Diet in the pancreatic cyst is a necessary and most important method of prevention and treatment.
The pancreas cyst has recently been encountered more often. In 90% of cases, it is the result of a complication of pancreatitis. In the remaining 10%, the cyst develops against a background of damage to the pancreas. It follows that in the absence of a disease such as pancreatitis, the chances of acquiring a pancreatic cyst are negligible. In turn, pancreatitis is most often the result of malnutrition and the presence of such harmful habits as alcohol abuse and smoking.
Diet in the pancreatic cyst, as a way of treatment and prevention
Doctors say that having a pancreas cyst does not always require immediate medical intervention. If the size of the cyst does not exceed 5 cm, there is a high probability that it will dissolve on its own for several weeks, provided that a special diet is observed. In most cases, it does.
But if after the expiration of 6 weeks the cyst not only did not resolve, but also increased in size, surgical intervention may be required. This situation is due to the fact that the patient did not adhere to the principles of proper nutrition during this period, so it is very important to follow the diet immediately after the discovery of the pancreatic cyst.
Diet does not involve the use of any exotic or expensive products. It is built on the principles of proper nutrition and is able to help get rid not only of the pancreatic cyst, but also of many other digestive system diseases. The basic rules of nutrition in the pancreas cyst:
- Carry out meals at regular intervals as often as possible (5-6 times every day). It is worth giving preference to those products that are easily digested.
- Food should be predominantly in liquid, semi-liquid or crushed form. It is necessary to thoroughly chew every piece of food.
- Preference should be given to such types of processing products as cooking, steaming, quenching. Welcome to bake the food in the oven.
- It is strictly forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages. You can not eat fried, too fatty and spicy dishes.
- It should significantly limit the consumption of sweets and bakery products.
- It is necessary to give preference to foods rich in protein, as it is necessary for the restoration of organs. Moreover, products containing vegetable protein should not exceed 30% of the total mass of the whole protein diet.
- Consumption of fats and carbohydrates should be reduced, but it is not necessary to abandon them altogether, since the diet of a person suffering from a pancreatic cyst should be as diverse as possible and contain all the substances necessary for the stable functioning of the body.
In addition to the general principles of a healthy diet, the presence of a cyst in the presence of a cyst has some peculiarities, which are the presence of prohibited foods. These include types of fatty meat (pork, lamb), as well as hard, which is poorly digested, for example, duck, goose or game. But low-fat meat can saturate the body with the necessary amount of protein and prevent fatty degeneration of the liver.
Milk and dairy products with a high percentage of fat content are also prohibited. While non-fat skim cottage cheese is recommended. You also need to be careful with the use of milk in its pure form. It is better to use it as an ingredient included in soups or sauces. By the way, in the presence of a pancreas cyst, one of the permitted sauces is beshamel. But in this case, it is necessary to make some amendments to the principle of its preparation. First, the flour does not need to be pasted, and secondly, to limit the amount of spices, including salt.
Eggs in the whole form of eating is not recommended. But you can make an omelet made from protein, cooked in a double boiler. It is allowed to use eggs as ingredients in other dishes.
Bean plants and mushrooms are strictly forbidden, as they are very hard to digest. And the use of oatmeal, semolina, rice or buckwheat groats is welcomed.
From vegetables, you can eat potatoes, beets, carrots, zucchini or pumpkin. But it must be remembered that vegetables that are sold in the store not in season, very often contain pesticides and other harmful substances. Therefore, you should choose them with care. From fruits it is necessary to give preference to non-acidic apples, which can be consumed in baked, boiled or dried form.
From drinks you can eat vegetable and non-acidic fruit juices. Kissel and compotes of dried fruits are also recommended. But it’s worth forgetting about coffee and coffee drinks. All alcoholic and low alcohol drinks are strictly prohibited. It is also better to quit smoking altogether or at least significantly reduce daily doses of nicotine.
If you strictly follow all the rules of the diet, the cyst can dissolve independently with a fairly high probability.
After all, in any case, the body struggles with all the diseases, you just need to help him in this, and not complicate the process of self-healing.
In addition, practicing daily proper nutrition, you can not only get rid of diseases of the digestive system, but also lose weight.