Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland, which is also called the prostate. It is exclusively a disease of the male. The main signs of the disease include: fever, pain in the rectum, burning in the urethra and perineum. According to statistics, prostatitis is diagnosed in 80% of men who have reached sexual maturity. The disease is treated in a complex way: with the help of medications and a diet.
The essence of diet
The main causes of prostatitis include:
- Violation of blood circulation, which leads to an increase in prostate volume;
- Infectious nature (as a result of complications of tuberculosis, influenza, angina, and also urological infections);
- Bacterial character (ingestion of bacteria into the prostate through blood or lymph);
- A sedentary lifestyle and low level of physical activity;
- Private hypothermia;
- Improper nutrition (frequent use of fatty, fried foods, baked goods, semi-finished products);
- Harmful habits (smoking, alcohol abuse);
- Weak immune system of the body.
Regardless of the causes of prostatitis, an integrated approach is needed in the treatment of the disease. And, the sooner the treatment begins, the more effective the therapy will be. In addition to drug treatment of prostatitis, a special diet is needed to exclude foods that irritate the prostate and cause fermentation and flatulence in the intestine. First of all, it is necessary to abandon bad habits, in particular from smoking and any alcohol.
The diet for prostatitis in men is balanced and varied. The diet should consist of products containing vitamins A, B, E and C, iron, zinc, calcium, which are contained in cereals, fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy and fermented milk products, fish and seafood.
Diet with prostatitis involves eating dishes in boiled, stewed or baked form. To improve the digestion of food and better assimilation of nutrients, and to prevent constipation, it is necessary to eat dishes of room temperature (including juices, purees).
Useful cereals, cooked on water or milk, vegetable soups, casseroles. Minimize salt intake to prevent swelling. It is necessary to drink as much liquid as possible, at least 2-2,5 liters per day to prevent the occurrence of stagnation of urine.
A therapeutic diet is prescribed for all types of prostatitis (in acute, chronic form, with prostate adenoma and calculous type):
Diet with prostatitis in acute form assumes the use of exceptionally wiped food at room temperature. With increased body temperature and lack of appetite, fasting is allowed for 2-3 days. This shows the abundant use of liquid (water, tea, compotes, jelly).
Diet with prostatitis chronic allows the consumption of certain forbidden foods (mushrooms, smoked products, spices), but in limited quantities. The use of dry wine is allowed, but in small doses, not more than 1 glasses a day. Sharp and salty foods should be excluded from the diet completely.
With calculous prostatitis should follow the same diet as in cases of acute illness. Specificity of treatment of calculous prostatitis, in addition to diet, assumes the use of immunomodulating, analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs.
Permitted and Prohibited Products
Eating with prostatitis and prostate adenoma in men should be aimed at reducing the frequency of relapses and improving intestinal motility. In the diet menu must prevail foods containing fiber, zinc, antioxidants (carotene and vitamin E), vegetable fats.
In the daily diet of men must be present seasoning and cruciferous plants, which have a favorable effect on the course of treatment of the disease:
Diet with prostatitis – allowed products:
- Low-fat meat and poultry (beef, veal, rabbit, turkey, chicken);
- Fish and seafood;
- Eggs (no more than 1 pcs per day);
- Vegetable soups;
- Cereals and cereals (oatmeal, buckwheat, wheat);
- Macaroni products from durum wheat;
- Bread from wholemeal flour (whole grain, rye);
- Dairy and sour-milk products (cottage cheese, kefir, natural yogurt, fermented baked milk);
- Fresh vegetables and herbs (potatoes, beets, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, dill, coriander);
- Fruits (apples, melons, oranges, grapefruits, peaches);
- Vegetable fats (olive, sunflower oil);
- Dried fruits;
- Pumpkin seeds;
- Natural honey.
From drinks are recommended: still water, kissels, rosehip decoctions, compotes, fruit drinks, freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices.
Diet with acute prostatitis – Prohibited foods:
- Alcoholic beverages (including wine, beer, vodka, etc.);
- Fatty grades of meat and poultry (pork, lamb, duck, goose);
- Boiled meat, mushroom and vegetable broths;
- Legumes (lentils, beans, peas);
- By-products (kidneys, liver, brains);
- Refractory fats (sheep, pig);
- Butter buns;
- Canned food;
- Smoked meat;
- Spicy dishes;
- Caviar (red, black);
- Semi-finished products (fast food);
- Sauces (mayonnaise, ketchup);
- Carbonated drinks.
Diet with chronic prostatitis allowed the consumption of mushrooms, spices, fatty meats and smoked foods, as well as wine, but in limited quantities. However, salty and spicy dishes should be completely excluded from their diet with all types of prostatitis, as they contribute to irritation of the prostate gland, as well as the accumulation of salts in the body, which can lead to swelling, stagnation and frequent constipation.
Diet with prostatitis in men: a menu for a week
One of the most important components of treatment of prostatitis in men is a diet aimed at the early achievement of remission. The therapeutic diet with exacerbation of prostatitis by Pevzner is mandatory.
Diet 7 table with prostatitis – an approximate menu for a week (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner):
- Cottage cheese casserole. Dried fruits compote;
- Cream soup with broccoli. 2 a slice of rye bread. Boiled chicken fillet with mustard;
- Mashed potatoes. Carp for a couple. Salad of cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Oatmeal with raisins and honey. Green apple;
- Vegetable soup with rusk bread crumbs. Shrimp;
- Natural yoghurt with chopped parsley;
- The pilaf with horseradish. Carrot cutlets.
- 1 hard-boiled egg. 2 toast from whole grain bread with jam. Broth from a dogrose;
- Vegetable stew. Chicken cutlet steamed with mustard;
- Fish soufflé with parsley. Salad from grated carrots.
