Diet with atopic dermatitis
In this article we will consider a unique disease – atopic dermatitis and appropriate treatment with diet. The uniqueness and at the same time the absurdity of the disease lies in the fact that the appearance of its first symptoms directly depends not only on food or the degree of stress resistance of a person, but also on the state of the environment.
Who is most susceptible to the onset of atopic dermatitis and how the therapeutic diet will help get rid of it, read on.
What is atopic dermatitis?
Atopic dermatitis – Inflammation of the skin that appears on the human body due to heredity, external factors or malnutrition. Because this rash is red, many confuse it with allergies and are treated appropriately.
In order not to aggravate the situation with medications due to ignorance, in the next paragraph you should familiarize yourself with the symptoms, thanks to which you can easily distinguish dermatitis from usual allergic reaction and cure it with a diet in the shortest possible time.
Symptoms and Treatment
The most characteristic symptoms of atopic dermatitis are expressed as follows:
- redness on the skin;
- severe itching;
- the appearance of small formations filled with pus or fluid;
- dry, constantly flaky skin;
- plaque on the tongue;
- problems with breathing;
- inflammation of the eyes;
- presence of viral infections, accompanied by deterioration of well-being;
- difficulties in the process of defecation.
Redness, accompanied by severe itching, most often appear in the forehead, neck, knees, feet and hands. It should be noted that this disease is most susceptible to exacerbation in winter, so it is recommended to follow a strict diet in winter.
Your emotions also tend to influence the development of the disease: excessive psychological stress increases the appearance of atopic dermatitis at times. Therefore, try to avoid frequent stressful situations, in the presence of a genetic predisposition to dermatitis. Based on the above information, it is logical to exclude from the diet foods that stimulate the nervous system.
If you have been found to have at least one of the above characteristics, immediate action should be taken. The main treatment is to observe a diet with atopic dermatitis.
Varieties of diets with atopic dermatitis
In addition to atopic dermatitis, the most common are perioral and seborrhoeal varieties. Let's consider what are the main signs of these diseases and what is the essence of the special therapeutic diet with a view to their elimination.
So, let's start with perioral dermatitis. This disease is a skin rash around the mouth area. Since this kind of education on the face can not be hidden with the help of clothes, it is this species that is considered the most unpleasant.
Diet with perioral dermatitis involves cleaning the intestine from harmful substances by drinking a lot of drinking water a day, as well as products cooked on steam. Among the admissible: sour milk products (kefir, sour cream, cottage cheese, yoghurt), cereals (buckwheat, millet), low-fat meat (chicken, rabbit, beef), fruits and vegetables green (avocado, kiwi, apple, cucumber, pepper, cabbage , zucchini, broccoli). Abstain from alcohol, carbonated and sweet drinks, eggs, citrus, sweet and salty foods.
Себорейный дерматит appears mainly in the occipital part of the head and behind the ears. The most obvious reason for this is hormonal failure and exposure of the body to frequent stressful situations. Perhaps, the most logical advice in this case is not to worry about trifles.
Diet with seborrheic dermatitis strongly encourages you to abandon the hydrocarbon-containing products (cakes, jam, semolina, pasta, potatoes), food additives, alcoholic beverages and fast food. Replace the above with milk, herbal infusions, water, chicken and beef meat, vegetables (zucchini, asparagus, sea kale, broccoli), fruits and berries (apples, pears, currants, watermelon). Also, with a medical diet, it will be appropriate to take a vitamin medication complex.
Basic principles of nutrition
In order for the therapeutic diet to give results in the shortest possible time, when atopic dermatitis follows:
- Eat from 4 to 6 once a day, in small portions;
- To exclude from the diet foods that promote the appearance of allergic reactions (citrus fruits, chocolate);
- in the period of exacerbation of dermatitis, to suspend the use of medicinal vitamin-containing preparations;
- also during the period of exacerbation of the disease, refuse to eat foods that contain histamine (tomatoes, aubergines, cabbage, fish, sausages, bananas);
- use low calorie products;
- daily drink from 2 to 2,5 liters of purified water without gas;
- dishes from the diet menu are prepared exclusively at home, without the addition of food additives (salt, sugar, ground pepper) and sauces;
- cooked meals to eat in a warm form;
- carefully protect the skin from chemical and mechanical damage;
- Exclude from the diet products that affect the nervous system (semi-finished products, pastries, fast food).
