Problems with the tummy (gastrointestinal tract) in children is the same frequent phenomenon as the common cold. The still not fully formed functionality of the digestive system leads, often, to constipation, then to diarrhea in a small man. Many of the problems can be solved if the power is adjusted. Diet with constipation in children – this is one way to return the baby, and, consequently, to the parents, a good state and a great mood.
What is the diet for constipation in children?
In this article, we will try to reveal the questions most often asked by adults who have encountered childhood constipation. How to organize a diet for a baby, what kind of diet for constipation in children? Before deciding on a diet, it is worthwhile to understand what causes can lead to a child’s stool.
- It can be hereditary pathology, corrected by nutrition, which is problematic.
- Changing climatic zones (a trip to rest): the climate, water and food are changing.
- A certain confluence of factors leading to dehydration of the child’s body: vomiting, low fluid intake, large volumes of regurgitation.
- Low motor activity of the child.
- Damage to the mucous anus. Because of pain symptoms, the baby has a fear of defecation.
- Feeding for babies.
- In the event that the parents try very quickly to teach the kids to walk on the potty.
- Unbalanced nutrition. This, often, the main problem and the cause of child constipation.
Constant candy, chips, crackers, cookies. All this food leads to not only constipation, but also to further complications that can develop in more severe pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. Even chocolate itself, which is a part of many sweets, refers to fastening products. In this situation, only adherence to a full and balanced diet can move the situation for the better.
So what kind of diet for constipation in children? After all, to use laxatives for babies is not recommended.
The rules of a child’s diet for constipation are akin to an adult dietary diet, but it has its own characteristics. Before you put the baby on a diet, it is worth a test to be sure that the child does not have more serious pathological changes. To do this, you should contact your local pediatrician. He, having analyzed the results of the study, will be able to indicate the cause of constipation in the child, and if it is the consequences of malnutrition, then it is necessary to correct the child’s diet. Otherwise, the baby may need more serious treatment. But even in this situation, proper nutrition should not be removed from the agenda.
So what is a diet is an exception to the diet, or a reduction in the quantitative component, of foods that slow intestinal motility, with enveloping characteristics. For example, such can include such dishes: rice porridge, heavy boiling broths, chocolate, porridge of their manga, jelly.
In the diet of the baby must be present a lot of fruits and vegetables. They are rich in vitamins and microelements, so necessary for a growing body. Useful for the baby’s stomach and its peristalsis are fermented milk products.
Recipes for diarrhea in children
Dietary food with a restriction for certain foods should not be associated with a person’s suffering and discomfort, which is associated with the need to eat tasteless, unloved dishes. It is especially difficult to feed such a small child. It is very difficult for him to explain that you can not eat a chocolate bar, because after it it is difficult to go to the toilet “for the most part.” But zucchini and buckwheat – this is what you need. But it can be delicious, enjoying it, and all the doctor’s recommendations will be followed.
In this article, we want to offer you some wonderful recipes for a diet with constipation in children, which, we are sure, will please the little pranksters.
- Assorted fruits. For some time soak in boiled water, such dried fruits as dried apricots and prunes, taking each one in one piece. If the child does not like prunes, you can not put it or try to treat the baby, the result may surprise the parents. In the composition of this puree babies quietly eat prunes. Take three parts of the apple. All the ingredients should be crushed with a blender, grater or, for want of both, finely chopped with a knife. Give the baby in the amount corresponding to his age, or gram on 10 – 20 more.
- Sweet pasta. We take in the same quantity (ten pieces) dried apricots, prunes, nucleus of oxen (walnuts), figs. All the components to pass through the meat grinder. In the resulting mixture add one tablespoon of freshly obtained juice from an aloe leaf and the same amount of natural honey. All the mix well. Give the child one teaspoon several times throughout the day (for 40 minutes before eating). Prepare such a paste for future use, storing in the refrigerator. From such a composition you can cook sweets. Cook them better together with the baby. After that they enthusiastically eat “their” sweets.
- The same candy can be prepared and picked up for ten berries dried apricots, prunes, buckthorn (stiff). All the ingredients are ground in a meat grinder. In the mixture, enter one teaspoon of honey. All the mix well and form a paste from the resulting paste. Give the baby when he asks for a sweetie.
