Diet in stroke of the brain. Menu
Modern medicine is able to cure most diseases. She was subjected to typhus and plague, smallpox and poliomyelitis, but if it comes to stroke, then the vast majority of people consider this diagnosis a verdict.
Statistics argue that the mortality rate of patients affected by primary acute cerebrovascular accident does not exceed 11, but the consequences of even a mild hemorrhage can be very different – from short-term loss of consciousness to total or partial paralysis.
Of course, timely first aid and competent drug therapy reduce the risk of irreversible negative consequences for the body, but the patient must necessarily undergo a full rehabilitation course, which includes a post-exercise diet.
Five rules for a cerebral stroke diet
- The total calorie content of a daily diet should not exceed 2500 kC, and in case of patient obesity, no more than 1900-2000. The products should be as useful and nutritious as possible: 200 gr of white bread in terms of calorie content will completely replace a one-hundred portion portion of boiled salmon, but the body of a sick flour will not bring any benefit.
- Fractional power. The number of meals per day should be at least five, and the amount of meals – no more than 150 gr. Try not to serve mono dishes, so it can make the patient’s chair more difficult, and combine the products: porridge diversify with fruit salad, and fish steamed with vegetables.
- Refuse salt – it delays water in the body, which leads to edema and increased blood pressure. In the first two to three weeks after the apoplexy, its use is banned completely, and then it can be introduced into the diet in very small portions, not exceeding 2-3 grams per day.
Refuse salt after a stroke
Very important: When the pressure is increased to 180-200 units, the salt is immediately excluded from the supply.
The main purpose of the diet is to maintain, replenish and restore the functions of the body affected by the apoplexy, so the foods eaten by the patients should increase blood fluidity, reduce the possibility of blood clots and saturate the brain and other vital organs with useful compounds and nutrients.
Sick or caring people should be aware that even the minimum amount of prohibited food can throw back the result of daily heavy rehabilitation work, so be extremely careful with the following dishes:
- all fried foods: you have to forget about scrambled eggs with bacon, pies, fried pork, lamb, potatoes, etc .;
- prepared with the use of animal fats: cream, margarine, smalets, lard, kurdyuk and other types of animal oils are prohibited;
- ready meals with high fat content: sausages, puff cakes, casseroles, meat with gravy, baked poultry fat, etc .;
- milk products with fat content more than 2,5%: sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurts, fermented and cheeses with fat content more than 1-2%;
- products containing cholesterol, trans fats, palm kernel or coconut oil: ice cream, crackers, cookies, egg yolks, McDonald’s products, etc .;
- sweet, spicy, salty or pickled dishes: ketchup and cakes, hot pepper and savory vegetables, prepared for the winter pickles and jams are now not for you.
Products containing cholesterol are categorically prohibited after a stroke
It is strictly forbidden in the rehabilitation diet:
- Any kind of alcoholic beverages: they are banned completely (!). There is some legend that red dry wine helps to recover after a stroke. It is not true. One glass of good wine a day helps to prevent and prevent the onset of an apoplexy stroke, since it has a beneficial effect on blood composition and the condition of the vessel walls, but even after this stroke (especially in the first months) even this smallness can cause irreparable harm to the body. In addition, if apoplexy is the result of excessive drinking, then you know: a return to bad habits can, for a maximum of 2-x years, provoke a second stroke, the result of which may well be lethal.
- Smoking, abuse of smoking mixtures, hookah – tobacco and other mixtures thin out the walls of blood vessels, disrupt the gas exchange in the blood, distort the vegetative metabolism in the cerebral cortex.
- Ground and instant coffee, dark tea, energy and other drinks, the use of which can increase blood pressure and cause a stroke-relapse.
The use of ground and instant coffee, dark tea, power engineers leads to a stroke-relapse
The energy value and chemical composition of the daily diet:
- complex carbohydrates – 350-450 gr;
- proteins – up to 100 gr (60% – animals);
- useful fats – up to 70 gr (up to 50% – vegetable);
- salt – up to 3 gr (only in the post-acute period);
- Clean water – up to 1200 mg.
Technology of cooking: boiling, cooking, baking, grilling.
Temperature of food served: any (both hot and cold meals are allowed).
Features: salt-free recipes; absence of animal fats; five meals a day in fractions (120-150 gr).
Nutrition after a stroke should be five-time and small portions
Chocolate and sponge cakes are prohibited when the insulin diet