Gastritis and pancreatitis develop in the patient together quite often. These diseases provoke inflammatory processes of the stomach and pancreas mucosa. Diet in pancreatitis and gastritis becomes an important component of a whole complex of conservative treatment.
General rules for feeding the patient
- fasting during exacerbation. Not always the patient manages to maintain the state of remission and the chronic course of the disease. When there is an exacerbation of the disease, there is an increase in unpleasant symptoms, for example, nausea, pain in the abdomen and an increase in body temperature. To these manifestations of the disease as soon as possible subsided, the total food failure of the first 2-4 days is needed. The duration of fasting depends on the severity and intensity of the manifestation of the disease. During this period it is allowed to drink water;
- small portion volume. In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, it is recommended to take food 5-6 once a day. The size of the portion should not exceed 250 g. Such a diet does not overload the affected organs and allows them to function normally;
- thorough chewing. Consumed food for pancreatitis and gastritis should be crushed. At first, vegetables are prepared, steamed and ultimately scuffed. After switching to food with lump food, the patient must thoroughly chew food to minimize mechanical effects on the mucous membranes. In addition, chewing food promotes a quality impregnation with enzymes, which ensure the qualitative digestion and transformation of food into a source of human energy;
- exclude unhealthy snacks. More frequent meals do not mean that people should eat on the go and in a hurry. Each meal should take place in a relaxed environment. Food should be healthy and meet the prescribed diet. It should contain enough of its own moisture, so that a person does not have to drink excessively dry food with water. Drinking during meals worsens the interaction of enzymes with food, which in turn makes digestion difficult;
- refusal of the habit of late supper. After the last meal must pass at least 2-h hours before bedtime. It is necessary that at night the stomach rested, and not engaged in digesting food. Eating at a later time adversely affects the health of a person. The digestion and enzyme secretion processes slow down, the absorption of nutrient and nutrient components deteriorates. Because of this, the body does not receive the necessary quality food for it;
- normal food temperature. The food consumed by the patient should not be too hot or cold. Food should be a little warm and pleasant temperature, so as not to irritate the mucous organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
General recommendations for cooking
Proper nutrition with gastritis and pancreatitis can be arranged at home. For this, the food is prepared separately for the patient. First time after the exacerbation of food is recommended to cook for a couple or boil. In the future it is allowed to put it out, but about such a method as frying, a person with gastritis and pancreatitis will have to be forgotten. During frying in a dry frying pan or with the addition of sunflower oil, substances that irritate the gastrointestinal tract and exert additional stress on it form in food.
Meat broth is consumed second, that is, the first broth from cooking meat is used to prepare meals for healthy family members. The cooked meat is again put in clean water and the cooking process is repeated. This broth is obtained by diet and low-fat. For its preparation low-fat meat is used, for example, beef.
Vegetables for steaming before use beforehand are ground with a blender or interrupted to a puree state. The same can be done with cooked cereals to turn them into a paste. When the period of exacerbation passes, it is allowed to season the prepared food with a small amount of butter. Season with salt, pepper and irritating pancreatic spices. It is also worth noting the seasonings, which may contain dyes and artificial additives to improve the taste of food.
The patient will have to get used to the unusual food nostrils. Attempts to add flavor to vegetable, meat dishes or porridges with the help of various condiments can result in a new attack of exacerbation.
What can and can not be eaten with pancreatitis and gastritis: a list of foods
The effectiveness of treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in many respects depends on the correctly compiled list of products that are permitted and prohibited for consumption. Conservative treatment of gastritis and pancreatitis will never give the desired results and long-term remission, if the patient does not follow his diet, using his favorite dishes.
In the absence of signs and symptoms of an acute condition, the patient’s diet significantly expands. The table shows food that can be consumed without harm to health, and those that are excluded entirely from food because of their negative effects on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is very difficult to refuse many favorite dishes and food. It is especially difficult for patients to follow a diet, when the rest of the family is not limited in choosing their food. Relatives and relatives can help a person get used to a new diet if they eat for a while according to a prescribed diet. If this is not possible, then for a while you should forget about homemade baking, fried dishes, buying smoked sausages and other delicacies that were familiar in the family. The less there are temptations for the patient in the house, the sooner he will become accustomed to proper nutrition and will not suffer from limitations.
Diet for gastritis and pancreatitis: a menu for a week
After exacerbation of diseases, the diet is necessary in order to reduce the amount of secreted gastric and pancreatic juices. Proper nutrition helps reduce the intensity of symptoms and ease the patient’s discomfort. After several days of starvation, the dishes introduced into the diet should be as balanced as possible, contain proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
The approximate menu for the week is as follows:
- puree from boiled potatoes;
- wheat crumbs;
- still mineral water. Drinking for 15-20 minutes before breakfast.
- protein omelet from 2 eggs;
- chicken cutlet for a couple;
- dried bread slice from wheat flour.
- soup, cooked on the second broth from chicken fillet;
- a piece of fish for a couple;
- boiled vegetables.
As a snack, you can use a homemade jelly or jelly from the allowed fruit.
- oat porridge on the water with the addition of a small amount of carrot puree;
- A glass of milk with a dried piece of bread.
In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract it is necessary to observe a strict diet
- buckwheat porridge – portion 100 g;
- boiled and chopped piece of beef;
- a glass of water without gas, drunk for 15 minutes before breakfast.
- fruit souffle prepared at home.
- a serving of vegetable soup with pasta;
- mashed potatoes;
- fish, steamed.
Baked apple 1-2 pcs.
With diseases of the gastrointestinal tract it is necessary to adhere to a therapeutic diet
- albumen omelet from two eggs;
- a glass of low-fat milk;
- a slice of dried wheat bread.
- puree from cauliflower;
- meatballs from beef;
- not strong tea.
- curd pudding with baked fruit.
- vegetables baked in the oven;
- fish baked in the oven with vegetables.
- a slice of wheat bread, dried in a toaster.
If you feel well and reduce the intensity of symptoms from the seventh day of the diet, you can supplement the diet with a small amount of butter, which is added to the porridge. Gradually, the calorie content of dishes increases, but should remain within 2500 calories per day.
To know which diet for pancreatitis and gastritis maximally quickly and effectively put a person on their feet, eliminate unpleasant symptoms and help prevent complications, you should consult a specialist for detailed advice and menu.