Diet under high blood pressure for men and women
Hypertension is not a disease, the treatment of which must be allowed to run its course. In order to get rid of this disease, some medicines are not enough. A special place in the complex treatment of hypertension is taken by diet and exercise. Balanced nutrition at increased pressure will help you get rid of blood pressure jumps. In some cases, it is enough to simply change the menu, and there is no need to take medicines.
Diet with high blood pressure is important for its normalization. The main principle – constant proper nutrition. There is a certain list of products known for their ability to lower or increase blood pressure. There is a question, how to eat at the raised or increased pressure?
Rational nutrition at the beginning of the development of the pathology of the vascular system can reduce high blood pressure, stop further progression.
Principles of hypertonic nutrition:
- fractional eating. Diet under pressure implies the division of meals is not 3 times a day, but more. It is recommended to eat daily in small portions 5-6 times;
- the division of calories – ideally: 55% carbohydrates, 30% fat, 15% proteins;
- reducing the amount of salt used up to 5 grams. The best option is to completely abandon it. The salt contains an element such as sodium. Its use should be reduced to a minimum. Sodium prevents the excretion of water from the body;
Diet under increased pressure is characterized by reduced caloric content due to a decrease in the amount of fats and carbohydrates in the diet
- it is rational to eat at high arterial pressure – this is only half the case. Great value is played by water. It is an indispensable component for the passage of a huge number of reactions occurring in the human body. Hypertension is recommended daily to drink a large amount of fluid. You can drink water, green tea, lactic acid foods.
Such a diet at elevated pressure will help improve the patient’s well-being.
List of allowed products with increasing pressure
What should I eat at high pressure? What products help to expand the vessels? The diet under increased pressure involves the use of:
- dairy products;
- low-fat varieties of fish, meat;
All types of cooking of products are allowed except for frying: cooking, steaming, stewing (infrequently), baking
- fruits, vegetables and berries;
If you eat properly at high pressure, you may soon forget about attacks of hypertension. Food to reduce pressure includes beet juice and fruit drinks. It is allowed to drink tea. It is recommended to use karkade and green tea with lemon.
The most important thing is to stop drinking alcohol and try to stop smoking. If you lead a healthy lifestyle, then well-being will improve significantly.
Nutrition at high pressure in men and women implies exclusion from the diet of the following food packages:
It is necessary to exclude from the diet sweets, confectionery and carbonated drinks, coffee. It is not recommended to eat chocolate.
From the diet menu for hypertension should be excluded substances that contain large amounts of cholesterol and increase its content in the blood
For successful treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system, it is necessary to protect yourself from stress. Psychoemotional stresses have a bad effect on the human body. It is recommended to exercise every day, but do not overdo it. Do not forget also about high-grade rest and a healthy dream. It should last no less than 8 hours. To go to bed it is necessary in a ventilated room, where it will not be too cold or hot, the optimum temperature is 18-20 degrees Celsius.
The optimal daily diet: vegetables (4-5 servings), cereal products (from 6 to 8 servings), fruit (4-5 servings), skim milk products (2-3 servings), up to 170 g meat or fish, two servings oil or fat. Nuts and legumes can be taken about 5 once a week. The use of sweets should be limited to 5 portions in seven days: the less, the better.
Cereals are a source of energy. Therefore, the greatest number of portions is allocated specifically for them. The group of grain products include bread, crackers, pasta and cereals.
Dietary fiber, as well as a large amount of magnesium and potassium is found in vegetables, berries and fruits. It is best to use them fresh, so they are more useful. You are allowed to eat frozen berries and fruits. Vegetables are used unprocessed, boiled or steamed. The most useful are legumes, tomatoes, spinach, citrus fruits, peaches, grapes.
Products included in therapeutic nutrition in hypertension should be rich in plant fiber – a source of vitamins, it fills the digestive tract
The body also needs protein and calcium. The best source is dairy products, but they are fat-free. In low-fat meat and fish, in addition to proteins, there is magnesium. The use of this element in sufficient quantity helps the body to cope with stressful situations more easily. In men, the rejection of fatty meat often causes discomfort and even a breakdown, but it quickly passes.
Diet with high blood pressure and excess weight means limiting the use of sweets. Ideally, they should be abandoned altogether. If you can not completely remove prohibited foods from the diet – replace them with less harmful ones. For example, instead of sweets and cookies, include jam or homemade ice cream in the menu.
Diet under pressure can include nuts and any seeds. These products contain magnesium, potassium, proteins and are excellent sources of energy.
An organism needs both fats of both animal and vegetable origin. For people with hypertension, the second option is recommended. On a diet, you need to eat foods such as vegetable oils, spreads, salad dressings. It is allowed to use low-calorie mayonnaise.
Sample menu at increased pressure:
- Breakfast – vegetable salad, cheese, cereal, green tea with lemon, cottage cheese, several slices of bread (preferably large-grain), a medium-sized fruit.
- Snack – fruit (vegetable) salad, karkade, green tea, apple puree (pumpkin).
- Lunch – skimmed meat or fish, vegetable stew, porridge, steamed meat, baked fruit, boiled potatoes, vegetable juice, compote.
- Snack – suhariki, karkade, kefir, juices, cottage cheese and fruit.
- Supper – vegetable cutlet, zrazy, sour-milk drinks, tea, vegetable salad, porridge.
- Snack before bedtime – kefir, milk, fruit. Better grapefruit or an apple.