Diet for osteochondrosis of the spine is part of a complex therapy, without which it is impossible to achieve recovery. Nutrition for osteochondrosis of the spine does not require strict restrictions, if there is no excess weight. The health of any patient directly depends on what is used for food. Therefore, it is necessary to eat only useful products.
It is rational to organize a fractional food consisting of 5-6 receptions of low-calorie food. Introduce a sufficient amount of plant fiber, proteins, complex carbohydrates and “correct” fats.
The energy value of the diet varies depending on the individual characteristics of the body, height, sex, age and the type of activity of the patient. On average 2300-2500 calories for women and 3000-3200 calories for men. In the presence of excessive body weight, the calorie content of the diet is cut.
Proper nutrition with osteochondrosis helps to normalize the process of digestion and provide soft tissues of vertebrae with necessary substances. For patients with osteochondrosis it is necessary to organize a dietary diet enriched with:
- Calcium, which is abundant in dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, black bread, beets. Also, the mineral is found in dates, sesame, broccoli and herbs (parsley, dill basil);
- Magnesium. Its norm can be typed bananas, avocados, sea cabbage, cucumbers, oatmeal, millet, dried apricots and legumes. Magnesium is rich in nuts (peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews);
- Phosphorus. In sufficient quantity it is in white cabbage and broccoli, cottage cheese and hard cheeses, fish and seafood, figs, dates and celery;
- Vitamin A – carrots, peaches, apricots, potatoes, peas and tomatoes;
- Vitamin B – milk, seafood, red meat, broccoli;
- Vitamin C – dogrose, citrus, black currant, sauerkraut, parsley, bell pepper, sea buckthorn and viburnum;
- Vitamin D – butter 82%, eggs, hard cheeses, beans, beef liver and sea fish.
One of the causes of the onset of the disease and an obstacle to a speedy recovery is overweight. Each extra kilogram has a negative impact on the spine and intervertebral disks, deforming and destroying cartilaginous tissues. This problem is especially common in women. Therefore, a diet for osteochondrosis should be adjusted so that it does not contain high-calorie, not good for the body food.
Also, when the disease develops, one can not eat:
- Fast-food and semi-finished products;
- Overly salty and spicy food;
- Sweet carbonated drinks and alcohol;
You also need to know that you can not abuse at first glance quite harmless products:
- Bread and sweets;
- Sausages and smoked products;
- Beef and pork fat, lard;
- Concentrated broth.
The list of junk foods also includes strong tea and coffee. Contained in drinks, caffeine interferes with the absorption of nutrients necessary for osteochondrosis, removes calcium and zinc from the body. Therefore, it is better to replace coffee with chicory, and not drink strong tea.
With the development of cervical osteochondrosis, doctors strongly recommend patients to exclude salt from the menu.
Nutrition for cervical osteochondrosis should provide the patient with all the necessary vitamins and minerals. The basis of the diet should be complex carbohydrates and high-grade proteins. It is worth leaving the place 10% of fats, mostly of vegetable origin.
The diet with osteochondrosis of the cervical department pays much attention to the drinking regime. In a day, you must drink at least 2,5-3 liters of pure still water. At the same time, the liquid in dishes (soups, borsch, compotes) does not count.
Nutrition for osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine and lumbar region does not differ from the diet of breast osteochondrosis.
If osteochondrosis is diagnosed, food does not have strict limitations. Most likely, it can be called not a curative food, but a menu of the foundations of proper nutrition, which can be adhered to indefinitely. However, the desired effect from it will be obtained with strict exclusion of prohibited products. An approximate version of the daily ration on 3 day is as follows.
- Breakfast: steam omelet, a cup of soft tea;
- Lunch: baked apple with cottage cheese and honey;
- Lunch: soup with noodles, steamed turkey with vegetable salad;
- Snack: seasonal berries or fruit;
- Dinner: baked fish with vegetables, a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese with nuts and unsweetened yoghurt;
- Lunch: jelly or lentil mashed potatoes;
- Lunch: lean borscht, steamed burgers with buckwheat;
- Afternoon snack: vegetable stew, hips from rose hips;
- Dinner: seafood salad and greens, a glass of ryazhenka;
- Breakfast: oatmeal porridge on milk with raisins and dried fruits;
- Lunch: fruit jelly or dessert “bird’s milk”;
- Lunch: soup with meatballs, chicken chop with wheat porridge;
- Afternoon snack: grated carrot or green apple;
- Dinner: liver pie with fresh parsley, a glass of curdled milk.
The diet for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region is identical, except that it can have a slightly smaller daily calorie. The area of the sacral spine to relieve the load requires weight reduction.
In the daily diet should always be present a portion of fresh vegetables and fruits. The list includes apples, pears, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, parsley roots, celery and other seasonal products. Fruits and vegetables containing vitamin C should be eaten every day, as it does not accumulate by the body.
Nutrition for osteochondrosis should not be short-lived. A quality balanced diet is part of a comprehensive therapy aimed at eliminating the disease and minimizing the risk of osteochondrosis in the future. In addition to proper nutrition, there are special diets that are popular with osteochondrosis.
All types of sodium chloride contribute to fluid loss. Dystrophy and deformation of interchillious tissues, resulting from dehydration, leads to the development of osteochondrosis. Therefore, it is advisable, if nutrition with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and other parts of the back will contain a minimum amount of salt. It is not worth completely refusing this product. Salt is involved in some vital processes for the body.
In parallel with the restriction of salt, excessive consumption of sugar should be avoided. Its excellent substitute will be honey and dried fruits.
Rice breakfasts are another way to reduce osteochondrosis. Every morning for 6 weeks, start with a mucosa of rice porridge without adding oil and any spices. After breakfast for 4-5 hours nothing to eat or drink, then goes according to plan the usual diet from the list of allowed products.
The regime of rice diet removes excess water from the body, which accumulates in the vertebrae, lower the salt content in the cartilaginous tissue and reduce the amount of toxins that cause pathological processes.
A healthy lifestyle with osteochondrosis is the right way to achieve a speedy recovery. Characteristic for the period of the disease, mobility limitations must be eliminated. The patient must learn to lie, sit, stand and take the load right. Proper nutrition, like walking in the fresh air or gymnastics in scoliosis – part of a healthy lifestyle. If it is immaculately observed, the disease must “back up”.