The child in 2 year physiological processes are not yet fully formed, and each kid can have a rhythm. At this age, the norm is the act of defecation from 3 once a day to 3 once a week. Suspicions of constipation in children are justified in the absence of defecation for more than a day and associated with other symptoms, such as:
- decreased appetite;
- pain and swelling in the abdomen;
- dense consistency of stool.
Immediate medical attention is required if constipation is accompanied by fever, vomiting, signs of intoxication, blood streaks in the stool.
The mother needs to closely monitor the child and in time to recognize the symptoms characteristic of constipation. The condition is dangerous by dehydration, intoxication, and with persistent problems with defecation, more serious consequences are possible:
- metabolic disease;
- circulatory disturbance;
- cracks and hemorrhoids;
- low immunity;
- development of intestinal obstruction.
If the constipation is a consequence of malnutrition, adjusting the regimen and diet will necessarily bring the result. Before the appointment of a diet, you need to undergo a test to exclude the possibility of bowel pathology.
What to feed the child – the principles of selection of products
The main condition for eliminating constipation is the organization of proper nutrition and drinking regimen. The more fluid intake, the faster the intestines return to normal. For the two-year-old kid’s menu, it is recommended to use kissels, compotes, teas, special children’s water. It requires compliance not only with the right set of products, but also with a sufficient number of them. This is especially important for children with poor appetite and for children maloezhes – they will need a small increase in portions.
Products provoking constipation are excluded and replaced with useful ones:
- bread is better to eat in the form of crackers or slightly stale, preferably non-yeast types of bread, lavash, whole wheat and rye bread;
- for cereals use only whole grains, flake dishes do not improve peristalsis;
- kefir give children strictly one-day, two-day has the opposite effect;
- to neutral products include meat, fish, cottage cheese, stale bread; fish and meat are recommended in a moderate amount – choose dietary types: chicken, turkey, veal, rabbit, hake, pollock.
- prunes, known as a laxative effect, must necessarily be present in the diet in fresh form, compotes, desserts;
- As additives to the diet, bran cereals must be used – they are daily mixed with one teaspoon into the prepared meals.
Sour-milk and dairy products
Milk, especially whole cow and goat, is one of the causes of constipation in babies. Excluding for a time from the diet it completely, you can understand if it is the cause of constipation. During the diet, whole milk is completely excluded, the use of low-fat and pasteurized is minimized.
Fermented milk products are shown in any quantity, but you need to strictly monitor their freshness and preferably, they are homemade. A good supplement to the menu can be probiotics and sour-milk bacteria.
For a diet recommended porridges rich in fiber: oatmeal, buckwheat, wheat, millet, corn, barley, pearl barley. Rice and semolina are contraindicated. Not recommended noodles, flour dishes, vermicelli and pasta
Used in fresh, stewed, boiled, baked form, as well as in compotes and kissels. Boiled beets and carrots give the best effect, zucchini, cauliflower, pumpkin, broccoli are also recommended. Potato dishes are excluded from the diet menu and are replaced by other porridges and vegetables.
Excluded from the diet with a fixing effect and causing increased gas formation
- more fried flour products;
- cabbage in fresh and sauerkraut;
- fresh apples, pears, grapes, cornelian, blueberries;
- all legumes: peas, beans, chickpeas, beans, lentils;
- fatty fish or meat;
- hard cheeses.
If the correct mode of the day is observed, timely evacuation of the intestine is regulated and normalized more quickly:
- food should be organized at regular intervals;
- to develop the habit of going to the toilet at a certain time, preferably in the morning;
- Start the day with a morning fasting on an empty stomach of special baby water.
During constipation, most sweet fruits, chocolate, pears, pomegranates, blueberries, quinces, and flour products are excluded. The following are recommended as desserts:
- compotes, jellies, syrups, homemade jams;
- add cereal in the mess, not sugar;
- apples baked with honey;
- soaked, boiled or milled into gruel prunes, figs, dried apricots without seeds.
If the baby is breast-feeding
- Nursing mothers need to follow not only the baby’s menu, but also their own. It is required to exclude fixing products from the own menu and promote increased gas production. It is necessary to include vegetables rich in cellulose, to keep drinking.
- Ensure that the baby receives the so-called back milk – it prevents fixation.
- On breastfeeding, the stool in children is kept soft, even after the introduction of complementary foods. About constipation is said not only the consistency of stool, but also the apparent restless behavior of the baby.
