Benign tumor of the ovary (ovarian cyst) is more common in women of reproductive age (20-39 years). It is a capsule formation, filled with fluid and localizing in the tissues of the ovary. The size of the cyst can be different – from 1 to 20 centimeters. The clinical picture is non-specific and is manifested by irregularities in the menstrual cycle, pain and infertility.
Diet in the ovarian cyst is aimed at preventing its growth and malignancy and excludes the use of:
- An increased number of meat products and fats, which is accompanied by an increase in the level of estrogens in blood. Growth of any formations stimulate trans fats and animal fats, they should be excluded from the diet.
- A lot of tea, coffee, chocolate, cocoa, pepsi-cola, containing methylxanthines – this can cause the growth of education and contribute to the accumulation of more fluid in it.
- Products with preservatives, semi-finished products, vinegar, canned food, fast food, moldy bread and spoiled fruit, yeast bread, drinks with sugar and dyes.
- Products that interfere with liver function and have a toxic effect on it – fried, fatty foods, alcohol, spicy spices and seasonings.
- Simple carbohydrates (sweets, sweets, pastries, confectionery with cream). This is especially true for overweight. The diet should be aimed at reducing weight and normalizing carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
- Uncountable products to avoid rotting and fermentation in the intestines.
Meals should include:
- Easily assimilated, natural food (without preservatives and colorants).
- A large amount of fiber, which contributes to the removal of toxic substances and excess hormones. Fiber has an anti-cancer effect. It is noticed that the sluggish activity of the intestine (constipation) and changes in the intestinal microflora, are associated with the formation and growth of cysts, so daily consumption of vegetables and fruits, cereals and bran in sufficient quantities is necessary.
- Sufficient amount of liquid (1,5-2 L per day). Prevents the development of constipation and removes Toxins from the body.
- Predominantly fish and seafood – the Mediterranean diet is the best choice.
- Vitamins, microelements, antioxidants with antitumor activity.
For example, germinated grains have a full micro- and macronutrient composition, contain enzymes and amino acids, have a detoxification effect (promote the excretion of metals, nitrates and carcinogens).
Vitamin E – famous antioxidant, two forms of it (delta- и gamma-tocopherols) prevent cancer. They are found in nuts, corn, soy, rapeseed oil, dried apricots, sea buckthorn, carrots, pears, bananas, cottage cheese, oatmeal and buckwheat.
The diet should include foods rich in selenium, which has an antitumor effect. It can be obtained by eating the liver (turkey, duck, chicken, pork, beef, eggs, corn, beans, brown rice, lentils, barley, pistachios, peanuts, walnuts, wheat germ, peas, broccoli, tomatoes, garlic, dried fruits, seeds.Green tea removes free radicals, so it must be consumed.
Not every education can be malignant, but its growth, especially in pre-menopausal age, may be an unfavorable sign. Expectant tactics in an unclear clinical picture is fraught with the progression of the disease and various complications. Torsion or perforation of education, its growth, the appearance of signs of malignancy, and the unsuccessfulness of drug treatment are indications for surgical treatment.
Great importance in acquires laparoscopy, allowing to determine the exact nature of the process and decide on the tactics of treatment. This is not only an indispensable diagnostic method, but also a medical-surgical method, since 90% of operations are performed with laparoscopic access.
Laparoscopic surgery is low-traumatic and safe. During the operation, express diagnostics are performed, which allows to correctly resolve the question of the scope of intervention and the tactics of patient management in the future. Cysts are produced (epithelial, dermoid, endometrioid) and removed with part of the ovary (cystadenomas, teratomas).
Diet after laparoscopy ovarian cysts
The first 6-8 hours after the operation, a woman is allowed to drink still water. In the morning, a puree and semi-liquid food is allowed – low-fat broth, yogurt, boiled scrambled meat and fish, oatmeal or rice, if not constipation.
After a day, the food after laparoscopy is enlarged by introducing:
- cottage cheese, cottage cheese puddings and casseroles;
- eggs in the form of an omelet;
- vegetable soups;
- porridge with the addition of milk;
- steam cutlets, turkey knuckles, beef chicken.
