pyelonephritis – an inflammatory disease of the interstitial tissue and the calyxal-pulmonary system of the kidney of an infectious origin. The main reason for its occurrence – coliform, vulgar Proteus, staphylococcus, Klebsiella, enterococcus, streptococcus. Penetration of the infection is possible hematogenous (through the blood) and urogenically (from the urethra, bladder and ureters). An important role in this is played by inflammatory processes in the organs of the urinary system (urethritis, cystitis) and sexual (adnexitis, prostatitis).
An important aspect is the proper nutrition of the patient. What is the diet for this disease? Nutrition during this period should be gentle to the kidneys. Its main points are: elimination of irritating effect on the urinary mucosa and increased urinary excretion.
In order to enhance diuresis, it is recommended to drink 2 liters of liquid per day, eat foods that have a diuretic and anti-inflammatory effect (bark of willow, spores, blueberry leaves, nettle, birch leaves and buds, licorice root, St. John’s wort). The diet consists of easily digestible products, and its caloric value is 3200 kcal per day. The first days limit protein and salt.
Diet for pyelonephritis in adults
Pyelonephritis in adults is characterized by the duration of the course and possible adverse outcome – it can cause chronic renal failure. In adults, in view of inadequate or inadequate treatment, diet disorders, alcohol intake, the disease often takes on a chronic course. In this regard, diet should be given great attention.
The diet includes:
- Vegetables and fruits with a diuretic effect (watermelons, zucchini, cucumbers, pumpkin).
- Morse and juice from cranberries and cranberries, which have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. Protocyanidins Cranberries have an antimicrobial effect.
- The first days with acute pyelonephritis and severe intoxication (temperature, chills, general malaise) it is desirable to abandon protein foods (meat and dairy products) and switch to vegetarian food – puree from vegetables and fruits, baked apples, fruit and vegetable juices.
- As the process subsides, low-fat meat is introduced (beef, chicken, veal), fish. The amount of protein should be within the physiological norm.
- Milk, sour-milk products, cottage cheese, unsalted cheese.
- Bran and cereals from whole grains.
- Chloride-calcium water.
- A light green tea without sugar.
- Olive oil.
What can not be eaten with this disease?
- Spicy condiments and sauces (horseradish, mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup).
- Products containing essential substances (parsley, celery, radish, garlic, onions, basil, radish).
- Concentrated broths rich in extractive substances – fish, mushroom and meat.
- Sour fruits and vegetables (tomatoes and tomato juice, lemon). The exception is cranberry.
- Salted, pickled, pickled vegetables.
- Sweet confectionery and sugar.
- Limit salt to 5-10 g, if there is a pressure increase – up to 2-3 g.
- When exacerbating, you must abandon animal fats (allowed butter 15 g per day and vegetable fats).
- Products containing artificial dyes and with a high content of oxalic acid (sorrel, spinach).
- Alcoholic drinks, sweet fizzy, strong tea and coffee.
Pyelonephritis with of pregnancy quite a frequent phenomenon. Its occurrence is promoted by the expansion of the urinary tract, which occurs with hormonal shifts and compression of the ureters by an enlarged uterus. The direct and wider urethra in women creates favorable conditions for the penetration of infection from the outside into the bladder. During pregnancy, the uterus squeezes the ureters and violates the passage of urine, it is difficult to empty the bladder, which helps to multiply the pathogenic flora and spread it upwards.
Also in pregnant women there is atony of the ureters and an expansion of pelvis (their capacity increases up to 10 times, and the ureters elongate and flex). All this creates the conditions for the emergence of of vesicoureteral reflux. Pregnant with multi-fertility, with a large fruit, with polyhydramnios it is necessary 1 once a month to make a bacteriological analysis of urine.
The nutrition of a woman should be balanced and include all the substances necessary for the normal development of the child.
- It implies the rejection of fatty, fried, spicy and salty foods, semi-finished products, pickled vegetables, strong coffee, mushrooms, seasonings, spices and spices, garlic, onions, vinegar.
- Consumption of salt decreases to 5-8 g in knocking, especially if the pressure is increased. This means that the dishes in the preparation process do not salt, and the salt in the allowed amount is added to the ready meals at the table.
- The first days are recommended raw and boiled vegetables, kefir, yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese and dishes from it.
- After a few days, low-fat meat and fish, chicken breasts are introduced.
- Be sure to observe the drinking regime, if not contraindicated the use of a large amount of liquid – up to 2,5 liters of fluid per day.
- It is important to monitor bowel function, because constipation support inflammation in the kidneys. In this regard, you need to use laxative products (beets, prunes, figs, fresh rhubarb and compote from it).
- After the illness, during the year, one should refrain from sharp seasonings, salted and smoked food.
Diet in chronic kidney pyelonephritis
Latent flow of the chronic form of the disease is characterized by isolated urinary syndrome. In the remission phase, high blood pressure may be the only symptom. Of course, that patients must constantly monitor their diet.
- It will be necessary to limit or permanently refuse from sharp dishes, seasonings and spices.
- Limit in the diet of smoked meat and fish products, fried foods, at least during periods of exacerbation.
- Since there is a tendency to increase the pressure, it is necessary to reduce the amount of salt consumed to 3 g, and also to refuse salted and marinated vegetables, canned food, salted fish, meat and meat products.
- Limit vegetables that are irritating: onions, garlic, radish, sorrel, horseradish, parsley, radish or use them for your health and note which vegetables cause exacerbation.
- Give preference to natural food, mainly boiled, stewed or baked.
- Exclude products with dyes and preservatives, frozen semi-finished products with preservatives.
- Regularly consume fruit juices, compotes and fruit drinks.
- If there is no edema, observe the drinking regimen (1-1,5 L liquid).
- It is not allowed to use sodium (salty) mineral water.
- To not allow constipation. To do this, eat vegetables with coarse fiber, cereals, bran and whole wheat bread.
- Limit or exclude alcohol intake.
It is important not to allow hypothermia, to strengthen immunity and not to break the diet. It is corrected if, in repeated urinalysis, salts (oxalates or phosphates) are found and, accordingly, changes pH urine.
Salt loss uric acid (urata) is associated with a decrease pH urine. Urates are formed due to excessive intake of purine from fish, meat and poultry. The most effective treatment in this case is the appointment of a diet, as in gout. It provides for the exclusion from the diet of the liver, meat broths, kidneys, the restriction of meat, fish, poultry and fats. When oxalates appear in urine, it is recommended to reduce the intake of fats and foods high in oxalic acid: sorrel, spinach, carrots, beets, beans, potatoes, rhubarb, tomatoes, parsley, red grapes, strawberries, oranges, grapefruit, leafy greens, cranberry juice, cocoa, green beans, blackberries, figs, gooseberries, raspberry juice, tea. Foods rich in magnesium (wholemeal bread, cereals) that bind oxalates in the intestines and reduce their absorption should be included in the diet.
The precipitation of practically insoluble salts calcium phosphate It is noted when the equilibrium is shifted to the alkaline side. The alkalinization is caused by milk and dairy products, legumes, potatoes, sweet berries and fruits, many vegetables (except green peas, pumpkins, mushrooms), and fruit and vegetable juices. Therefore, the above products should be excluded and give preference to meat, fish, eggs, cereals, sour berries (red currant, cowberry), honey. Under these conditions, on the contrary, meat and fish broths are allowed, from drinks – tea, coffee.