Diet in kidney nephritis
General dietary rules for kidney nephritis – salt and protein is limited, the liquid is controlled, food is fractional, light.
5 basic rules for nutrition with jade
By adjusting the patient’s menu with jade, you can achieve the following results:
- facilitate the work of the diseased organ;
- reduce or align pressure values;
- reduce the volume of peripheral or frontal edema;
- facilitate metabolic processes, accelerate the elimination of toxins.
Basic principles and regulations:
- the amount of protein food is limited;
- carbohydrates and proteins are kept within normal limits;
- with the food necessary macronutrients and vitamins.
Treatment of kidney disease is not limited to tablets and physiotherapy. Changing the diet and meeting the requirements of a doctor helps to overcome the disease.
Rules of nutrition in nephritis and inflammation of the urinary bladder:
Nutrition for kidney nephritis should be as useful and balanced as possible, without unnecessary strain on the internal organs.
- There are no restrictions on the method of preparation. If the inflammation is not caused by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the dishes can be fried, baked, cooked, etc. Pure food is also not worth it.
- Eat at least 4-5 once a day.
- Salt is limited to 5-6 g per day. This helps to reduce pressure, eliminate swelling and prevent the formation of concrements.
- Alcohol slows the work of the kidneys, causing exacerbations and swelling. Therefore, any alcohol you can not drink with jade, especially beer.
- In the diet should be a sufficient amount of food that has a leaching effect – milk, vegetables and fruits.
List of useful products:
- vegetable and cereal soups, dairy – in limited quantities;
- bread and pastries without salt;
- low-fat meat, poultry, rabbit, stuffed meat;
- allowed 1 egg per day;
- fresh vegetables and fruits;
- Milk and dairy products except cheese;
- Any porridge, except pea;
- vegetable fats;
- ice cream on milk, sorbet, caramel, jam;
- homemade sauces and sauces;
- compote, herbal teas, juice.
What can not be eaten with nephritis of the kidneys?
The patient’s diet for nephritis should not include:
- fatty, rich soups on meat broth;
- mushrooms, onions, legumes, sorrel, garlic, radish, spinach;
- canned, smoked, sausage;
- sharp sauces and spices, shop mayonnaise and ketchup, mustard;
- mineral water with sodium;
- chocolate, cocoa, coffee.
Features of the diet for kidney nephritis
During the exacerbation, the amount of fluid consumed and the volume of urine released are strictly controlled: the difference can reach 300-400 g. Salt, meat and fish are limited. If the course of the disease is particularly severe and accompanied by swelling, for 1-2 days, fluid and ration-therapy with thirst and hunger are limited. After at 3 days, the patient drinks a sweet weak tea with lemon. Good relief days with acute nephritis. In this case, if the basis of the diet is a watermelon or fruit, the liquid is not drunk.
After 3 weeks, salt is gradually added. If this is not done, the patient will complain of nausea and loss of appetite. This is a consequence of the lack of chlorine and sodium.
Sometimes chronic nephritis becomes aggravated. In such cases, eat the food shown in the treatment of acute cystitis: salt is excluded, meat and fish are replaced with vegetable protein. Sugar and sweets are subject to strict restrictions. To accelerate the restoration of kidney function and eliminate pain, extreme relief days are highly recommended. Choose the best option will help your doctor.
Interstitial nephritis is similar to pyelonephritis: the disease is associated with inflammation of the renal tubules and interstitial tissue. The difference is that this form of jade affects connective tissues without destroying the organ. Nutritional rules:
- products that cause allergic reactions are excluded (oranges, sweets, sausages, etc.), since this worsens the condition of the tubules;
- in the chronic form, cabbage and potatoes are used to adjust the calcium oxalate metabolism;
- spices are prohibited;
- salt is limited.
For a quick recovery, it is recommended to drink up to 2 liters of purified water per day.
With this form of the disease, salt and protein are limited, and to increase the protective properties of the body and to remove inflammation, decoction is used. During the period of exacerbation, the first 3 days are unloading, then the digestive tract is gradually established. Gradually, the metabolic processes are normalized due to the simplification of the kidneys.
Variants of fasting days:
Unloading days with nephritis of kidneys on the basis of mono-nutrition will help to speed up the process of recovery and purification of the body.
- Cucumber. During the day, cucumbers can be eaten without restrictions. This vegetable is useful in kidney diseases, since the cucumber contains a lot of water and magnesium.
- Sugar. During the day, 5 glasses of weak tea are drunk with 2 tablespoons of sugar in each serving.
- Watermelon. Eat small lobules to 3 kg ripe watermelon.
- Pumpkin. Bake 2-3 kg of pumpkin, eat small pieces throughout the day.
- Potato. Bake 1 kg of tubers and eat for 5 approaches.
The diet for nephritis will be more effective if the patient periodically observes a mono-diet – during the day to consume only 1 type of food. There are many options for unloading days, but the doctor should choose the optimal one based on the patient’s current condition and the presence of concomitant diagnoses. Patients with acute form in the first 2 days are better to completely give up food and limit water.