In addition to strict compliance with the above rules, include the following components in the dietary diet:
- Omega 3 – flaxseed, vegetable oil, fish oil;
- lacto and bifidobacteria – yoghurt, cheese, cottage cheese;
- vitamins of group B – buckwheat, corn, beans, asparagus;
- Folic acid – carrots, bran, pumpkin;
- vitamin E – rye bread, spinach, butter ;;
- zinc – apples, rice, oatmeal.
The most effective treatment for atopic dermatitis in children is treatment of Dr. EO Komarovsky. Evgeny Olegovich during this period all parents Recommends the following actions:
- when dieting, exclude from the diet of all foods containing even the slightest amount of harmful substances, since they enter the blood from the intestine and only aggravate the situation;
- try to keep the temperature in the house so that the child sweats as little as possible;
- exclude from its menu all kinds of foods that provoke allergic reactions (chocolate, citrus, nuts) and save the baby from contact with pets (cats, dogs) whose wool also contains allergens.
Also, according to the technique of Dr. Komarovsky, it is very important that the child does not experience constipation. At the first symptomatology, give your child a light laxative (syrup lactulose, dyufolak), and also urgently "translate" it into a special therapeutic diet.
When there is dermatitis in infants, the nursing mother must herself adhere to the diet, eliminating from their diet fatty dairy products (kefir, sour cream, cottage cheese), lard, butter and fat broths.
In order to avoid or reduce the development of this disease, the doctor believes that it is better to underfeed your child than to overfeed. He explains this by saying that the matter is not in the quality of products, but in their quantity. Also Komarovsky assumes that the onset of atopic dermatitis in a child arises from an overabundance in the protein menu. Therefore, avoid their presence in children's mixtures and other food products with a diet until the child's complete recovery.
To make your child less sweaty, thereby aggravating your illness in the form of a rash on the body, it is necessary that the room temperature does not exceed + 20 degrees Celsius
To eliminate the presence of chlorine in water, no less dangerous in this disease, use a filter, or bring to boiling water, wait until it cools down to the temperature you need before you bathe the baby.
Baby Clothes should be made of natural flax or cotton. Also, in order to eliminate atopic dermatitis in the shortest possible time, it is advisable to crush calcium gluconate tablets and add them to the dairy dishes contained in the children's menu.
Not less than children, symptoms of atopic dermatitis are observed and in adults. In order to eliminate in the shortest possible time, experts recommend:
- in combination with diet, take antiallergic drugs (Suprastin, Tsetrin, Claretin);
- clean the gastrointestinal tract with the help of detoxifying preparations such as Polysorb, Enterosgel and, of course, activated charcoal;
- get rid of all kinds of sources of allergens: contacts with pets that have wool, chocolate and citrus.
As adults are prone to stressful situations, due to the numerous burden of problems that have accumulated in their entire life, in addition to diet to eliminate atopic dermatitis, experts advise to take light types of sedatives: "Glycine", "Valerianka", "Novopassit". Also do not forget about the tincture of motherwort and hawthorn, which contribute to calming down the person in the shortest time, thereby contributing to the improvement of the heart.
Also, if you have dermatitis, try to use moisturizers for the skin as often as possible. Avoid sweating and sudden changes in temperature. If you follow a diet, try not to eat too cold or too hot.
In addition to all the above tips and recommendations on how to get rid of atopic dermatitis in adults and children as soon as possible, without fail it is necessary to adhere to a therapeutic diet. What you can, and what you can not eat with this type of diet, we will tell in the following paragraph.
What can you eat and what not?
