Even a completely healthy person can develop pancreatitis – for example, after an infectious disease, poisoning or because of liver disorders. The disease can occur with periodic exacerbations and stages of remission. Today we will talk about what should be a diet in the aggravation of pancreatitis.
Diet during the exacerbation of pancreatitis
When do I have to change my diet? Most often, we think about it when there is something wrong in our body: excess weight, metabolic disorders, chronic diseases. Diet during the exacerbation of pancreatitis is simply necessary, because without it you can not be cured of the disease.
With the development of pancreatitis, the diet is prescribed for a minimum of 1 year. Over this period of time, the patient provides an opportunity for his digestive system to recover and tune in to normal work.
As for the immediate acute period of the disease, then in the initial two to three days of exacerbation the use of food is completely forbidden. In the acute period it is extremely important to create maximum rest for the digestive system, and, in particular, for the pancreas. This time should be used to stabilize the disorder of metabolic processes, to normalize the production of enzymes for digestion.
We will repeat that it is impossible to eat in the first days. If the patient wants to drink, you can quench your thirst with a small amount of alkaline still water. Alkaline water can suppress the secretion of gastric juice, which will allow the pancreas to rest.
In the following days, depending on the patient’s condition, drinking is allowed more and more, gradually passing to liquid and semi-liquid food.
Diet in exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis
When exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis is usually prescribed carbohydrate-protein diet. Fats in the diet should be limited: they represent a big load for the pancreas and gall bladder. Only a small amount of vegetable oil is allowed.
Thanks to protein food, the damaged pancreatic tissue is restored. Carbohydrates are not forbidden, however, if there is a suspicion on the development of diabetes, digestible carbohydrates are not recommended (simple sugars, jam, sweets).
Great importance in the restoration of the digestive system and the strengthening of immunity have vitamins: vitamin A, C, bioflavonoids and group B.
Daily intake of salt should be sharply limited (at least for 2-3 weeks) to relieve swelling of the inflamed gland.
It is necessary to adjust the intake of calcium in the body, which can strengthen the vascular walls and reduce their permeability.
With exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, you should switch to liquid and rubbed food, which is served in a warm form, without salt, spices and seasonings. At first, dried soups, non-acid kefir, liquid cereal porridges on water (oatmeal, rice, semolina), vegetable purees, whipped low-fat cottage cheese, weak tea without sugar are allowed.
Over time, the menu expands: egg whites, jellies, low-fat steamed meat and fish dishes, white dried breads are added.
To eat it is necessary in a fractional way to avoid overeating. Optimum intake of food up to 6 once a day.
Prohibited fried foods, smoked, salted, pickled, canned food, as well as fatty meat and fat, fatty sour cream, alcohol, baking.
Diet after exacerbation of pancreatitis
After the disappearance of signs of acute pancreatitis and restoration of the pancreas function, the diet should not be stopped in any case.
The diet after an exacerbation of a pancreatitis is appointed, first of all, in order to avoid repeated development of disease.
The food is cooked in a double boiler, boiled or baked in an oven with a low amount of fat.
You should pay attention to such products, which are recommended for exacerbation of pancreatitis:
- white breadcrumbs, dried bread slices;
- vegetable dishes in the form of purees or creamy soups;
- cereals (oatmeal, manga, rice, pearl barley, buckwheat) in the wiped condition;
- vegetable oils;
- mucous and cream soups;
- low-fat meat, preferably chicken or rabbit, can be veal;
- low-fat fish;
- dairy products (fresh and non-acidic);
- fruits, peeled, baked or boiled;
- non-acid compote, jelly, jelly, freshly squeezed juices, diluted in half with water;
- egg whites;
- a small amount of soaked dried fruits in the ground state.
It is not recommended to eat the following foods and dishes:
- fresh pastry, baking;
- fat, fatty meat and fish;
- sausage and smoked products;
- salted and marinated products;
- acidic foods;
- animal fat;
- beans, peas, lentils;
- fatty broths, fatty sour cream and cream;
- dishes from cabbage;
- hard cheese;
- cabbage, radish, sorrel;
- spices, salt;
- vinegar, mayonnaise, ketchup, sauces;
- fried foods;
- sweets, cakes, pastries, ice cream, chocolate;
- coffee, cocoa, carbonated drinks;
Menu diet for exacerbation of pancreatitis
Diet with exacerbation of pancreatitis suggests five-six meals in small portions. In no case should you overeat.
Do not forget that in the first days of exacerbation food intake is generally prohibited, you can drink only a little mineral water without gas. In the future, the diet will expand, and we will give an example of it below.
We offer an approximately compiled menu for one week. You can plan this menu yourself using products from the allowed list.
- Breakfast. Half servings of mucous soup, 100 ml of still water.
- Snack. Baked apple without peel.
- Dinner. Half a serving of mashed potatoes without butter and salt, milk.
- Snack. Kissel, cracker.
- Dinner. Buckwheat porridge, weak tea with milk.
- Breakfast. Steam omelet from proteins, chamomile tea.
- Snack. Baked pear.
- Dinner. Ground beet soup, cracker, compote.
- Snack. Milk jelly.
- Dinner. Manna porridge with dried fruits, weak tea.
- Breakfast. Oatmeal with raisins, dog rose tea.
- Snack. A small banana.
- Dinner. A piece of steam fish with carrot puree, compote.
- Snack. Curd with a little honey.
- Dinner. Rice porridge on milk, weakly boiled tea.
- Breakfast. Cottage cheese casserole, green tea.
- Snack. Yogurt.
- Dinner. Buckwheat porridge with steam chop, compote.
- Snack. Gallet biscuits with milk.
- Dinner. Vermicelli with vegetables, tea.
- Breakfast. Mannequin pudding, tea with mint.
- Snack. Cracker, kissel.
- Dinner. Chicken broth, carrot cutlet, compote.
- Snack. Fruit mousse.
- Dinner. Fish meatball with vegetable puree, softly boiled tea.
- Breakfast. Rice porridge with fruit, weak tea.
- Snack. Fruit jelly.
- Dinner. Celery soup, fish cutlet, compote.
- Snack. Tea with milk, unsalted cracker.
- Dinner. Potato steam zrazy with chicken forcemeat, not strong tea.
- Breakfast. Curd balls with jam, tea with milk.
- Snack. Apple mousse.
- Dinner. Fish fillet with buckwheat garnish, compote.
- Snack. Oat pudding and croutons.
- Dinner. Stewed zucchini with a steam chop, weak tea.
At the end of each day, before going to bed, it is recommended to drink 100-150 ml fresh kefir or yogurt. During the day, instead of bread, dried dried bread should be used, and tea should not be brewed and drunk in a warm form. All dishes should not be cold or hot when used. Warm foods are much easier to absorb.
Diet with exacerbation of pancreatitis often becomes the main diet for patients suffering from chronic pancreatic disease. However, if you do not overeat, do not indulge bad habits, strictly follow food recommendations, after a while the disease will recede, and the function of the pancreas will recover as much as possible.