Diet for constipation in children 2 years with recipes
The right diet does not imply starvation – it only takes a set of the right foods:
for breakfast: oatmeal on the water, squash or pumpkin pancakes, compote of prunes;
snack: cottage cheese with honey;
for lunch: vegetable soup, barley porridge with steam cutlets, carrot juice with pulp;
afternoon snack: baked apple;
for dinner: buckwheat porridge with boiled fish fresh yogurt with a teaspoon of bran, compote with raisins.
for breakfast: pancakes from courgettes, fish steamed chops, green tea;
for dinner: soup-puree from pumpkin, stewed turkey with vegetables, lettuce, kissel;
afternoon snack: yogurt with homemade jam;
for dinner: barley porridge on the water, chicken stew with vegetables in kefir, green tea.
for breakfast: buckwheat porridge on water, one-day kefir;
snack: lavash with cottage cheese and honey;
for dinner: beetroot, barley porridge with turkey, carrot-pumpkin juice;
afternoon snack: marmalade, crackers;
for dinner: wheat porridge with a stewed turkey.
for breakfast: millet porridge, cottage cheese, compote of prunes and raisins;
snack: broccoli and carrot salad with lean sour cream;
for dinner: soup with pearl barley, baked chicken, vegetable stew;
Afternoon snack: homemade yogurt with honey;
for dinner: vegetable vinaigrette, meatballs from veal boiled, one-day kefir.
for breakfast: scrambled eggs, one-day kefir;
snack: baked apple, decoction of rose hips;
lunch: rassolnik with pearl barley, chicken cutlets with buckwheat porridge, vegetable salad;
afternoon snack: compote of dried apricots with raisins and figs;
dinner: cottage cheese casserole, yogurt, green tea.
for breakfast: millet porridge on the water with honey, baked fish, braised beets;
snack: vegetable soup, rabbit with barley porridge, tomato juice;
lunch: vegetable soup, boiled chicken with cauliflower, compote from dried fruits;
afternoon snack: cottage cheese, apple sauce;
dinner: corn porridge, fish balls, kefir.
for breakfast: buckwheat porridge, boiled veal, compote of raisins;
snack: yogurt with gruel from prunes;
lunch: soup with cauliflower, steam cutlets with onions and dill, oatmeal on the water, salad;
afternoon snack: rye bread with jam;
dinner: turkey stew with raisins and dried apricots, yogurt.
Diet with constipation in children. Recipes
Ingredients – 1 tomato, 1 bulb, 1 carrot, 1 potato, 100 grams of buckwheat, a teaspoon of vegetable oil, a bunch of dill, salt to taste.
Preparation: clean vegetables, wash, cut into cubes. Peel and clean the groats. In the boiling water put carrots, onions, potatoes, bay leaves. Salt to taste. When boiled to add buckwheat. After the buckwheat is ready, add the finely chopped tomato. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes. At the end add the vegetable oil (olive oil is best). Sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Ingredients – 1 zucchini, 1 carrots, a bunch of green onions, 1 small onion, 1 small potato, 1 tomato, bunch of dill, a tablespoon of vegetable oil, salt to taste.
Prepare vegetables: clean, wash thoroughly, cut into cubes. Put into the cauldron, add butter and a few spoons of hot water. Stew on low heat until cooked, stirring occasionally. In the end, add salt, add finely chopped dill.
Chicken meatballs with carrots and onions
Ingredients – 200 grams of chicken fillet, ½ onion, ½ carrot, salt to taste. Vegetables should be cleaned and thoroughly washed. Wash the fillet and dry it with a napkin. All the ingredients to pass through the meat grinder. Add salt. Form meatballs. Cook in the double boiler under the lid for 10 minutes or in the multivarquet in the steam-cooking mode for 20 minutes.
Means for constipation for babies based on herbs and other natural products act gently and effectively, with the condition that they are not allergic reactions. They should be selected only after consultation of the pediatrician.
- Freshly squeezed potato juice has a good laxative effect and relieves spasm of the intestine. It is taken in the morning on an empty stomach. The norm for a two-year-old baby is 2-3 tablespoons.
- Spastic constipation and swelling well removes the infusion of chamomile.
- To combat intestinal atony help decoctions of yarrow and nettles, berries cranberries and gooseberries.
- A very effective remedy for constipation in children – a mixture of seeds of cumin, chamomile flowers and dill seeds. Take in the proportion of 2 parts of cumin and one part of the remaining ingredients. A tablespoon of the mixture is poured into 2 cups of boiling water and insisted for 2 hours. For 15-20 minutes before meals take a teaspoon three times a day.
- Flaxseed oil is a good remedy against constipation. Babies are advised to take before meals a butter mixed with honey.
The method of treatment, especially in children, is selected individually – the diet and procedures are prescribed only by the pediatrician, since the severity of the condition and the cause of the disease must be taken into account.
Since each child has his own physiological rhythms, parents should closely monitor him: if the baby has a great appetite, he is cheerful and feels great, plays and laughs – there are no reasons for concern, even if there is no defecation on the second day. Observance of the correct diet and foods is a good preventive measure, which allows not only to get rid of constipation, but also to avoid problems with digestion in the future.