Diet on oatmeal porridge
Diet on oatmeal, also called "Herculean diet", is one of the most effective ways to lose weight, since it does not imply starvation. But it is the food discomfort experienced from food restriction that causes stress, overeating and disruption of most diets.
The main advantages of oatmeal diet
Diet on oatmeal does not harm the body, but is a healthy diet with the loss of excess weight. According to the protein content, oatmeal is second only to buckwheat. In addition, it is rich in vitamins, C, E, PP, group B, biotin, carotene, pantothenic and nicotinic acids, as well as potassium, iron, phosphorus, iodine and a number of other trace elements.
Oatmeal is a source of complex carbohydrates. When they are used, the release of glucose and its release into the blood takes place evenly and gradually. This provides the body with the necessary energy and prevents sharp emissions of insulin. Therefore, a diet on oat bran can be recommended to people suffering from diabetes, violations of the gastrointestinal tract, cardiac activity, as well as with high cholesterol in the blood.
The dietary properties of oatmeal are due to the property of this product to stimulate the proper operation of the intestines, which contributes to the elimination of toxins and improves the rate of assimilation of nutrients. Therefore, the diet on oatmeal, reviews about which are only positive, has become very popular as a separate mono-diet or in the form of fasting days with a normal diet.
How to cook porridge for oatmeal?
- Start cooking should be the night before. To do this, measure the amount of oatmeal flakes that will be enough for the whole day of the diet.
- Rinse and rinse flakes as needed.
- Transfer the flakes to a deep bowl, pour warm water (slightly above the level of flakes), cover and leave overnight, preferably at room temperature.
- In the morning, drain excess water, place flakes in boiling water (in the ratio of water and cereals 1,5: 1).
- Cook, stirring constantly, on low heat for 5-10 minutes, you can salt a little to taste.
- Remove from heat, let stand under cover of 10-15 minutes.
- It is recommended to eat porridge in small portions throughout the day, trying to have the last meal take place until six in the evening. It is allowed to drink only herbal or green tea without sugar or water without gas (not less than 1,5-2 liters per day).
If you follow an oat diet for 7 days, the photos taken "before and after" will please you, because the results will be very noticeable. For a week it is quite possible to throw off up to 7 kg of weight, and also to cleanse the body.
Oatmeal diet is gentle
In the event that the main variant of the diet does not suit you, you can choose one of the varieties with the addition of unsweetened vegetables, fruits and low-fat dairy products in the diet. As a drink you can add unsweetened jelly or compote of dried fruits. The sample menu will look like this:
- Breakfast: oatmeal porridge boiled on the water, with the addition of grated apple or raisins (you can substitute other dried fruits to your taste), low-fat yogurt, herbal or green tea.
- The second breakfast: natural yoghurt or unsweetened fruit (green apple, persimmon, kiwi).
- Lunch: oatmeal porridge boiled on the water, with the addition of honey, a glass of skimmed yogurt or natural drinking yogurt.
- Snack: apple or grated carrots, if desired with the addition of honey.
- Dinner: oatmeal porridge cooked on milk with low fat content (1-1,5%), black currant or strawberry, 30-50 g of nuts, green tea.
After the oat diet, the results should be fixed, limiting the consumption of fatty, roast, smoked, canned products, bakery and confectionery. Also completely eliminate from the diet sweet drinks, do not forget about the sufficient amount of dining (still) water and sufficient physical activity. Repeat the oatmeal diet is recommended no more than once in 3-4 months.