The development of oxalates in urine is called “oxalaturia”. It provokes a failure in the exchange of oxalic acid. It is important that patients have a diet with oxalate kidney stones. Proper nutrition with this disease helps not only to recover, but also to prevent the re-development of the disease.
Basic principles and rules of the diet with oxalate kidney stones
Proceeding from the fact that oxalate stones in the kidneys appear in the process of increased accumulation of oxalic acid in the body, the first thing that a patient needs to do is to limit the intake of food containing oxalic acid. In addition, there are the following food rules:
- Do not overeat.
- Take food at least 4-x times a day, while portions should be small.
- Make a meal schedule in such a way that food enters the body in the same amount of time.
- Restrict food in salt.
- Exclude spicy, smoked and acidic food.
- Do physical work.
Nutrition for oxalaturia for adults
Nutrition with elevated oxalate includes eating enough calories, protein, fat and carbohydrates that the body needs to function properly. In addition, the exclusion of certain products from the menu makes it possible to prevent the onset of oxalate-calcium crystallium. The diet is prescribed by the doctor, based on the individual characteristics of the patient and his taste preferences.
When detecting oxalate stones in the kidneys, doctors recommend eating the following food:
- a large number of vegetables, including carrots, pumpkins, cucumbers;
- fruits such as black currant, peaches, cherries, melons, bananas, apricots, pears, watermelons;
- dried fruits;
- yesterday’s bread;
- dairy products;
- vegetable soups (it is allowed to add cereals and lean meat);
- compotes, natural juices, fruit drinks;
- cereals and pasta from durum wheat.
Diet with kidney stones in children should be based on reducing the intake of carbohydrates and reducing the amount of salt. Children should enter as many natural vitamins as possible in the daytime diet and add medicines containing multivitamins. In cases where children do not have contraindications to decoction of wild rose and to natural fruit and vegetable juices, they need to dilute the diet.
The diet for oxalates in urine in children involves the use of such food:
- fruit, which allows to excrete oxalates more quickly (plum, banana, pear, apple);
- products rich in vitamin B6 (liver and various cereals);
- products with a high amount of magnesium (sea kale, dried fruits, oatmeal, wheat bran);
- products with a lot of fiber and pectins (raspberries, beans, nuts).
Food that should be restricted
It is important to completely exclude from the diet of a sick child the following:
- fatty, spicy and spicy food;
- soups on fat broths;
- products that contain gelatin.
Features of the diet with oxalate stones
The daily norm of carbohydrates with an increased content of oxalate in urine should be at least 300 grams, 75 of which should be sugar. Proteins need about 70-80 grams, of which 60% should be given to animal proteins, and 40% – plant. Fats must enter the body within 80 grams, 40% of which are vegetable, and 60% – animal fats. Daily intake of salt is allowed in an amount not more than 10 grams. The total energy value of the diet per day is approximately 2500 kilocalories. Experts recommend not to exceed and not too reduce the daily rate of calories.
The diet involves the use of such a number of products:
- sour-milk (special preference to give cottage cheese);
- vegetable soups;
- eggs (not more than 1-th piece);
- large number of vegetables;
- lean fish and meat;
- fruit (excluding sour);
- vegetables (tomatoes, cabbage, carrots);
- fruit drinks and compotes.
Mineral water and drinking regime
Nutrition with oxalate in the kidneys implies not only a change in the diet of food, but also a change in the drinking diet. The patient needs to pay attention to the fact that the amount of fluid consumed per day should not be less than 2-liters. In addition to the usual drinking water, it is important to drink special herbal teas that cause the dissolution of stones and have a diuretic effect. The organism of the patient needs to be alkalinized, for this purpose the mineral water copes well. A person is allowed to drink not only the usual mineral water, but also water with alkaline reaction, which will create an even stronger effect. In addition, experts recommend drinking cucumber or other juice from vegetables.
Sample menu for a week with oxalate in the urine
Menu with oxalate stones in the kidney should be based on food, which is used in baked, cooked and stewed. It is also permitted to cook food for a couple, but roasting is important to completely eliminate. Pay attention to the fact that the sour milk can be consumed only in the 1-th half of the day. Consider an approximate weekly menu for a diet.
