affects the development of candidiasis.
How should I eat at the first sign of oral candidiasis?
Prepare dishes from low-fat meat and fish, eggs, vegetables. Fruits and nuts are possible, but in small quantities. From cereals the most acceptable buckwheat groats – it contains a small amount of carbohydrates, a sufficient number of proteins, amino acids and vitamin B.
What to prefer from meat: low-fat beef, chicken, turkey, quail. Fish – preferably sea, low-fat. Not recommended: sausages, smoked meat and fish, herring, lard.
Dairy products: natural yogurts without chemical additives and sugar, cottage cheese, kefir, low-fat sour cream.
Of vegetables, most suitable are all kinds of cabbage, greens, lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers, garlic and onions, Bulgarian pepper.
Potatoes, beans, peas, carrots can be, but in smaller quantities, 1-2 times a week.
As for the consumption of fruits with candidiasis of the oral cavity, the question is individual: some patients can easily eat any fruits and feel great, while others use the sweet or sour fruit note the development of exacerbation of the disease. Watch your feelings: if the use of fruit does not create problems for you, then they can be included in the diet. However, it is recommended to do this not earlier than in 5-7 days from the beginning of treatment of candidiasis.
In case of fungal infection of the oral cavity, it is recommended to eat food in a warm, grinded form, with the addition of less than usual amount of salt.
Candidiasis of the skin is a complex disease that requires a qualified differential diagnosis. The fact is that this disease can apparently resemble other similar dermatological pathologies. It is possible to treat a skin disease for a long time without results, and only laboratory studies will indicate the fungal belonging of the pathology.
Diet for candidiasis of the skin is not much different from nutrition in other forms of candidiasis. The first and the main rule is stabilization of blood sugar level, exclusion of fast carbohydrates and alcohol. It is highly recommended to use spices: garlic, pepper, oregano, cumin, which are natural antibacterial and antifungal substances.
What does exclusion of fast carbohydrates from the diet mean? This means that you should not eat sugar, sweets, glucose, lactose, fructose, sugar powder, brown sugar, honey, as well as products containing them: store packaged juices, soda, sweet yoghurt and sweet soup with additives.
Prepare yogurt at home on your own, or buy natural yogurt without additives with a limited minimum shelf life. Use home-made curd, fresh yogurt, homemade cheese. Fresh milk is better to exclude: lactose is the food for fungal infection.
Do not forbid lean meat products, fish, vegetables (non-starchy), cereals, greens.
Unfortunately, candidiasis in women occurs much more often than in men. With what it can be connected?
- with anatomical features of the female body (in women most often there is vaginal candidiasis – thrush);
- with frequent douching;
- using spermicides;
- with excessive love for sweets;
- with the weakness of immunity, caused, in most cases, by frequent compliance with too strict diets.
Having reconsidered the causes of the disease, you can establish several basic principles, of which the diet consists in candidiasis in women.
- Full refusal of sweet (difficult, but it is necessary).
- Refusal or maximum restriction of the use of semi-finished products.
- Exclusion of fast food.
- Refusal from strict diets and starvation, bringing the diet to the balance of fat-protein-carbohydrates (due to complex carbohydrates).
- Eating, on 60-70% consisting of fiber.
- The use of fresh (!) Sour-milk products, as an additional source of beneficial bacteria.
- Mandatory inclusion in the menu of vegetables and herbs as a source of essential vitamins and trace elements.
As practice shows, careful following the diet significantly speeds up the healing of candidiasis. The main goal of a diet in candidiasis is to restore the balance of microflora in the body and increase immune defenses.
Candidiasis in men is less common than in women, and the factors for the onset of the disease are also somewhat different. Among the causes of fungal infection in men can be called the most frequent:
- non-observance of personal hygiene rules;
- casual unprotected sex;
- regular use of alcohol;
- frequent unreasonable intake of antibiotics.
Restrictions in the diet of men with candidiasis relate, in the first place, to those dishes and foods that are usually most preferred by the male population. This mayonnaise, soy sauce, mustard, ketchup, vinegar, alcoholic beverages, beer, soda, strong coffee, fast food (hot dogs, hamburgers, shawarma, etc.). From the sweet will also have to give up, even from tea with sugar.
Allowed: meat (preferably boiled or baked), fish, vegetable dishes, beans and peas, cereals, sour-milk products, freshly squeezed juices, as well as garlic, chili, onions.
With chronic candidiasis, adhere to such a diet should be 12 months, only in this case a positive result can be guaranteed.
If you take as a basis all of the above, you can make a very diverse diet menu for candidiasis. We bring to your attention an approximate weekly diet for adults with a fungal infection.
Menu with candidiasis on 7 days
- Breakfast. Scrambled eggs with cucumber salad, whole-wheat bread, tea with lemon.
- Snack. Green apple.
- Dinner. Vegetable soup, meat casserole, compote.
- Snack. A cup of yogurt.
- Dinner. Baked zucchini and carrots with beans, beetroot salad, rose hips.
- Breakfast. Cottage cheese with sour cream, carrot fresh.
- Snack. A glass of yogurt.
- Dinner. Cabbage soup, baked fish with herbs, tea.
- Snack. Bezdorozhevoy cracker with tea.
- Dinner. Vegetable stew, whole-grain bread, compote.
- Breakfast. A serving of omelette with cheese, orange juice.
- Snack. Apple with cottage cheese.
- Dinner. Tomato soup, chicken breast with carrot salad, a cup of tea.
- Snack. A glass of yogurt.
- Dinner. Potato roll with sour cream, cabbage salad, compote.
- Breakfast. Cottage cheese with sour cream, carrot and apple juice.
- Snack. Kefir.
- Dinner. Pea soup, fish casserole, a cup of tea.
- Snack. Sandwich of whole wheat bread with homemade cheese, tea.
- Dinner. Cabbage rolls with sour cream, compote.
- Breakfast. Two soft-boiled eggs, tomato salad, tea.
- Snack. Cottage cheese soufflé.
- Dinner. Buckwheat soup, lentils with meat and vegetables, compote.
- Snack. A drizzle.
- Dinner. Eggplants with rice, apple juice.
- Breakfast. Fruit salad, a cup of tea.
- Snack. A handful of unsalted nuts.
- Dinner. Beetroot soup with sour cream, steam cutlets with vegetable salad, tea.
- Snack. A cup of fermented baked milk.
- Dinner. Carrot pancakes with sour cream, compote.
- Breakfast. Yoghurt with fruit, tea.
- Snack. Orange.
- Dinner. Chicken soup, shrimp with rice, compote.
- Snack. Green apple.
- Dinner. Lazy vareniki from dark flour, kefir.
Tea or compote, as well as other dishes and drinks are prepared without the addition of sugar. At first it will be unusual, but in a short time you will feel that it is even tastier.
To finish off any day follows a small glass of kefir or natural yogurt, about half an hour before going to bed.
Diet in candidiasis proves that the simpler and more qualitatively the food we eat, the less danger of the appearance of an undesirable infection.