- Vegetable salad, which you can eat every day and in unlimited quantities. In equal parts, fresh beets, carrots, pumpkins are used and grinded on a grater, you can choose a cell, but a small section will be more suitable for the baby. Salad fill with a small amount of vegetable oil (olive, sunflower, etc.). Instead of butter lettuce sprinkle with apple cider vinegar and taste salt.
- A fairly real quick effect is obtained by entering wheat bran into the baby’s menu. Their use allows emptying the intestines already in the first day of feeding. First, two tablespoons of the product pour half a cup of boiling water and let stand for about 20 minutes. Pre-steamed in boiling water bran (in the amount of one to two tablespoons) can be introduced into the main dishes (porridge, kefir, soups).
- Wheat bran can be added to the already prepared batter and then bake pancakes, or enter at the end of cooking to the cooking cereal. This product, to date, can easily be purchased at any pharmacy or found on the shelves of a modern supermarket in the section – diet food. Buy this product, preferably without any additives.
Do not forget that any menu and diet recipes for children constipation should correspond to the age of the child and the characteristics of his body. When preparing the menu, you must maintain the necessary caloric content of dishes, the menu should be rich in vitamins, trace elements and minerals. The diet should be balanced with the necessary amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Menu diet for constipation in children
It is worth considering an example of a diet menu for constipation in children. In its image and likeness it will be easier to make up your own selection of dishes, which should not only be balanced, consisting of “right” products, but also differ in variety. Only in this case the parents will not have a problem feeding their baby.
For one day in the diet, you can offer such a list of dishes.
- Not very strong tea.
- Slightly dried bread.
- A couple of spoons of jam or honey.
Second morning meal:
- Bread with bran.
- Yogurt, better home made.
- Lenten borsch.
- Salad from boiled beets with prunes and walnuts.
- Rye bread (not soft).
- Mashed potatoes.
- Steam cutlet from ground beef.
- Juice with pulp. Fit any: both fruit and vegetable.
- Fish fillet baked with braised vegetables.
- Dried fruits compote.
- Fresh carrot salad.
- Bread from bran.
Directly before going to bed, it is advisable to give the baby a glass of yogurt and kefir.
In the role of snacks between the main meals can be used fresh berries and fruits, as well as dried fruits.
If the child has already formed their eating habits. Translate it right away to proper nutrition will be quite problematic. A kid can even resort to a hunger riot. To prevent such a situation, the “wrong” products should be removed from the ration of a young child gradually, especially not focusing on this attention.
If the child suffers from spastic constipation, which is accompanied by bouts of painful spasms, the transition to dietary nutrition should be performed in two stages. Primarily from the diet to remove foods that lead the intestinal mucosa to irritation. In this situation, emphasis should be placed on vegetable and fruit juices and fresh fruits, peeled. In such a situation, the potato juice is working fine. He well loosens the stool and removes spasms from the intestines. A quarter of a glass on an empty stomach brings a wonderful effect. It is worth remembering that potato juice has a rather unpleasant taste. Do not forcibly force the child to drink it – it can provoke a baby vomiting. Try to persuade him to drink medicine, but it is “always tasteless.” After the pain symptoms have gone and defecation has become relatively regular, you can connect the diet described above.
What can you eat with constipation in children?
So what to give the child for breakfast, lunch and dinner, what can you eat with constipation in children? It is very good if the baby meets his morning with freshly squeezed juice. After drinking an apple, plum or apricot juice on an empty stomach, the baby will feel much better throughout the day. If the child is already of school age, he is shown to take mineral water immediately after sleeping.
Nutritionists divide products that show laxative characteristics into three categories.
- Foods that activate intestinal motility:
- Dried apricots and figs.
- Dried banana.
- Apples (preferably baked) and plums.
- Sea kale.
- Broccoli and cauliflower.
- Salt and salty dishes.
- Cabbage and tomatoes.
- Rough fiber:
- Rye bread.
- Fruits with peel.
- Buckwheat and dishes from it.
- Porridge of unpeeled rice and crushed wheat.
- Cold drinks.
- Fermented milk products: kefir, fermented milk, yogurt. Useful sour-milk product, which includes active biomicrobes: Bifidok, Activia, Narine, Biokefir. Immunele.
- Not floury sweet foods.
- Honey and molasses.
- Surrounding characteristics:
- Oils of vegetable origin.
- Fish fat.
- Foods that are irritants of the intestinal mucosa:
- Aloe juice.
- Berries of buckthorn.
- Dishes from rhubarb.