Since 4 days, the food does not differ from the usual, but excludes salty, spicy, spicy, fatty and fried foods. It is forbidden to drink alcohol. After removal of the cyst during 2-3 days, pain in the ovaries and in the abdomen is disturbed. Recommended rest, shaving postoperative scars and compliance with restrictions:
- sexual rest for one month;
- sports training to begin in a month, starting with the minimum load and bring within a month to the usual level;
- do not engage in heavy physical labor and 3 months do not raise more than 3 kg.
The menstrual cycle in some women is restored quickly. Sometimes there are delays from the usual date, but during the 2-3 months it is fully restored.
Diet in the ovarian cyst includes:
- Vegetables without nitrates. In the diet include all green leaf lettuces, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes, pumpkin, beets, carrots, zucchini, lettuce, ginger, beans, Jerusalem artichoke, garlic, greens in salads and soups. Vegetables with red and yellow coloration (red pepper, carrots, yellow pepper, pumpkin) contain carotenoids with antitumor effect. The development of cancer cells is stopped by anthocyanins, which are found in eggplants, red cabbage and beetroot.
- It is useful to include onions and garlic in fresh form if there are no contraindications from the gastrointestinal tract. In all salads and other dishes you need to introduce sea kale as a source of iodine, zinc and fiber. Vegetables, if possible, are used in raw form, and if poorly tolerated – in processed form.
- Fruits and berries – 200 g per day or more. This can be any fruit you prefer and well tolerated.
- Whole-grain bread, bran, bread with bran, nuts, flax seed, apricot kernels, seeds contain fiber, so they should be present in the diet daily.
- Dietary meat (chicken and turkey) is consumed in the form of cutlets or a piece. Meat is boiled or baked. It is better to give preference to fish and seafood, as these proteins are easier to digest.
- Soups are prepared on vegetable broth, you can use a secondary meat broth. Soups can be cooked vegetable or cereal, you can eat borsch, cabbage soup and rassolniki (not very salty).
- The first dishes are not allowed to fry to minimize the use of thermally processed fats.
- Any crumbly porridge (with constipation eliminates rice, with concomitant pathology of the intestines – millet and pearl barley). Preference is given to buckwheat. Porridge is boiled on the water, you can add milk, cook cereal pancakes, puddings or casseroles.
- Sour-milk products and freshly prepared curds are included in food daily.
- Preference should be given to the “live” yogurt and yoghurt, which normalize the microflora. A well-functioning flora has an anti-carcinogenic effect.
- Two eggs a day (soft-boiled or scrambled eggs).
- Unrefined vegetable oils added to ready meals.
- Green tea, a variety of freshly squeezed juices (cabbage and grape are limited, which can cause bloating).
Totally or partially limited products
- Products with stabilizers, emulsifiers, dyes and sweeteners are all highly ionic.
- Animal fats, fatty meat, red meat, long-term storage products with additives, margarine, cooking fats, fried foods, mayonnaise.
- Baking from peeled flour, baking, cakes, cakes.
- Any canned food, pickles, sauces, marinades, smoked products, sausages in view of the content of dyes and preservatives.
- Strong coffee, black tea, chocolate, sugar and simple carbohydrates, which stimulate the growth of cancer cells.
The diet should consist of animal products only on 1 / 3, and 2 / 3 constitute products of plant origin. It should be varied by including all kinds of vegetables and cereals. Breakfast can consist of cereals, salads, cottage cheese or eggs. Porridges should be consumed with the addition of seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, flax), raisins, dried apricots, nuts.
The second breakfast is fresh fruit or cottage cheese. For lunch – vegetable soups, salads from fresh vegetables, boiled fish, which is easier to digest than meat, so it is better to include it in the diet as often as possible. A large amount of fiber contains legumes, in addition – they are a source of protein, so try to incorporate them every other day.
Vegetable oils are introduced into ready meals. Make your diet healthy, excluding confectionery, chocolate, cakes, sweets can serve fruits and dried fruits.
- borsch vegetarian;
- Pepper stuffed with chicken and vegetables;
- Balanced and can be used constantly.
- Contains a sufficient amount of fiber and helps to eliminate toxins.
- A large amount of fiber can be poorly tolerated by patients.
This food is balanced, healthy and can be constantly adhered to. Restrictions apply to fatty, fried foods, canned food, smoked foods, sweets, which are not products of a healthy diet. Having benign education, and not wanting to be operated on, women should especially carefully monitor their health – lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right and avoid insolation. In the reviews it is noted that such a diet is easily tolerated and is useful for all family members.