- for breakfast, you can cook porridge with the addition of fruit in it, drink freshly squeezed juice;
- in the second meal it is allowed to consume cottage cheese and drink it with a glass of kefir;
- prepare a vegetarian soup for dinner with the addition of buckwheat, drink Morse;
- for a mid-morning snack they use the allowed fruit and drink it with a weak tea;
- dinner involves boiled lean meat with cereal, vegetable salad and compote.
- breakfast starts with cereals in milk and drinks it with natural juice;
- for the second breakfast will suit berries and dried bread, cooked from bread;
- in the afternoon, it is allowed to use steamed cutlets, cucumber salad, and tea;
- at noon you can eat a sandwich with yesterday’s bread, low-fat cheese and butter and drink a light tea;
- dinner consists of baked lean fish, cabbage salad dressed with vegetable oil, and freshly squeezed juice.
- for breakfast, eat buckwheat porridge and vegetable salad, drink a cup of weak tea;
- The second breakfast includes fruit casserole and mors;
- cooked beef, stewed vegetables and freshly squeezed juice for lunch;
- on a mid-morning snack they consume a fruit salad filled with cottage cheese;
- for supper, a lean type of fish is allowed, which is baked with vegetables and washed down with berry juice.
- For breakfast prepare oatmeal with fruit or butter and drink a cup of weak tea;
- the second meal includes eating fruit and kefir;
- for lunch you can eat mashed potatoes with milk, boiled fish, cucumber and drink a glass of jelly;
- for a mid-morning snack – boiled egg and vegetable salad;
- dinner consists of cabbage cutlets baked in the oven, a small piece of boiled chicken and freshly squeezed juice.
- breakfast involves wheat porridge, 1 egg and tomato, a glass of kefir;
- at the second breakfast they eat fruit salad and drink with yoghurt;
- for lunch, prepare cabbage soup, in which you can add a little lean meat, a salad of vegetables with cottage cheese, washed down with compote;
- for a snack they eat apples or bananas;
- for dinner, it is allowed to eat steamed chicken cutlets from chicken fillet, cabbage salad dressed with vegetable oil, and drink mors.
- breakfast is allowed for the preparation of sandwiches from yesterday’s bread, unsalted cheese and butter, which you can drink with weak tea;
- for the second breakfast – cottage cheese with fruit and sour cream;
- at lunch you can eat lean borsch, boiled chicken fillet and 1 egg, drink freshly squeezed juice;
- in the afternoon snacks are consumed by lazy vareniki;
- dinner involves a vinaigrette without the addition of beets, boiled chicken fillet and berry juice.
- for breakfast – rice porridge on milk and freshly squeezed juice;
- at the reception of food prepare a fruit pie and drink compote;
- dinner includes stewed vegetables, boiled veal and jelly;
- a fruit salad is eaten on a mid-morning snack;
- for dinner use macaroni from durum wheat, baked chicken fillet and vegetable salad, drink soft tea.
Recipes with oxalate in urine
Wheat porridge with carrots. To prepare, you will need 3 glass of liquid, 300 gram of wheat cereal, 2 bulbs and carrots, a little butter. In the pan pour water, bring to a boil, pour the rump. Then the vegetables are cut in any convenient way and fried in a pan until half cooked. After that, fried vegetables are mixed with porridge and put in the oven for 30 minutes. It is important to ensure that the porridge is not burnt.
Vegetable stew. You will need to take carrots, bulbs, 5 potatoes, half a cabbage, a little vegetable oil, bay leaf. To begin with, you need to peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes, pour water and bring to a boil, then cook for about 10 minutes. Grate the carrots, chop the onions and send them into the water with potatoes, boil 10 minutes, then add the cabbage, vegetable oil and bay leaf, salt. Boil another 15 minutes at low heat.
Pumpkin Pancakes. You should make a pumpkin, a glass of flour, a little sugar, salt and honey. Pumpkin will need to be peeled, removed from the inside and grated. Then add flour, sugar, salt and honey and mix well. The resulting mixture is formed in the form of frigging and bake in the oven on a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil, about 15 minutes.
Vegetable soup. To make soup you need to take 2 liters of water, 4 potatoes, 2 carrots, 6 cauliflower inflorescences, a little dill. First you should clean and cut the potatoes, and grate the carrots. Put a pan of water on the stove, bring to a boil and add crushed vegetables into it, boil for about 10 minutes, then add cabbage and salt. Soup cook for about 15 minutes and serve, sprinkled with chopped dill.