Cholecystitis is an inflammatory disease of the gallbladder, which can occur in both children and adults. Most often it is caused by a change in the physical and chemical characteristics of bile – the excess cholesterol contained in it crystallizes, turns into stones and promotes thickening of bile, which often contributes to inflammatory processes. In such a situation, in addition to treatment with drugs, a special diet is prescribed, which reduces the burden on the body. Especially important is the diet with exacerbation of cholecystitis.
Principles of diet for cholecystitis
A key menu during inflammation acquires a balanced menu. It is the proper nutrition that becomes the basis on which all subsequent treatment is built. From the strict observance of medical prescriptions depends on the duration of the disease, as well as the severity of its consequences.
There are several schemes of healthy nutrition, capable of leveling the negative effects of chronic cholecystitis and alleviate its symptoms.
The main provocateur of inflammatory phenomena in the gall bladder is the most commonly formed stones. Rigid elements interfere with the circulation of bile, thus violating the natural course of the entire system. It is this factor that determines the need for fractional and, not least, timely nutrition.
Specialists strongly recommend switching to small in volume, but frequent meals (5-6 per day). The basis of the new menu is a scrupulous calculation of the weight of each serving. On one plate of food should not be laid more than 700 g of food.
The amount of food and liquid consumed by a patient with chronic cholecystitis should not exceed 3,5 kg and 2-2,5 L per day, respectively.
In case of inflammation of the gallbladder, doctors advise to limit the intake of foods high in fat, as well as carbohydrates. The menu should include a variety of dietary foods rich in protein compounds. Food should be cooked in a double boiler or boiled. It is recommended to protect the patient from fried, smoked, spicy and other harmful foods as much as possible.
The main purpose of the diet during an acute period of inflammation, in the first place, is considered to be the discharge of the body. Heavy food negatively affects even a healthy person, and the patient needs to rationally approach the issue of nutrition. However, in addition to the obvious benefits, the special regime also helps:
- reduce the intensity of inflammatory processes in the gallbladder;
- normalize the work of the body and bring the system into a natural state;
- to regulate the circulation of bile, and also to improve its secretion;
- tone the muscles and restore the function of contraction.
Diarrhea for exacerbation of the disease
During the exacerbation of chronic cholecystitis, doctors recommend the use of a special diet plan, which assumes a gradual relaxation of dietary requirements as the symptoms of the disease subside.
On the first day (in some cases, this period may take up to two days), the patient is not allowed to take any food other than liquid. Drink should be warm, not below room temperature. It is allowed to drink slightly brewed black tea with the addition of sugar, juice from sweet berries, diluted with water fruit juice, as well as dog rose broths. Drinking should enter the body in small portions, up to 2-3 glasses per day.
The length of this period is also 1-2 days. The patient is allowed to make some variety in the menu. To mitigate the effects of exacerbation of chronic cholecystitis, it is recommended to eat the rubbed food. Each serving should not be more than 150. Most likely at this stage will be the use of:
- soups with a mucous structure based on rice, oatmeal;
- Sparse cereals, similar in consistence with soup;
- various mousses;
- fruit jelly;
- juice from vegetables or fruits;
- compote with mashed fruits.
Cream and butter are strictly forbidden. Also it is necessary to exclude from the menu salt, pickles, canned goods, chocolate and confectionery products, cakes, cakes, sour vegetables and fruits, margarine, fatty milk, baked pastries, spices and spices, alcohol.
When the exacerbation begins to subside, you can make a slight easing. In the food menu, carefully ground cottage cheese, steamed and finely chopped fish, bread crumbs are added. Also, the patient is allowed to eat meat cooked in a double boiler or boiled.
Successful passage through the period of exacerbation does not mean a complete victory over the disease. Unpleasant sensations come back if the patient breaks down and begins to break the diet. In most cases this leads to a relapse and further complications. To avoid such phenomena in chronic cholecystitis, doctors recommend adhering to a diet.
It includes the following foods and dishes:
- soup, cooked on water, without fatty broth, it can be vegetable or sweet;
- meat and fish – should be consumed only in boiled or cooked steamed. In rare cases, you can vary the menu baked in the oven with meat or a meat souffle, but do not get carried away;
- preference is given to watery cereals from various cereals;
- it is allowed to eat vegetables and fruits with a low acid content. They can be eaten without preliminary heat treatment and grinding;
- are dairy products and whole milk in moderate amounts;
- it is allowed to use a small amount of low-fat hard cheese;
- as a drink allowed fruit compotes, loose tea, herbal infusions, mineral water without gas, mors or liquid jelly.
Despite some indulgences, the patient should not often pamper themselves with cheese and dairy products. The use of these products should, rather, be an exception, introducing variety in the menu, rather than a daily rule.
For more convenience, the diet offers a diet that is most preferable for a patient with cholecystitis:
- the first meal is oatmeal porridge boiled on the water, curd with a reduced percentage of fat, a weak tea or a decoction of chamomile. You can add honey to the drink;
- the second meal is a ripe fruit, for example, an apple or low-fat yogurt;
- the third meal is a light vegetable salad, green tea;
- the fourth meal is mashed potatoes, fish cooked with a couple of vegetables, slightly boiled black tea;
- the fifth meal is homemade kefir or low-fat fermented burger.
Diet, in addition to the obvious benefit in the form of normalization of the gallbladder, helps to effectively lose weight.
Restoring the gallbladder, you can return to the usual menu and remove many restrictions.
Diet does not mean completely depriving yourself of delicious food. Healthy eating does not have to be tasteless and unappetizing. There are many recipes that can successfully diversify the daily menu.
One of the most important conditions for the effective treatment of cholecystitis is a timely examination by a doctor. Only by fulfilling all his prescriptions, one can improve the condition of the gallbladder and completely get rid of inflammation.
Cholecystitis is an unpleasant disease that requires a person to be attentive to their diet. It is on how carefully the patient will follow the recommendations of doctors and the rules of healthy eating that his recovery depends. Of course, drug treatment can not be avoided, but it should be remembered that the effectiveness of pharmaceuticals depends entirely on the patient’s lifestyle.