Pancreatitis and gastritis quite often occur together, because in our body everything is interconnected. Pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. This body takes a lot of part in the digestion process, because it releases an important hormone, insulin. Gastritis is manifested as a lesion of the mucous wall of the stomach. The main stage of treatment for both diseases, especially if they go together – is a diet for pancreatitis and gastritis. It includes not only the recommendations for products, but also the general rules for compiling a diet. Drug therapy to eliminate pancreatitis and gastritis is completely useless if the food is not properly formulated.
In general terms, the genetic factor, combined with an unhealthy lifestyle, most often leads to both diseases. If you further deepen the issue, you can identify several groups of causes for which there is pancreatitis or gastritis.
General recommendations on dietary nutrition
Diet in pancreatitis and gastritis requires not only the exclusion of certain particularly harmful foods from the diet. In addition to these recommendations, you can identify and general tips on meals, their frequency and methods of preparation.
General recommendations include the following:
- Nutrition for diseases of the digestive system should be fractional. To do this, it is necessary to increase the total amount of food intake approximately in 2 times. Instead of the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner, a day you should have two breakfasts, lunch, a snack and two more dinners. The size of portions in this case is reduced by half and the entire daily norm of food is no longer divided into 3 methods, but by 6. It turns out, if earlier, at a time you ate about 400 g of food, then with fractional nutrition, the size of one serving should not exceed 200 g. Such an approach in the diet can significantly reduce the load on the digestive tract.
- There should be thoughtful, thoroughly chewing every bit. To do this, it is necessary to completely eliminate all distractions. Go in complete silence, do not be distracted by watching movies, watching TV, reading books, writing in social networks. Because of such habits during a meal, you will not thoroughly chew food, but swallow it with large enough pieces. All this can lead to a serious complication of the digestive system.
- The last meal should be no later than 2 hours before bedtime. As a second supper, it is best to use light foods with a predominant protein content, for example, low-fat sour-milk drinks, boiled chicken or egg whites. Sometimes you can use fresh vegetables. The stomach at night also needs rest, but it is too early before going to bed, it is not recommended, because going to bed hungry is also not very useful for your gastrointestinal tract.
Recommendations for cooking
Any even the most dietary product can be made harmful if it is improperly prepared. For example, take the chicken breast. By itself, it is ideal for any diet. In it, a minimum of fat, a large amount of protein and a bunch of all kinds of trace elements, but if you fry the fillets in oil, you will get extremely harmful with gastritis and pancreatitis dish.
For this reason, a diet with pancreatitis, with gastritis, also requires compliance with the recommendations for cooking:
- Mainly dishes should be cooked by steaming or by cooking. In such a case, the finished product will have a minimum fat content, and all coarse fibers after heat treatment will become easier to digest.
- In rare cases, it is allowed to cook food in a multivariate, oven or with the help of extinguishing. It is necessary to observe only a few rules: to exclude the use of oil and to prevent the formation of coarse crust. For example, in the oven should be prepared with a foil or a special plastic bag.
- All fried on a lot of oil is categorically excluded from your diet. Sometimes you can afford food cooked on non-stick coating, but doing it too often is also not worth it.
- With exacerbation of gastritis, all food should be wiped before use. During the exacerbation of diseases, the walls of the stomach are very inflamed, so that any rough and solid food at this moment can bring unpleasant sensations. Exceptions to this rule are tender meat and fish boiled in one piece.
- When preparing meat or broth, it is desirable to change the water at least once during the process. Then you make the so-called second broth. It will be more dietary, and all harmful fats remain in the first water.
Menu with pancreatitis and gastritis
- Breakfast: mucous oatmeal porridge, a little apple puree instead of a sweetener, a weak tea with sugar.
- Second breakfast: homemade jelly from berries, a little dry biscuit.
- Lunch: steamed beef cutlets with a garnish of boiled vegetables, a permitted drink to choose from.
- Afternoon snack: salad from sea kale.
- Dinner: vegetable cream soup, several slices of coarse bread, a glass of kefir.