Flatulence is an urgent problem for many people. Usually, the increased formation of gases in the intestine does not require special therapy, it is enough to observe a therapeutic diet. It is known that there are a number of products, because of the use of which the stomach is swollen.
In flatulence, a special diet that excludes products that increase gas production must be observed.
Food should ensure the normal functioning of the intestinal tract. Proper nutrition with flatulence can get rid of gas and swelling.
- It is important to monitor the amounts of soluble fiber. A diet with flatulence and bloating high in fiber, especially if it is injected suddenly, can create an excessive accumulation of gas in the intestine. This type of fiber in large quantities is found in peas, beans, apples, carrots, barley. With such a disease, one should gradually exclude harmful products, and introduce useful ones.
- Reduction of foods rich in raffinose oligosaccharides. These substances are a group of complex carbohydrates possessing properties similar to soluble dietary fibers.
- Avoid certain sweeteners. The foods used should be low in sugar. Monosaccharide alcohols, including xylitol, mannitol and sorbitol, are especially known for their gas-forming as well as laxative effects. Disaccharide alcohols, such as maltitol, are usually better tolerated, but they can also cause flatulence and discomfort in the abdominal area when consumed in large quantities.
- Slow eat food. Products that the patient prefers, play a key role in flatulence. Feeding should be slow to absorb a small amount of air. If people eat fast and rush, most likely the body will get more oxygen, it is not completely absorbed into the bloodstream and accumulates in the intestine.
- After eating, you can not go to bed immediately. For half an hour before meals and after a little walk.
- With flatulence, you can not use water, tea, kefir and other drinks during meals. Perhaps more air penetration, the emergence of swelling.
The temperature of food is important. It happens that too cold or hot food causes excessive gas formation.
During a diet with flatulence, you should eat food at a certain temperature. Cold or hot dishes increase the secretion of the pancreas and increases irritation of the intestine.
All food is prepared without salt, at least 6-8 g per day. Products can be boiled, baked, stewed and steamed.
What can you eat? With propensity to flatulence, patients should be added to the diet food that does not cause gases in the intestine. It is necessary to make a diet of products that reduce fermentation processes and affect them.
Permitted products with flatulence:
- Peppermint has been used for centuries in cooking and medicine. It became known due to beneficial effects on the digestive tract, recommended for people with increased gas production. One of the studies conducted in Italy showed that 75% of patients adding peppermint to nutrition, went on the mend and significantly decreased the manifestation of flatulence.
- Amaranth. The seeds of this ancient tree were the main product of the Aztecs and the Incas. Schyrica is very nutritious, it is considered one of the best plants to eliminate flatulence. Amaranth is added to food if the abdomen is swollen only if necessary. Seeds of shirits can be fried and added to any dish.
- Ginger is an old remedy for flatulence in adults. This spice is well known for its ability to relieve the symptoms of gastrointestinal upset, usually used when bloating. Fresh ginger can be bought at any store.
- Fennel seeds have been used for centuries to stimulate digestion, prevent bloating and to get rid of flatulence. The key active component of fennel seeds is terpenoid anethole, which inhibits spasms in smooth muscles, including in the intestine. In Italy, this product is often added to sausages and meat dishes.
- Pineapple contains bromelain, which helps in the digestion of proteins. Most of this enzyme is contained in the stem, it should be added to salads, since it is unpleasant to taste.
- Papaya. The fruit must be eaten daily for flatulence and swelling. It contains the enzyme papain, digesting protein, and a number of other active compounds that can fight with increased gas production. Papaya is a good addition to salads.
- In addition to excellent taste, basil is an effective tool for solving a variety of digestive problems, it is also recommended for use in flatulence.
- Natural yogurt that contains probiotic bacteria, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium bifidum, can help reduce gassing. These probiotic bacteria live in the digestive tract and help digestion and combat the growth of harmful microorganisms, thereby preventing the accumulation of excess gas.
Diet with bloating – the main way to help achieve a positive result in a short period of time. To get rid of bloating, the patient’s diet should include only the permitted products.
When swelling cure ailment quickly you can, if you eat this food:
- from the pumpkin prepare mashed potatoes;
- beetroot salads are very useful;
- white bread, but not fresh;
- dairy products;
- light soups;
- prunes, apricots, pomegranates.
There are with flatulence, you can all cereals, except for banned. From drinks preference is given to juices, to any kinds of tea, coffee is possible, but in limited quantities.