- Milk soup. Pumpkin seeds;
- Buckwheat. Meatballs with turkey and mustard. Salad from grated beets;
- Cabbage rolls with beef meat.
- Cheesecakes with sour cream;
- Cream of spinach and parsnip soup. 2 a piece of whole grain bread. Baked bream;
- Orange; Walnuts;
- Puree from potato and parsnip. Beef meatballs.
- Millet porridge. Berry fruit drink;
- Bouillon. Fig. Chicken Rolls;
- Salsola with parsley; Pumpkin seeds;
- Casserole from courgettes. Fish cutlets with a mustard.
- Cottage cheese, dressed with natural yoghurt with parsley;
- Seafood soup. 2 toast from whole grain bread.
- Fruit salad with walnuts;
- Stuffed pepper with veal meat and sour cream.
With an acute feeling of hunger for the night during a diet with the prostatitis it is allowed to grab a handful of walnuts or pumpkin seeds, drink a glass of freshly squeezed vegetable (tomato, carrot) or fruit (apple, orange) juice, kefir, ayran, and ryazhenka. The consumption of purified water without gas in the diet is not standardized and is not limited. To improve intestinal peristalsis, it is recommended to drink at least 1,5 liters of water per day.
Eating with prostatitis plays an important role. Adherence to the therapeutic diet will reduce the number of relapses of the disease, as well as prevent possible constipation that aggravates the course of the disease. During the exacerbation of prostatitis it is necessary to observe a sparing diet, including in the menu: cheese cakes, curd casseroles, carrot chops, fish soufflé, vegetable salads dressed with olive or vegetable oil.
Cottage cheese casserole
- Raisins pour boiling water and leave to steam for a few minutes.
- Stir the sour cream with semolina, leave to swell for 15 minutes.
- Beat on the blender eggs with sugar until a thick foam.
- Beat cottage cheese, mango with sour cream, vanillin, baking powder until homogeneous.
- Add the egg whipped with sugar and swollen raisins to the dough, mix thoroughly.
- Put the dough in a form greased with vegetable oil.
- Bake in preheated to 180 degrees oven for 40-45 minutes.
Cottage cheese casserole is perfect for breakfast during the diet with prostatitis.
- Grind the meat in a meat grinder.
- Peel the onion from the peel, cut into small cubes. Tomatoes to give boiling water, cleanse the skin, cut into slices.
- On a frying pan heated with vegetable oil, fry the onion until golden, add the tomato to it, stew for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the minced meat add gravy, eggs, breadcrumbs, crushed parsley, salt. To stir thoroughly.
- Form meatballs in the form of small tennis balls.
- Pour water into the multivark. The form is covered with foil, so that juice does not flow out of the dish, put meatballs on it. Steam for 30 minutes.
Juicy and tasty meatballs from beef can be included in the diet menu for prostatitis for lunch or dinner.
- Hake fillet 300 gr;
- Potatoes 4 pcs;
- Butter 50 gr;
- Cream 100 ml;
- Eggs 2 pcs;
- Onions 1 pcs;
- Olive oil 2;
- Peel potatoes, boil until ready, remove from water.
- Mix potatoes with butter and cream until they are puree.
- In the water from the potatoes put sliced into pieces of hake, boil until cooked.
- Onions peeled, cut finely, fry until golden in a pre-heated frying pan with olive oil.
- Beat the egg by separating the proteins from the yolks. Proteins beat up until the formation of foam on the blender.
- Put the boiled fish, mashed potatoes, passivated onion, yolk, salt into the bowl of the blender, beat until a homogeneous mass is obtained. In the prepared mass, gently pour the protein with a thin trickle.
- Grease the baking dish with olive oil, lay out the dough.
- Bake in preheated to 200 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
Delicate fish souffle is not only useful, but also an exquisite dish, which can be pampered during the diet with prostatitis.
- Carrots boil until cooked, cool, peeled.
- Grind the carrots in a blender to a consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Add egg and flour to the carrot puree, add salt, mix until smooth.
- Form small cutlets and fry them on both sides to a ruddy crust in a frying pan with preheated vegetable oil.
Carrot cutlets are rich in keratin and fiber, and therefore it's worth to include them in your diet diet for prostatitis.
- Pour into the pan water, bring to a boil, add cloves, cinnamon and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Pour cherries into the water, add sugar.
- In a glass of water, dilute starch.
- Gently pour the starch solution into the kissel, stirring constantly.
- Cook for a few minutes until thick.
Kissel – a favorite dessert of many since childhood, and therefore certainly it is worth including it in the menu of your diet with the prostatitis.
Quitting the diet
With successful treatment of prostatitis, you need to gradually get out of the diet shown. Do not immediately attack the prohibited products, especially for fatty foods, smoked foods and pickles. Food at the exit from the diet for prostatitis should be balanced, contain all vitamins, minerals and trace elements, proteins, fats and carbohydrates necessary for normal vitality.
You should continue to eat according to the menu shown, adding new foods and meals to your diet carefully and gradually. It is recommended to exclude from your usual diet fried dishes, baked pastries and semi-finished products. It is better to give preference to fresh vegetables and fruits, low-fat meat, fish and seafood, dairy and sour-milk products.
It is important to remember that it was one of the causes of prostatitis: smoking, alcohol abuse, sedentary lifestyle, malnutrition, and therefore the transition from a diet to a habitual way of life can provoke a repeated development of the disease. It is important to give up bad habits and increase your physical activity.
Regular exercise (fitness, running, swimming) combined with proper nutrition are the best preventive measure of prostatitis in men. It is also important not to supercool and promptly consult a doctor at the first sign of an infectious disease.