According to medical statistics, about 7% of the total adult population of the world (men and women) have sand in their kidneys. Often a similar disease is asymptomatic. Moreover, many patients throughout their life do not even suspect that they have concrements in the organs of the urinary system. But despite this, when the first symptoms of the pathology, or its detection, it is necessary to carry out treatment, based on a diet with sand in the kidneys.
Consumption of a certain set of products and rejection of harmful ingredients is also recommended in order to prevent the development of sand formation in the kidneys. Before choosing a specific diet, you should determine the type of salts that have accumulated in the kidneys.
The diet with sand in the kidneys suggests a complete correction of the diet in men and women. It is based on the following principles:
- daily it is necessary to drink about two liters of water;
- there are foods that do not contain salt;
- food should include a minimum of meat;
- regular monitoring of the amount of milk products consumed;
- refusal from consumption of conservation, as in its composition meets a lot of salt;
- increase in the number of foods containing vitamin A (carrots, pumpkins and others);
- daily diet should include the intake of vitamin B6 or magnesium;
- to take food is recommended in small portions on 5-6 once a day;
- minimizing the consumption of foods that contain vitamin C.
In addition, proper nutrition presupposes a more active way of life, since constant movement accelerates the process of sand dissolution in the kidneys.
Universal diet with a mixed composition of sand in the kidneys
Diet is determined by what kind of salt led to the formation of sand in the kidneys. It depends less on who is meant for: for a man or a woman.
Often in the body, sand and stones are formed from a combination of different types of salts. For example, the core can consist of calcium oxalate, and the outer shell – of apatite carbonate. Treatment and diet in such cases are chosen strictly individually based on the composition of the formations.
If an accurate diagnosis has not yet been made, then it is necessary to increase the amount of fluid consumed. Its volume depends on the level of daily loads. Good efficiency in terms of controlling the initial stage of sand formation in the kidneys is demonstrated by cranberry and cowberry fruit drinks, as well as teas based on medicinal herbs.
Oxalates are formed in the kidneys as a result of active production of oxalic acid by the body. If such a pathology occurs, a diet that includes products that dissolve such deposits is recommended. Accordingly, from the diet it is necessary to exclude dishes in which oxalates are encountered. To treat the disease and its prevention should drink alkaline mineral water.
The recommended products for oxalates in women and men are:
- cooked meat and fish products (you can sausages and sausages);
- milk and dairy products, except when the patient has an elevated calcium content in the body;
- Wheat, buckwheat, pearl barley, oatmeal;
- most fresh vegetables;
- apricots, bananas;
- all kinds of compotes;
- kvas, fruit;
- tea and soft coffee.
If oxalate deposits are found, do not eat:
- salted fish;
- liver, kidneys and other by-products;
- Gulf-based meals based on gelatin;
- reduce cheese consumption;
- mushrooms, strawberries, sorrel, spinach, rhubarb, beans;
- broths based on meat, fish and mushrooms;
- any salty and smoked foods;
- caviar, pepper, mustard, horseradish;
- canned food;
- chocolate, figs;
- strong coffee, cocoa.
Phosphate sand, which accumulates in the kidneys, is a salt of phosphoric acid. Nutrition in this pathology presupposes saturation with products rich in vitamins A and B. Such a diet ensures rapid dissolution of sand.
Recommended products include:
- meat, fish and poultry;
- no more than one egg a day;
- non-dairy groats;
- green peas, pumpkin;
- sour fruit and compotes on their basis;
- cranberry and cowberry fruit;
- not strong tea and coffee.
In the presence of sedimentary deposits in the form of phosphates, it is necessary to exclude:
- any smoked products;
- milk and sour-milk products;
- all fats, except oil;
- potatoes and other vegetables;
- juices and fruit compotes from fruits not listed in the previous list.
In addition, it is necessary to limit the use of products rich in vitamin D. The daily volume of liquid to be drunk is selected strictly on an individual basis, based on the indicator of the density of urine.
Due to a decrease in the pH of urine, or an increase in its acidity, it is supersaturated with derivatives of uric acid. In addition, the formation of urate sand leads to a profuse consumption of purine, alcohol. A similar disease is common in people who are overweight. From what has been said, it follows that the treatment of urate sand in the kidneys through a diet is quite effective.
Food at urates assumes the consumption of the following:
- skimmed meat and fish products (no more than three times a week);
- dairy products, including unsalted cheese;
- any cereals;
- bread based on wheat and rye flour with the addition of bran;
- vegetables, including sour;
- fruit and all kinds of compotes on their basis;
- not strong tea, better green.
In Urat, nutritionists recommend to refuse the same products, as:
- meat of young animals;
- by-products such as liver or tongue;
- smoked products;
- canned food;
- animal fats;
- strong coffee, cocoa.
Otherwise, the recommendations for a diet are similar to what was given in the section on oxalates. A day you can drink no more than two cups of coffee, as this drink activates the production of uric acid.
Treatment of sand in the kidneys always begins with a certain diet. This approach promotes the rapid removal of insoluble salt crystals from the body, thereby preventing the development of urolithiasis.
In addition, with any of the described diets, you can use both vegetable and butter. It should be mentioned that a diet should be prescribed by a doctor when the sand is in the kidneys.