List of allowed diet products for atopic dermatitis includes:
- dairy products: kefir, yogurts, cheese;
- pork, beef, rabbit, turkey;
- cabbage, zucchini, pumpkin;
- peas, beans;
- apples, pears, plums;
- currant, gooseberry, sweet cherry;
- refined, vegetable and butter;
- wheat and grain bread;
If you follow a diet, in moderation you can eat the following foods:
Diet under atopic dermatitis categorically prohibits use of such foods in the menu:
- sharp, salted, smoked, fried and fatty dishes;
- sausages, sausages, sausages;
- fish, caviar, seafood;
- melted cheese;
- mayonnaise, ketchup;
- ice cream;
- radish, sorrel, spinach, tomatoes, pepper;
- Sour cabbage and pickled cucumbers;
- strawberries, strawberries, raspberries, apricots, peaches, grapes, kiwi, pineapple, watermelon, melon;
- carbonated drinks;
- coffee, cocoa, chocolate;
- honey, marshmallow, caramel, confectionery.
Sample menu for the week
The therapeutic diet for atopic dermatitis means food in small portions, including low-calorie foods. Based on the above list of eligible foods, a approximate diet menu for a week.
In order not to distract you from more important cases, we present you your diet menu option for the next seven days, with the aim of eliminating atopic dermatitis:
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, warm unsweetened tea;
- Lunch: boiled rice – 150 g and 250 g of baked chicken meat;
- Dinner: low-fat cutlets from beef, steamed.
- cottage cheese with dried fruits – 250g and a cup of green tea;
- pasta with meatballs and apple compote;
- stewed cabbage – 250 g and broth of dogrose.
- oatmeal, hot drink and a slice of cheese;
- vegetarian soup with vermicelli, compote of dried fruits;
- meat cutlets, steamed.
- vegetable salad with carrots and cabbage, herbal infusion;
- mashed potatoes with low-fat fish cutlets, a glass of warm milk;
- 200 g of boiled rice and cottage cheese with raisins.
- toast with cheese and a glass of milk;
- Fruit salad, seasoned with low-fat natural yoghurt;
- stewed zucchini and a glass of yogurt.
- rice porridge on milk with jam;
- curd casserole with apples and raisins, black tea;
- rabbit stew – 200 g and broth of dogrose.
- mashed potatoes and chicken steamed meatballs;
- baked turkey with cabbage and zucchini – 300 g;
- salad of apples, pears and banana with apple compote.
Consider the most delicious and useful recipes for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in adults and children. Let's start with the most satisfying breakfast dishes while following a diet:
Steamed beef cutlets
Steamed beef cutlets
Ingredients: 400 g low-fat beef, one egg yolk, onions, two carrots (raw and boiled), 5-6 potatoes, a tablespoon of low-fat sour cream, a pinch of salt.
- Beef meat to pass through a meat grinder;
- chop onion and cooked carrots;
- Add the above ingredients together with sour cream and egg yolk to the ground beef;
- add salt and mix the ingredients thoroughly;
- then put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes;
- after the specified time, pull out the mince from the refrigerator and form burgers from it;
- peel and cut raw carrots and potatoes;
- lay the cut vegetables in a saucepan;
- then put the cutlets on top and cook for a couple of 25 minutes.
For lunch with a therapeutic diet to eliminate dermatitis, you can afford a vitamin-rich sweets:
Mango and banana dessert for diet with dermatitis
Mango and banana dessert
Ingredients: mango, banana, a pinch of mint.
- peel a banana and cut into circles;
- then clean the mango and remove the pulp from it;
- put the fruit in the freezer for 2-3 hours;
- then grind them in a blender and pour into a dessert cup.
For dinner diets with atopic dermatitis can afford a hearty dish:
Lavash roll with cottage cheese
Lavash roll with cottage cheese
Ingredients: 250 g skimmed cottage cheese, 250 g of celery root, a handful of parsley, 50 g of lettuce, two pita breads.
- chop the greens and mix until smooth with cottage cheese;
- turn pita bread and grease them with the resulting curd mixture;
- then twist them into rolls.
All of the above diet recipes are very suitable for eliminating atopic dermatitis by eating delicious dishes.
The therapeutic diet for dermatitis requires a clear compliance with all the rules and unprecedented endurance, to stay and not comb the first redness that appears.