In case the baby is diagnosed with flaccid peristalsis, his menu should consist mainly of products of the first and third groups. In the case if a stiff chair is observed with spasmodic pain symptoms, the products of the first and second groups should predominate in the baby’s diet.
Start in the treatment of a tight chair can be from entering the diet of a child more variety of fruits and berries. It is advisable if the morning begins with a cup of juice or kefir, and before going to bed the baby can be pleased with the prunes swollen in the water.
If a child gets a porridge of buckwheat or oatmeal daily for breakfast, then he worries about a normal bowel movement, do not.
Do not forget about the fluid – a person must drink plenty of clean water. To introduce into the body is necessary and sufficient volumes of various fluids.
It is possible that the body receives a small daily volume of fluid and soften solid food simply nothing? If a child has frequent constipation, he must give it in the morning on an empty stomach to drink a little clean water. It is very useful when a little honey is added to the water (if the youngster does not have allergies to beekeeping products). It is very good, if such a diet remains with the future adult man for life.
“Immediate anti-blocking help” for the baby is freshly squeezed carrot juice!
To protect defecation from a large density of outgoing masses, the volume of feces should be increased. This is done by ballast substances, which swell somewhat in the digestive tract, making the feces slightly looser.
If a very small child, who is on artificial feeding, suffers from constipation, it is necessary for him to introduce into the diet a mixture with sour-milk characteristics. They should be about half of the total diet of a baby, designed for a day.
If the baby is on mother’s milk and suffers from constipation, the young mother should adjust her diet by introducing more fresh sour-milk products, as well as fruits and vegetables.
When reaching the baby, with a penchant for a tight chair, the age when the first lure is introduced, it is recommended to start it with vegetable puree. It is better if it is a seasonal vegetable: carrots, zucchini, beets, pumpkin, cabbage. If the baby is given a puree of fruit, you can add a little pre-soaked dried apricots or prunes. A chair and a compote, cooked on the basis of prunes, will be well served.
What you can not eat with constipation in children?
To ensure that the diet is really effective, you need to either part of the products or completely eliminate the baby from the diet, or minimize its amount. So why not eat with constipation in children? What foods are capable of provoking poor digestive tract functioning and causing problem defecation.
It should be reduced in the diet of the child the number of products that cause increased gas formation, as well as those prone to “fixing” stool. This category includes:
- White cabbage, both in a leavened and fresh form.
- Fresh apples and pears.
- Exclude for a toddler suffering from frequent constipation, cocoa, strong coffee and black tea.
- Eggplants and cucumbers.
- Such fruits and berries as blueberries, dogwood, grapes, cowberries.
- Very negatively, the work of the digestive system is affected by fresh, freshly baked bread and other flour products, especially those made from dough mixed with white wheat flour. For example, yeast pies, kalachi, loaf, dumplings, donuts, dumplings.
- The baby’s menu should contain a minimum amount of legumes: lentils, beans, soy, beans, peas.
- Whole milk is not recommended. In such a situation it is better for children to offer juices, compotes, sour-milk products, or at least a little pasteurized low-fat milk.
- Do not give the problem child a pearl porridge, a mango, white chipped rice.
- Undesirable for the baby and pasta.
- Limit the intake of fat.
- Remove fatty fish and meat.
- Exclude “heavy” meat of waterfowl of geese and ducks.
- Limit the consumption of hard cheeses and cottage cheese.
- Exclude goods fast food.
- Remove from the menu fried, pickled and smoked products.
- Eliminate “eating dry”.
If the baby’s nutrition is corrected, in most cases the problem with defecation will go away by itself. It is desirable to instill in the child the correct diet for the rest of his life.
After vaccinating the child with a habit of eating well with “right foods” since childhood, parents sometimes do not even realize that they are protecting their baby from many problems and pathological diseases that can develop later.
Dietary nutrition is one of the basic directions in the therapy of many different diseases. It is effective even in children with problems with stools. In most cases, a therapeutic diet with constipation in children gives excellent results almost immediately after its introduction. If the child of childhood is prone to a tight defecation, he will have to observe food restrictions throughout the rest of his life. But in this situation, there are also “pluses” – balancing nutrition – it’s a healthy diet. Adhering to its key rules, the baby will subsequently be able to avoid multiple health problems that can provoke: eating dry, eating fatty, fried and spicy food, eating fast food. Remember: “You need to take care of your health!”
Take care of yourself and your children! Encourage them to eat! And they will thank you with their sonorous laughter and sincere childlike love.