Principles of nutrition with increased creatinine
Nutrition in cases of impaired kidney function and other pathologies that provoke a high level of creatinine plays an important role. Increase the level of creatine can with alcohol abuse, as well as whole milk, strong tea and coffee.
. In order to properly follow all the dietary subtleties, it is important to know the list of products that are allowed and prohibited for this violation.
Products to be abandoned:
- Fatty meat: pork, beef, duck and goose meat.
- Fatty fish.
- Milk in its pure form.
- Strong tea and coffee.
- Fried dishes.
- Smoked meat.
- Products containing salt, table salt or sea salt.
- Spices, spices, spicy foods.
Important! If the level of creatinine is greatly increased, then the products should be completely excluded from the menu with the addition of salt and sugar.
Products recommended for use with increased creatine:
- fresh vegetables;
- fruit in any quantity, except for those that contain an increased amount of sugars (grapes, for example);
- fermented milk products;
- vegetable oil;
- Clean water at least two liters per day. With renal insufficiency, the drinking regime is strictly controlled and negotiated with the attending physician;
- greens – parsley, dill, lettuce, cilantro, basil;
- dried fruits;
- bran and fiber;
- flour products and pasta from coarse flour and durum wheat.
Food should be as gentle as possible, rich in vitamins and minerals.
Approximate menu for an adult for a day can include such a set of products:
- meat recommended varieties – from 61 to 125 gr .;
- bread of their coarse flour – from 100 to 150 gr .;
- sour cream – up to 50 gr .;
- sour milk drinks – kefir, yoghurt, starter – up to 250 ml;
- potatoes – from 250 to 335 gr. The higher the level of creatinine, the less potato is allowed;
- other vegetables in any form – up to 400 gr .;
- cereals – up to 200 gr .;
- macaroni – up to 150 gr .;
- fruit, except grapes, in any quantity;
- water, compotes, fruit drinks, fresh on the instructions of a doctor.
It should be borne in mind that the upper limits of the amount of recommended products are acceptable only with a slight deviation of the indicator from the norms, and also in the case of physiological hypercreatininaemia. In other cases it is important to follow the lower values.
If the increased level of creatine is caused by inefficient nutrition, then a balanced diet will help to quickly restore the disorder. When exposed to other etiological factors, a properly formulated diet and diet with elevated creatinine in the blood will help prevent dangerous complications, and also serve as additional methods of treatment.